Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-17-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
i just picked up the 07 zues's and the top pull string is stuck the recoil is letting in and out slack but the cinch is wont let it through next to the recoil i tried pushing the tab open but it wont open up any am i missing something?????
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2007, 12:42 AM Reply   
wow...yeah. You might be missing a half decent understanding of how to type a sentence.

Not sure what's going on with your bindings, but I'd definitely hit up whoever you got those boots from and have them send you some of the new overlays that CWB made recently that do away with that recoil system. Either that, or have them send you one or two extra recoil pull thingies, and then re-tie that knot where the end of the string attaches to the top eyelet, and then hope that your eyelets don't get pulled out of the overlay. Yep...that should get you all dialed in!
Old     (motobob13)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-18-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
Go to the CWB website and look at the "How to Use the Recoil" Video. http://www.cwbwakeboards.com/2007/videos.php
Old    sealyon.net            08-18-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
Scott, I think the recoil system works fine but It's the sinching device that is to tight. We have 2 pairs in our shop and they have the same problem. Really hard to pull the lace.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Hmm... I was looking to buy a pair of these here real soon. They are at a great price and I'm wondering if it's worth it with what I've heard about the cinching system.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Scott are you always a jerk off or is today your day??? Is it that life threating to worry about grammar a a chat forum? Or to be insulted for it? Do you really want to try to match wits??
Lyon ya exactly! They are straight from the pro shop i figured out to just yank the hell out of it. But the sinching lock still wont release. Hopefully they loosen up. They have a incredible lock on your heel so i a cant wait to ride them.

(Message edited by nsolis220 on August 18, 2007)
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-18-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
nsolis220, don't pick on scott....he's 14 and fragile.

when he mouths off to me, I just flick him in the nose.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
They are a great boot. The new overlays are being shipped out to shops now. Just get the ones that have already been switched or take them back to get switched
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
nsolis - Maybe Scott didn't go about it the right way, but help us help you bro. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site, Scott being one of 'em, who like to help people. The bottom line is if we trouble to read a post, we may just say forget it.

quote:

Is it that life threating to worry about grammar a a chat forum?

NO, but if you want help you'll get it faster and in more of an abundance if you use complete sentences, punctuation and correct spelling.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
The bindings I'm looking at getting would be from wake-space.com. I'm not sure I'd be able to get the overlays from them. Are they needed or do they just help?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Shawn- yeah, if you order the bindings through Wake-Space.com you'll definitely get hooked up with those. Several of us WW posters (myself, AntBug, Myke Davis) manage pro shops that are associated with Wake-Space.com, so if they can't get you the new overlays then email one of us because we certainly can.

That said, they aren't 100% necessary. The new overlays basically get rid of the Recoil system and allows you to have a traditional lace system instead. People are choosing to do this because the Recoil system isn't exactly dialed in just yet and stuff is breaking. So no, you don't NEED them, and you may never need them...but they're there for ya if you want them. It's simply an option for those who don't wanna deal with stuff breaking all the time.

And since I'm on the subject, a good way to increase the longevity of your Recoil is to avoid yanking the hell out of it. If you really wanna tighten things down good, then pull the Recoil plastic thing back all the way to expose all the string, and then wrap the string around your fingers a few times and THEN pull. When you're done tightening then let the Recoil thing take in the lace. That will avoid putting too much strain on the Recoil housing itself and it'll help them last a bit longer.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-18-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Look at Scott A dropping names and bringing Ant and I into this.... Please direct any warranty issues towards San Jose location

nsolis220 if you do need new overlays, as Scott said, email one of us and we'll get you taken care of. Just so you know the tab to lock/unlock the upper lace moves very minimal, like an 1/8"

Hope you get everything worked out
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
NSOLIS, I am not trying to beat this dead horse at your expense, but really it kind of comes down to this......

If you want someone to take the time to read your post, and use their experience and knowledge to type an articulate, considered response.....it shows respect to form your question in a manner that someone can easily read, understand, and reply to.

Also, for all you young guys and girls out there, please take this as friendly, helpful advice........."People Judge YOU by the WORDS YOU use, and how you use them!!"

Like it or not, thats the fact jack...

Sean
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
ya i guess i wont post anymore since i dont spell very well, I never have. I just wanted help not blasts thanks for those who took this post for what it was a question. Thanks guys i did get used to it, it doesnt unlock much but it works. They have crazy heal hold!

(Message edited by nsolis220 on August 18, 2007)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
Didn't try to blast you nsolis.....Just my opinion, but it is more about having a hard time reading some posts due to the lack of sentences...

I will say that I completely agree with you, I have '06 Factions, and absolutely LOVE them!! Not only are they awesome to get on and off, but the heel hold is outstanding...

I didn't realize how good they were until I broke a lace and had to wear my old O'Brien Links for a day....Big difference.

As mentioned, the only problem I have had is the laces are held together with a cruddy plastic something....After it broke, I relaced, tied with a knot, and haven't had a problem yet.

Sean
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-19-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
just need to be broke in...mine were the same way but now they work with ease.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-19-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
so on my 3rd set in these I'm tightening them up holding the string and all, POP there goes the eyelet sweet..... Still rode them any how wanted to ride my new marius so bad again. So to top it off the damn sinch on the top doesnt hold for nothing, I have to re-tighten them every time i fall. I like the bindings but damn is it my luck or is this standard???

Oh ya I i fell twice were my bindings released once just one the second time both came out? I ride with them super tight. I didnt really like them coming off to much is thought that wouldnt do this!

(Message edited by nsolis220 on August 19, 2007)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-19-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   

quote:

Not sure what's going on with your bindings, but I'd definitely hit up whoever you got those boots from and have them send you some of the new overlays that CWB made recently that do away with that recoil system. Either that, or have them send you one or two extra recoil pull thingies, and then re-tie that knot where the end of the string attaches to the top eyelet, and then hope that your eyelets don't get pulled out of the overlay. Yep...that should get you all dialed in!

Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-20-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
So if my shop i got them from isnt a option whats the next best way to get them fast?
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-20-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
nsolis220 where did you get them from?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-20-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
ohh i dont want to name drop. I dont have any issue with the shop but they said call cwb but i think that would take a some time? Or are they fast enough to get them in cali by thurs???
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-20-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
The shop should be taking care of that for you...... but yes you can call CWB if you choose. You might have to pay for rush shipping but I'm sure it's possible to get them on Thursday. If you don't have CWB's # it's 800-234-7547. If you need help I'll be back in the shop tomorrow and you can reach me @ 925-961-1470.