Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (russ_dogg)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I think Im doin every thing right.... front tank all the way full left side all the way full everybody on the left side ....

RIGHT???????
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-21-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
We need a few more details.

What kind of boat?

Well, how full does full weigh in the front? and the left side?
How much does the crew weigh (all together on avg.)

You do want to put your weight on your surf side. Bow weight is a trade off of height and a shorter pocket for a shorter height on your wake with a longer pocket.

Throw out some more details and we should all be able to give some more detailed help
Old     (deafgoose)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
Do you have a hydraulic wake plate?

If so what setting did you have it on?
Old     (russ_dogg)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-22-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
its MB SPORT w- 700-800 lbs in the front and another 7-800 -lbs on the left tank. Everybody combined in the boat about 800lbs I tell every one to ride as far back on the left side as posible. I have no fat sacks in the left rear locker and no wake plate.. Its my first season wake surfing so all the tips will help--
THANKS FOR THE HELP...
Old     (mbwakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2008, 12:29 AM Reply   
We have a B52 and we just added more weight in the front and went faster!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-23-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
What speed are your running at? Got any pictures?
Old     (russ_dogg)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-23-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
9.5-11.5
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-23-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
General rule of thumb...move weight forward and set the trim tab down to correct too short and too steep of a wake.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
What year MB do you have? I had an 06 MB B52 V that we could get a nice wave out of on the port side. The starboard took a lot more fine tuning to get a good wake. It seemed that the starboard wake was very steep and short.

We just bought a new 08 MB B52 V and the wake is soooo nice. Its so easy to get a good wake on both sides. The starboard wake is still a little steeper than the port but very clean and long.

So I guess the moral to the story is that it depends on what year and model MB you have and which side you ride on.

Oh, and I live in Pleasant Grove so if you want to come out with us and see how we do it you're welcome.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
pictures!!!