Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-03-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
So I'm looking to order some 08's through my dealer but I fall right between the medium and large. I wear a 10.5 so I was looking to see what sizes the guys that already got there 08's were riding. I like my bindings tight. I'm coming from the 07 zues. How's the fit compared to other closed toes? Thanks guys.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-03-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I would say to get the mediums. Take my opinion for what it is worth but I got my set about a week ago and went with the mediums, I also have a size 10.5 foot but only in some shoes, otherwise I am a 10. I got the mediums because I like my bindings tight as well and since this was the first pair of ct bindings that I was purchasing I wanted to make sure that the binding hugged my whole foot all the way down to my toes and that I didn't get that tight at the ankles and up but loose in the foot feeling that I got with all the previous ct bindings that I have tried (ronix, LF, hyperlite). With that said I couldn't be happier with my decision on the zues and on the size choice, my feet go right up to the end of the binding and make contact with the very end of the toe area, a little more so on the left foot but my left foot is a little larger than my right. The first time I rode them I jammed my left big toe while doing a switch crow and found that I just needed to tighten the binding more and the problem was solved. I am always leary to wrench down on a pair of new bindings when I get them.

On another note my bindings came with the stiffiner sewn on the tounge and it makes the bindings pretty stiff, although they are starting to break in now after 8 or so sets. I like the stiff feel when doing inverts or any other tricks that I take into the flats because of the ankle support but sometimes when I would just like to do a big ol tweaked out indy or throw a grab on my crow they seem to be a bit restrictive. I didn't try the answer but it seems like those would provide a good solid mix of both even when you wear them extremely tight like myself. sorry for the book I just wrote you but I always seem to do that. Hope this helps some. If you had the mediums in the 07's then get the mediums in 08's that is exactly what I did and it worked out great

(Message edited by robertr720 on November 03, 2007)
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-03-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thanks a lot Robert this was the kind of response I wanted to get. The only thing I'm worried about is jamming my toes like you said.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-03-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Ha ya that seemed to happen to me cause I was expecting it. I have done it on 2 seperate occations, both on the same trick. I don't always land the switch crow gracefully cause I just started to do them but when I mess up it is a butt check and a very heel heavy landing, alot of people do this with tantrums as well. It used to cause my left foot to slide forward pretty far in my 07's but I thought that those did a great job of keeping my foot in place as I have seen people come all the way through the binding and then we had to cut them off his foot. I guess what I mean is that there is not enough room in there to break your toe as you can't really slide forward all that much and I would rather have a jammed toe then come out the front and loose a pair of bindings and possibly hurt my ankle. This is why the mediums have worked so well for me. Like I stated above though, both times that this happened to me I just tightened the bottom laces and then the problem was solved.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-03-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Tony has a pair of Larges that he has been riding for about 2 months and he said they seemed a little to big He got his new Mediums last weekend and he said they fit perfect. He is a 10-10.5 not real wide.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
I went with the Large with a size 10.5, but I have a wide, flat foot. Not sure what the Mediums feel like, but there is almost no room left in my large's. Interesting.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-04-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.