Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
What kind of speakers, lights, and racks should I buy for my tower? Wattage, brand, specs, etc. I like the swivel racks, Im sure they cost an arm and a leg.

Any help would be great full. Its going on a new MC X1 with the zero flex tower.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-26-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Patrick, you should check out www.hsetrident.com for some sweet tower speakers. I have this enclosure on my Supra and it's very nice (Loud and Clear). You can also get the speaker enclosure to match your gelcoat.
Old    alanp            06-26-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
i second the hestrident speakers. very clean and loud.
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I still need more help with this please.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
I would say NVS speakers(or make your own) I haven't heard HSEtrident speakers so I can't comment. Make sure to run them with a big clean amp. My personal favorites are Xtant 604X and Diamond D9 100x4, there are other good ones as well.
Lights, I have not ran across any good ones that were not homemade. I would suggest 6-8 offroad HID lights.
There was an aftermarket company that made a swivel adaptor for racks not sure if they are still in business. I worked with MonsterTower and developed my own.
There is a little theme in my post, make your own. I have found you it is hard to get the quality and custom fit applications from many aftermarket companies for many products.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
dbot5 has some serious steez on racks, lights, and other accessories, plus it FITS ANY TOWER on any boat OUT OF THE BOX. check em out at http://www.buywake.com/catalog/wakeboat/boardRacks/Dbot5 or http://www.boardersparadise.com

(Message edited by boardr2d on June 29, 2006)
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-29-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Jason, Could i get some more info on the swivel you made for monster racks...maybe some pics please..I would appreciate it.
Old    stevie211            07-01-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
i just picked up some new tower speaker and board rack from www.seasickusa.com i really like the look and sound. i am really happy with my set up