Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-24-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
Saw this company being interviewed on t.v today. They were at the Miami boat show. This is the same material they make the Trex decking out of. Looks like they have some great swim platform applications.
www.plasteak.com
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-24-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
Andy, that's funny - I saw the same thing and was going to check out their site and then make a post about it. I refinished my teak about 2 months ago and it's already looking bad. It sure would be nice to have something that looks good and requires little or no maintenance!

I did a quick estimate and it looks like it would be about $800 to replace my current swimstep, plus brackets if I need them. Not cheap by any means. Anyone know how this price compares to a teak swimstep?

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
Bill, I think teak is about the same or maybe just a couple hundred less. I would love to replace mine with the Plasteak product, but do not have the spare cash laying around. I did a complete overhaul of my teak in the spring. Powerwash, sanding, deep cleaning, oil etc, and all my efforts lasted about 2 weeks. Then it went back to looking worn and old. Lets see if they will give us a group buying discount
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Guys,

I sprayed my platform with DuraLiner two years ago. The total cost was $75.00, and still looks great today, not to mention you don't ever have to worry about slipping while your putting your board on.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
Duraliner is a great product, but I don't like the way it the black looks on a platform. Do they make it in a brown color? Would be killer if they had a woodgrain duraliner package!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Andrew,

they can make it any color you wish these days. I went with black just because it matched my boat.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
Cliff are you trying to give me some sort of hint here???
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-26-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
Cliff,
Any pics?
Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
You guys should try TeakGuard.. http://www.allguardproducts.com