Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-22-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
what board do you feel has the most pop? i ask this in hope that the responders have riden a variety.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
This thread is going to be awesome.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
2 major types of boards. I'll start very generic.

I ride a continuous rocker board. I am a wake to wake rider. I feel like I get way more pop with that than a 3-stage board. But from what I read, 3-stage boards are way more poppy and better wake to wake. But I could never get it to work for me. Good luck.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
just because a board pops good for me, doesn't mean it will pop good for you. Find a board that fits your timing and technique, it it will pop good.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-22-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
My 2012 recoil feels pretty poppy!
Old     (sparky9)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
I bet it is the recoil that makes it pop!!
Old     (slickwater1)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-22-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
love my watson, most pop I have ever felt. Rode an ibex a couple of sets and it just bucked my knee really bad. I agree with above, find a board that fits your style and tech.
Old     (airbeast)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-22-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
Yep like said before, try out as many as you can and get what you like. Where the Recoil pops well for Fred, it doesn't for me. I got one and I rode it all last summer. For me it popped the least and landed the hardest out of Ibex, One, CWB pure, CWB faction. Finally broke it on a backroll landing too. Ibex popped well but was a little too slow for my liking. The pure was pretty good and fast but more heavy than the rest. I liked the One and ended up buying one later.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
depends on what type of pop you want.
depends on the rider style

some like to point out though that the highest or longest air ever "recorded" was Chad Sharp on his continuous board.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-24-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
everybody's style and technique is different... take dean smith for example he goes BIG but i bet if I jumped on his board rode same speed n rope length i wouldn't even come close....
as C.I.E. J-Rod said "Find a board that fits your timing and technique, it it will pop good"

as for 3-stage and continuous rocker pattens. 3-stage is going to give you a more unpredictable pop off the wake where as the continuous will give you a smoother more predictable pop because of the banana bend shape it has. hope that made some kind of sense....
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-24-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
some like to point out though that the highest or longest air ever "recorded" was Chad Sharp on his continuous board.
Off a kicker: has absolutely jack **** to do with the rocker and shouldn't count as the highest or longest air ever recorded.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
Most poppy board I've ridden is the viva. I was surprised how well it poped and how little effort it took for me to pop it
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
Hammer- I believe it was at double or nothing and was 63 frames or around there, not off the kicker.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-24-2011, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crawley View Post
Hammer- I believe it was at double or nothing and was 63 frames or around there, not off the kicker.
Ohhh, ok. I thought Murray and Shane tied for that at 51.5 frames each?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-25-2011, 5:01 AM Reply   
^So because you "thought" something, you immediately dismiss the facts??

Joe, you are correct, I think this the photo.
Name:  sharpe.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  37.2 KB
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-25-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^So because you "thought" something, you immediately dismiss the facts??
Jeez kid, why are you always so bitter about everything? It's like you'll do anything to start an argument. I was admitting my mistake. I thought Joe was basing his claim on this kicker hit @ 2:16 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaX4fQ2JKs

I was wrong. Ok?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-25-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
"Off a kicker: has absolutely jack **** to do with the rocker and shouldn't count as the highest or longest air ever recorded."

IMO, your post had way more bitterness then my post.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-25-2011, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"Off a kicker: has absolutely jack **** to do with the rocker and shouldn't count as the highest or longest air ever recorded."

IMO, your post had way more bitterness then my post.
It was a little raw. I should've toned it down. I was annoyed cause I've been hearing people debating that kicker hit for years and I'm tired of people claiming it as a record.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-25-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   
I have never heard anyone call that a record. He hit that kicker multiple times.

Sorry for coming off argumentative.