Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    rweldo            07-15-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
i found a 1977 CORRECT CRAFT 19', SKI NAUTIQUE , Here is what they said about the boat
"great cond, turn key boat, must sell due to baby, complete with trlr, bimini, ski, wakeboard, pylon, vests, etc, $5500 obo"
Does this sound like a good price if the boat is in good condition. I have never owned a boat and am looking for a starter boat that i can get a decent wake out of. I only want to spend around 5k. thanks for the advice. also if anyone has any pics of the wake off of this year boat can you post them, or any interior pics.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
I owned a 1975 CC Skier and found it to be a very reliable, powerful, and fun boat to have. IMO it didn't make it as a wakeboarding boat, because it was designed for slalom skiing and had a very small flat wake. Other draw backs were lack of storage area, and small passenger capacity.

5500.00 for a 1977 isn't a bad price if the boat and trailer are in really nice shape, and you don't have to put any money into it. Best for you to see the boat, take it for a ride and decide if it's right for you. 2001 models (not year) are better suited for wakeboarding, and they can be had fairly reasonably if you're not in a hurry and look around.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-16-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Check the stringers where the engine mounts to the boat. Do a compression test on the engine.

I had one, and it had a nice wake. We ran 500 lbs in tractor weights, and 2 side sacks. With 2-3 people, 200 up front, 500 on the sides, and 300 in back. Not as big as a 2001 model but had a nice shape.

I learned Tantrums, Ralies, and 360's behind that boat. I would defiantly add board racks to the pylon, or a tower with board racks. Storage is almost nonexistent.

Very good first boat though. Defiantly second to a 2001, but are less likely to find a 2k1 in good shape for that price.

Does it have the Chevy(omc), or the ford engine?

Just check to make sure it is a Ski Nautique 17'6", not a Ski Tique ~16'.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-16-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
Does it have a swim platform, or the ladder? Mine had the ladder, I added the platform later ~$650 for the platform and brackets. The ladder sucks.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-16-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
I just noticed that you said 19'. The 1977 "Ski Nautique" was 17'6" usually labeled as 18' had a closed bow, with a scoop on the bow for ducting air through the engine and fuel tank compartment.

Just making sure we are talking about the same boat.
Old    rweldo            07-16-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
i just copied what he had advertised. i have sent the guy an email with some more questions about the boat but havent heard back from him yet. i still dont know if i want to buy one this summer or what until winter time when the prices will drop. i will only get a couple months of use out of it if i got it within a week. otherwise i could wait and see if i can find a 2001 model in decent shape. what do you guys think?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-16-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
It sounds like a good fit for you, if the boat is in good shape. Some of these old CC's are really nice boats, I know I love mine. Ditto what Matt said about a platform, you have to have one.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-16-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Definately check the stringers ... Our first boat looked great but turned out to be a complete sponge.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-16-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
Here's a 2001 listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2484375718&catego ry=63686
Old    yearling            07-16-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
How do you check the stringers? Do you just lift the carpet up or what? Were going to be checking out quite a few 2001's this week.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-19-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
See if you can turn one of the lag bolts holding the engine on if you find one that spins in its hole then the wood around it is bad.
Old    rweldo            07-19-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
matt
Thanks for the tip. so if the bolt acts as if it is stripped and doesnt screw out then the wood around it is bad. How often do you get older boats that have rot in them
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-20-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
I don't know, It all depends on how it has been stored for the last 26years.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-20-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
also check for cracked glass and exposed wood. Idealy you will find a boat that has been restored.