Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-06-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Ill be out there next weekend for the first time this year (losing my 2005 Lake Meadinity!). Does anyone know the water temps right now?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
55-60 degrees. feels warmer? rode there two weeks ago and the weather was sunny and mid 70's but can average mid 90's in may.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
more like 70+/-...just depends on where your at
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-06-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
just went two weeks ago and it was 64 but the runoff has been holding it down a bit. Should be 65 +/-. I was fine without my shorty
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       05-13-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
what the hell are you guys crying about wearing my shorty it has been ok to wear shorts for about a month now . what marina do you people ride out of because ive never seen any wakeboard there, besides drive there boats around
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-13-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
whoa danny boy! friday the 13th got the best of you? i wore my shorts almost three weeks ago and we usually ride out of callville, to the left of the slips near the marina or head back up and out of the narrows, out of the wind...
i guess we didn't see you either...
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-13-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Go Bruins!
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       05-13-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
ryan whats up bud how much and what kind of boat do you have. we are at my parents houseboat pretty much everyday through out the summer. always looking for people to weigh down the boat along with the 2300 lbs we run. we are the first houseboat when you enter the marina from the lake called time out would love to hook up and ride.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-13-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
yeah danny,
i have quite a few friends in that area. we usually ride my buddy's '03 x30 solid red, or an '04 tige 24v black and white with riders graphics. i try to get down there with my boat 2-3 times a summer but because i am there so much for work, it is easier to fly down and ride with friends from henderson. i have seen that houseboat, or remember walking by it anyway. my wife's sister and husband keep their go fast miami vice wanna be offshore in a slip across from the petrol station there. i will look for you next time through and would love to hook up. always lots of eye candy on my buddy's boats because of their affiliation with that little gentleman's club, "cheetah's"... don't tell the missus, she thinks i go down there way too much for work as it is.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-13-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
the lake is heating up..it will be bath water in no time....i launch outta Las Vegas bay marina but would like to start going to callville but its either right there to the left of the marina or its burn up a 1/4 tank getting to the narrows and then after there i have no idea where to go..any hints?
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-16-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
I had temps of 74 in Fire Cove yesterday and 71 in the main part of Virgin basin out of Echo. Summer is here!

Mid, I gave up on Calville years ago and find its worth the truck gas to launch from Echo. I can almost always escape the wind there.
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
Troy, how is the water Level at fire cove?

I was there for week last summer and it was getting pretty low.

Do you have any pictures
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-17-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Chris,
The water level is the same as fall 2003. About 20 feet over last summer so the shallow spot in the narrows around the island is now over 25 feet deep. The only problem is the area is now so big that it is not as wind protected as when the water level was lower. I looked at my pics but none really show much about the water level.

This time of year the mornings are full of fishermen. They don't like me much.

Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-17-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
its bath water i say!
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-18-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Higher water is great but so was the Wind protection last year, it was ridable all day.

Anyone have any suggestions on another Cove between Echo and Overton. Last year I parked the Houseboat in Fire Cove for a Week and never had any reason to move. I was hoping to do the same this year.
thanks