Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-22-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
20,000 for ACL reconstructive surgery

500 for gas and copay for physical therapy

40.00 for gas and beer to Canyon Lake

Landing no less than 10 backrolls my first time back on the water in 10 months after knee surgery........PRICELESS
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-22-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Welcome back! That's so cool to hear!
Old    jlm            05-22-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Same boat you're in...minus the backrolls. Congrats. BTW, the knee gets stronger every day. I'm 2+years out and mine feels great...except for the apparent lack of as much cartledge as I once had!
Old    wakeboardn4life            05-22-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
im 15 and i just had acl reconstruction a month ago and feel like i could go out and ride right now i hope im able to land all my tricks once im able to get back on the water
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
I had the same surgery and thought that it would take me a while to get back to the level that I was at before the injury, but I was amazed that after one weekend of riding I was back landing the same tricks. I can't tell you how important it is to rehab so that you are confident on the water and it doesn't happen again.
Old    mia            05-22-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
did you go cad, patella, or ham on the acl replacement ?

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-22-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
randy, welcome back! that's awesome to hear.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-23-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks alot guys it really is great to be back on the water again despite my overly aching muscles and sunburn it was awesome. I remember now how good of shape i was in when i rode 3 times a week

Clubmyke i ended up going with the hamstring and it's working well

I think i am going to try and hit up the LF Ride day at Carlsbad Lagoon on Thursday before i fly out to Georgia for the weekend anybody going.....Joe, Dave, JohnR....anybody
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
hmmm...sooo tempted!