Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    hyperliteryder            09-10-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Has any of the lady riders tried this board?? I'm looking for a present for my girlfriend (because I'm such a good bf) and she likes this board. she wouldnt want to get the vargas boots because she has tried my parks 133 with the temet boots, and she has tried my sisters board, jobe 129 circus with spin boots, and she likes high rise boots. she doesnt want a boot too low because she is afraid of snapping her ankle. But please, review this board for me, I would like to hear input. Thanks.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-10-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
My wife has the old 01 model. She is just an ocassional weekend rider and is perfect for her. Easy for her to control, edge, and for the occasional wake jump she does fine on it. It is an easy and forgiving board for her.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-10-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
I got one for sale, drop me an email. wakestar8878@hotmail.com
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
It's basically the old Juvi. I used to ride it. It's very smooth and forgiving & also busts big. it's what Murray used to win the X-Games in '98. For women I like molded fins & this one doesn't have that but it's still a fine board. Check out the new CWB Lotus, it's similarly sized & has molded fins.
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
I bought my Wife the 04 Divine/Vargas 134 package.
Its like the nicest setup on the boat, she gets compliments all the time, about how "pretty it is", and "how nice it looks on the water". This is important to her, she is happy and comfortable with the board. Show your GF all the female boards, and let her pick out the one she wants. It will make her happy, and in return make you happy.
DK
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
ITS HL BASE MODEL BOARD I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR RIDEING STEPHAN BUT IT HAS THE LEAST POP OF ANY HL BOARD BUT ITS GREAT FOR BEGGINERS IT TRACKS REAL WELL AND IT CHEAP SO IF SHE ONLY RIDES IT TWICE A YEAR YOU WONT FEEL BAD, THE VARGAS IS A 134 AND HAS MOLDED IN FINS AND MORE ROCKER BUT STILL A GIRLS GRAPHIC, IF YOU WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE CHEAPER
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-13-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
I dont know about the board having the least pop in the HL line, I think if you have proper technique you can go huge on anything and I used to ride that board big. I had the old Juvi 131 and it is a very consistent ride. One thing I would suggest is smaller fins. I dont know what they come with now, but the 2 inch cleaver fins were too much, but finless is MUCH too slippery. But yes it is a good ride for a beginner to intermediate plus. Like Stephan said, watch old videos, Murray goes as big on that board as he does his new boards... food for thought