Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (caucasiancamo)      Join Date: May 2010       08-02-2010, 3:14 AM Reply   
just got back from the oc fair...

Nothing against Rome he is a very talented individual..

I'm just not sold on them as anything other then another sublime cover band..

I've seen Bad Fish live and they are just as good.

The best i've seen in a smaller place is Brodii Split covering sublime..

Got to give the Dirty Heads Props for growing up on Sublime and taking it to another level i'm a fan of theirs now for sure...
Old    alanp            08-02-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
isnt that dude rome the singer of dirty heads? i saw the same shows a couple weeks ago. decent show.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
I've been trying to figure that out, and as far as I've found, Lay Me Down features Rome, the Dirty Heads are separate outside of that one song featuring Rome, but did it before he got picked up by the old guys.

Sublime is doing it too late. Like they realized what they missed out on. They don't even seem to really want to do the tour, they just need to. After finally settling on $$, name usage, copyrights, etc, they just don't seem into it.

The Dirty Heads are really good.

This may answer some questions, 1:20ish explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuCsX...eature=related
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-02-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Sublime was Brad Nowell.. end of story.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Sublime was Brad Nowell.. end of story.
Exactly. Well said.

The members always wanted to do their own thing, which was great if you were into their music. Then when they didn't make it, and a decade later, they try and bank back on the name, lyrics, and product Sublime had. They shouldn't even be using the name, and Nowell's wife fought it
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-02-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
agreed... the dirty heads are my jam though, i cant believe i had to miss the tour when it came through philly