Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    dbogart            07-12-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
guys-do we have to pay sales tax to register a boat in NJ? on the nj home page it looks like no.
thats got to be to good to be true.

also-i dont need insurance on my trailer right?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
I don't think we pay sales tax to register the boat but I had the dealership do all the registering for me. Nope you don't need insurance on Trailers/Boat or Jet Ski's but its recommended.
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
thanks manago for answering my questions again for me. anybody else know this one?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
trailer no, but I would recommend talking to your Ins Comp. about adding it to your policy as an addition to your tow-vehicle. The addition is relatively cheap for the peace-of-mind.

Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
anybody else know about sales tax on a used boat in NJ?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
Dave,
These questions as well as other posts I've seen you write can all be answered if you make a quick trip to your local DMV. Worth the trip no?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
Hey KG: Are you up and riding again? If you ever want to come to Manahawkin for a pull behind the Super Air just let us know. JB recently emailed me and said there's an event coming-up in August in Avalon. Maybe we'll tow down.
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
Duzent Matter-i have researched my questions on the NJ DMV website. I couldnt find an answer (well i think i found my answer-i just don't beleive it). I also am not lucky enough to have a "local" DMV. 20 minutes down the road or ten seconds on a message board.....all you need to do is say- yes, there is sales tax on boats-or no, there is not sales tax on boats in nj. i simply thought it was a really simple question that could be answered in 2 seconds from those that have been through it.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2004, 2:53 AM Reply   
Yes 6% sales tax and you pay when you register.

Alex where and when is the event, I've never seen a pro ride.
Old    dbogart            07-14-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
thanks woody. sure was easier then a trip to the DMV.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
Eatontown NJ DMV (Monmouth County)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
Woody: From what I understand, The Wild Bill Wakeboard event is not a pro tour stop. It's a local annual event held down in Avalon, NJ. You can click on this link for some pictures http://www.wakescene.com/photos_page_2.htm
If you email KG at www.wakescene.com I'm sure he can give you all the details.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2004, 3:32 AM Reply   
Thank's Alex, maybe I'll see you there.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
HEY HEY Alex & DM,
Yea I am up and running again (no pun intended) I was almost out the season...Dr. said I should have the pins in my leg removed...thankfully we got it all done in April and I am finally back to about 80% on the water...still a little sore here and there though. We do have to get together and ride...maybe this weekend if you like, Sunday I am totally free. I will email you both.

I was in fact just thingking about you two, Karen and I were at Trackside the other night enjoying a few of those open-steak sandwiches....ummmmm yummy!

The Wildbill event is not a pro-stop or a tour event, but like Alex said a local event. This will be the 4th year for the event...and it should be a good time.
Aug 7th
Horseshoe Beach, Avalon NJ
Avalon Website check out the events link...more info will be posted as it nears!

KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Alright KG, let's do it! This weekend it is. Check your email.