Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
Jay, check out Long Lake in New Brighton but keep it on the down low. Just kidding, its right off of the freeway and Long Lake Blvd.

Actually its a pretty sweet lake, Tony P has an X-2 out there and his next door neighbor has a Super Air. The launch is pretty decent, and there is a park with a beach on one half of the lake so traffic usually isnt to bad, its a small lake so a couple of boats can get crowded but everyone I've met out there is pretty cool.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Midwest MC could probobally throw in some sponsorship for the MN day too. The only dates we have blocked out right now are for the Pro Tour including the weekend before and the Minnetonka boat demo. Other than that we are pretty much open right now.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
My '02 Malibu VLX is for sale, if anyone is interested.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/505139.html?1194963469

I'm in Mound and ride around the Lake Minnetonka area.

Lil Braswell, we missed you this year, man. Look me up, when and if you come back. I rode a lot with John Tietz this year. The dude has got maad skills. You guys could learn a lot from each other.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-04-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Wow, you have to love MN.....I am in Duluth right now and we just got 16 inches of snow the other day, and today they are predicting another 10 inches!!!! So glad I snowboard otherwise it would be a LONG winter!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-04-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
As Corey talked about before. I am sure that we can get something together for a local shoot out. I would love to be a part of that. The St. Croix would work out pretty well too I think. There are a couple of areas that we could get this setup.
Old    kc700            12-04-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
nintzel...gimme a call when you get a sec bro.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-04-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
Corey- What the Heck is that picture in your profile?!? did you crash in a patch of lilly pads?
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-04-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
I have a cabin up north but whenever we bring our boat home we normally go out on riley or bryant so ill have to be looking for you guys next summer
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-04-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
yo chuck, where do you guys have a cabin?
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-04-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
I was on a test drive today and decided to go take a look at Lake Riley. Id never seen it before cause the few times ive been to Bear Path I was on the north east side of it. Looks like its a pretty nice little lake and only like 6 miles down Pioneer Trail from my place! You can bet your ass that ill be there ALL THE TIME next summer!

(Message edited by megatmoe on December 04, 2007)
Old     (midwesthouse)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
what's up guys! just wanted to post up a part of the video that I put together over the summer. this is the crash portion of the video and i'll post up some of the other parts soon. The video is of me, _JB, and our buddy brian. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ4-hHDbsgs
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-04-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
House thanks for sharing! haha, sorry for the laugh, but that was intense! i got a video but its off my hardrive now and i have it on a dvd, dont think i can upload it again, maybe i can... anywho, is that indoor surfing at the new water park by MOA? I havent been there yet but im going to go ASAP if it is! Looks fun!
Old     (midwesthouse)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
glad you liked it! i either get laughs or concerned moans. i prefer the laughs... the surfing is from the indoor water park by MOA, its called Water Park of America. if you can get by all the screaming 5 year olds, its awesome. they only let you surf after i think 7pm. but its worth it and its only 20 bucks.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-04-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
Moe, Riley is definitely a nice little lake, the only problem with it is that it's just a big circle
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-05-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
Eder, It's up in the Longville/Remer area about a half an hour or so from the Crosslake area
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-05-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Ryan, Monday night was crazy, way to much booze. MAN THAT SHOW ROCKED! So how I ended up and the lifey, beats me how I got there. That was such BS that the stopped selling booze once the show started.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-05-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Will, thats supposed to be a powerslide through the lilly pads no crashes on that set. Always wanted to try it after I saw in some movie and that day I got my chance!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-05-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
cool stuff Charlie. My buddy has a cabin on cross lake. I forgot the lake name, right on the whitefish chain though across the street from WFS building and bout a mile south of CNC boat works. Right in front of the island where they have the july fireworks and across the lake from Hecker's cabin. Great place up there and early mornings rock for riding!!
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-05-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
oh yeah i know exactly where that is. I have a few buddies on that chain we come over and watch those fireworks some years haha
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-05-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
Yeah man, at his place we dont even have to go anywhere, we just sit in his yard with some drinks in hand next to the bonfire and watch, its kickass! Hit me up next summer man, dont forget! They got an 06 xstar up there, blue and black, sure you've seen us out there before man!
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-06-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Hey charlie and eder, I think i saw you both this summer on the whitefish chain. My parents have a cabin on a smaller lake in Crosslake, Its called obrien. Charlie i know i have seen you out there with your malibu. The amount of wake boats has exploded over the past few years on that lake. I love it up there.

maybe next summer we can all get together and do some riding.

later
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-06-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey matt, i dont have my boat up there but my buddy has his x star, if youre talkin bout my malibu that is, but i have seen one like mine up there before in one of the north bays. Anywho, i posted on the classifieds about your supra brother, i might be interested. My boat is in storage right now though and needs to sell before i buy another one. Beautiful boat you have there though! Maybe i can help you take it off your hands in the near spring!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-06-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
MK, Yeah from what I hear its awesome during the week but gets alittle too packed for such a small lake on the weekends. Does anyone ride on Long Lake? Everytime I drive by it its empty. I wakeboarded on it 2 years ago and it was great. I dont understand why I never see anyone on it.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-06-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Moe, weekends definitely get busy by about 1-2, can't say I have ever been able to ride on it during the week
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-07-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
Haven't been on here in awhile. Wanted to say hi. I live in Saint Louis Park. Ride mostly on med. tonka, and long lake up in new brighton. Most of my riding buddies are in the North Metro, and I work in bloomington. So I don't get out a whole lot during the week. Weekends, usually I'm up in Park Rapids at my parents house on Long Lake.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
matt, im sure ive seen you up there before but yeah getting together to ride sometime would be awesome
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
I went to the Premier of Push Process at Midwest Mastercraft. Its a damn good video. Did any of you go? The part where the girl breaks her leg in nine places crashing on a whirlybird almost made me pass out! Can you imagine the PAIN!? Looked pretty bad. I like how they showed he road to recovery...That was cool
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-08-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
I was there. Pretty stoked on the vid. Keith Lyman's section definitely ripped. Can't wait to see it again!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
I went. Aaron Rathay's section was unbelievable. Made me dizzy just watching it.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I was dizzy from all the damn red bull! I think I drank 5 of them!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-08-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
Rathy is the freakin' man. Especially his rock jump.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Haha hell yeah. When I saw that part I was thinking about what would happen if I tried that...I bet I would need a new board after that day and maybe a few stitches in my head!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-09-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have seen the picture that Ryan took of Rathy jumping this giant rock. Freaking nutso!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-09-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Hey guys, it was good to see all of you out there.
Thanks again for making the trek out!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-11-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I really wanted to go.....had to close that night, damn, looks like i missed out! Its so cold outside haha, looks like its going to be a long winter unfortunately. Its as cold as February right now and its December!!!

(Message edited by spicychalupa69 on December 11, 2007)
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-12-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Is there any other video premiers going on this winter?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-13-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Anthony, im not sure but would sure like to know bout some more!

EVERYONE...does anyone know, have or is going to build any sliders and or kickers? Ive been wanting to build either or for some time. I just wouldnt know where to put it. Also, i would love to know if any of you know whereabouts of some sliders and would be willing to 'share' next season under your own restrictions of course..
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-13-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
I WAS GONNA ASK THE SAME QUESTION! I want to hit some sliders bad! I saw one on Prior last year but it was pulled up on shore and looked scary as hell!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
I know Brent has a pretty good selection of sliders and a kicker or two on Prior. I think he spoke with the DNR and as long as he pulls them out of the water when not in use they are cool with them. I'm sure he'd be cool with peeps hitting them but I'd ask first.

Bird and I have one up at his cabin, if you know where Lake Lougee is its out there probobally needs some repair after this winter, if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-13-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I've built a few up at my dad's house. They are very simple flat bars that stand about 3' off the ground and 11" wide, 16' long. Got 3 of them screw them together and you get a 48 footer. I'll take some pics if I remember next time I go up there.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-13-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
I know where a bunch are 80 fot A-frame, 72 foot flat, up 20 to gap 40 flat, but its a seceret spot. Sorry gang.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-13-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, how bout you blindfold me, take me to your 'secret spot' and let me hit some of those rails.... drinks will be on me! And gas! haha...seriously tho...
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-14-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Is there anywhere in the Twin Cities that you can go to practice on a trampoline? Do any of you guys do that? I would really like to try and improve during the winter.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
I would also love to practice on the tramp. Thre's got to be a place where we can make that happen.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-14-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Nick, Anthony, Im in, lets find a place, make a place, lets do something!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-14-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Now im really glad I asked. I thought people were gonna be like "Yeah you idiot, you can go here and here and here." I thought there would be some gymnastics place around town that everyone met up at.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
My 4 year old goes to Flips Gymnastics in WBL. Next time I am there I will ask if they can get something like that set up. They have one of those big tramps that guys in the olympics can get like 25' up in the air, have you ever seen those guys? They do most insane stuff on the tramp like triple spins with triple flips. Also a couple of years ago I mentioned something to my mom about tramp training and she got me these lessons at one of those places. I never went because I thought they would look at me like, what the hell are you talking about? Tie a rope to something and use it on a tramp? I will also ask her where that was.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-14-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
Hey nick, if you get a quote, or more info i would definitely be interested. Something to keep me busy during the winter months. If we go somewhere and actually are somewhat dedicated, maybe we can all pitch in and get a guru board or something. This would be real cool if we could work out some sessions in a gym! Let me know if that gym doesnt work and i will make some phone calls and see what i find!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-15-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me guys! Im in for sure! Along with the guru board, do you think ankle weights would help imitate the weight of a wakeboard?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
I went up to Spirit Mt today and holly crap are my legs tired. I havn't done anything for about 3 months or so. Who else does some boarding in the winter, and where do you usually go?
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-15-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I ride at Spirit, going tomorrow morning
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-16-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
I was gonna go to Hyland this morning but decided to catch up on sleep cause I worked 60hrs last week. Got that damn boat to pay off!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-17-2007, 4:58 AM Reply   
You Nick if you get a hook up at Flips let me know, I would be totally into that. I have a tramp but it is only really usable in the summer. Got it off Craigs list for Free!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-17-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
does anyone know how the riding is on the mighty mississippi...particularly around the I694 bridge? i found a place to live that is right on the water there, but don't know if it is even deep enough to ride.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
I will be going to Flips on Thursday. I will ask then, in the mean time some one else can make some calls if they are interested and know of some other places. I will tell them there are 5-10 guys and/or gals? wondering about some tramp classes that could be wakeboard oriented.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-17-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Nick, i will look into making some phone calls tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much time i have, since i have a hockey game, and study for finals. But i am definitely in 100% whatever we do, even if cost incurred. Should be fun!!
Old     (mads0113)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
I am not sure of the name of the gym, but a guy at work was telling me that there is a place in Maple Grove that has "open gym" on Friday nights. For $10 you can use the trampolines. I will get the name of it and post it.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-17-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Wouldn't it be cool if a gym company came to the boat show? Could probably sign a few people up!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-19-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Will, totally agree. I love the boat show! This year i dont think ill be buying any wake gear though, im all setup, im lookin to score some new board racks or some apparel! See you guys there...whenever the heck they get here!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-20-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I want to buy a 700 LB Sac and pump for the center of my boat. I currently run the 350 bags on either side of the engine and the wake is nice and steep- but I'd like to get a little bit more mass out of it so I'm thinking about adding that bag- anyone have one they want to sell? I want a Fly-high if I can find it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-20-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
the house has some good deals on 2 year old sacs! Check it.

www.the-house.com/launch-pads.html

hit up Sean Barrett he will be able to hook you up a bit on the price.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-20-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Hey Guys-

It's been a while since I've been on WW, but came to take a look today and saw a thread I couldn't pass up. Hopefully you guys are keeping warm on the snowboards.

I live in Golden Valley, but have they boat down on Lake Frances just east of Mankato. I usually ride there, or a weekday night on Tonka.

Big thanks to jay for inviting me out on Medicine a couple times last season, sorry I could never make it. Hope we can try to get together next season so I can help you out with gas and maybe chip away at that credit card bill.

I'm not that great of a rider, but love to see what happens when the board leaves the water.

Lovin MN!!!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-21-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
I talked to someone at Flips but they told me they would have to get back to me. I'll give them a call in a few days if they don't call back.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-21-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Good job MN...that's a lot of posts for the off season...
I was there in June for the PWT, I had a wicked awesome time...
I hope to be there again soon.
M3rry xmas.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-22-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hey Justin,

You guys should definitally head back down. Tim got a 2006 X-1 this past fall. It's pretty sweet, we had it out a time or two before it had to come in for the winter.

Hit me up if you guys roll into town.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-24-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
Merry Christmas Minnesota!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-24-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Great night last night with all my friends! Just getting in...gonna shower and go to church! Merry Christmas To All of you as well!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-27-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
Anybody been out snowboarding yet? I just got out finally to Afton yesterday...snow was great, had a lot of fun! We should get a Minnesota Snowboard Day out on the slopes sometime!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I was out all day yesterday at my friends backyard park! Stayed up until 3am editing the footage together. Fun stuff!

www.primeproductions.com/WADES_BACKYARD_BONK_FEST.mov
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-27-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
Did afton have the three parks like last year?
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-27-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
I was at Hyland last week. They have a pretty nice park split into 2 sections and 2 rope tows. I got like 50 runs in 2 hrs! Its great there as long as you can go during the day when the kids are at school.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-28-2007, 6:31 AM Reply   
yeah hyland on the weekends or a week night can get pretty crazy with all the little rippers out. But it is a great place to have so close to the citys and they always have a nice park.

Has anyone been to theodore wirth?
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-28-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
I live in Duluth, Spirit is awesome so far, I think they just opened the park, a little far away from the cities but worth the drive
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-28-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
Yeah MK Spirit is awesome. I had a season pass last year but the drive SUCKS. MEGA falling asleep at the wheel driving home after a full day of riding the park.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-28-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Im going to Hyland sunday morning and riding the park for about 2 hours if anyone wants to meet up.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Someone at Flips got back to me and we talked a little about what was expected in a tramp class. I didn't talk to the person that would be doing the class so the woman said she would have that person contact me. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear from them again.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-02-2008, 10:19 PM Reply   
Sweet!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-03-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Word up thatnks for the update Nick, we should get together cosidering we live like 100 yards from eachother.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Hey, stop by some time. Bu's in the garage waiting to have some work done to it when it gets a little warmer. We just had #2 about six weeks ago. Her name is Zoie. I am going to Flips at 5 tonight, and I'll see if I can talk to the person that does the tramp stuff. The only thing that I can think of to tell them is that we would like to tie a rope up somewhere so we could use it for practice or it would not be anything like wake boarding at all and would be worthless to go and just jump on a tramp. Let me know what you guys think.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-03-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Yeah a rope would be very necessary. How about using an Guru Tramp board too, I would be willing to buy one.