Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Anybody ridden them yet? What did you think?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
Also, do they look like they're gonna hold up? I would be concerned about the lace eyelets made of the overlay material.

I haven't seen the boots in person.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-29-2010, 11:11 PM Reply   
Ive seen/tried them on. They seem like they'll hold up as long as you dont keep them in a garage or somewhere that the weather would get to them. I can see the potential of maybe the rubber drying out eventually and therefore breaking. But the flex on them is insane! they are comfy until i went to lean to the right and left as if i were "pokin" a grab and got some pressure points created by the rubber folding and digging into my ankle. Other than that the laces glided fine and they're pretty nice, light-weight too.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-02-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
That's it? Anyone else?

Considering them for this year on the new Witness I'm getting (been on this shape a couple years and love it) figure Benny's footwear can't be all bad either?
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-03-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
They're sick. Fit great, really comfortable, easy on/off, laces don't slip, tighten down pretty well. My only complaint was I can't get them tight enough around my calf (Mostly because I have skinny calves) but a set of shoe laces solved that problem immediately.

Break in wasn't too bad, a day or two of normal riding and they were perfect. Definitely worth checking out.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-03-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Its crazy to see laces on the Ultra. If it ain't broke...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-20-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Saw some at a boat show and tried them on. very comfy. definitely up there with my favorite open toe boots along with the vantage. I bet the laces on these new ultras will last longer than the velcro of any vantage boot, or any of the other hook and loop strap boots. the lace loops look more sturdy and thick in person than on pictures. BUT, again, i just quickly looked em over and put them on real quick. i was lookin more at the closed toe boots, the ultra was the only open toe boot that grabbed my attention
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-20-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Nacho, i was thinking the same thing. If you are going to reintroduce ultra sucs because of consumer demand then bring back the ultra sucs, not a new binding with the ultra suction name. I think a close toe ultra suc with the original material would be pretty sick. I used to ride ultra suctions back in the day when they were a premier binding and man were those things tight. The complaint of not getting them tight enough around your calf would definitely not be the case if they didn't alter the technology. I guess it is a different name as well just as the ultras instead of the ultra suctions.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-20-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
i just went to the binding guide and the 08 ultras were $199.99. That is a hell of a deal for such a good binding. Now they are $329.99.
Here are the two bindings. Personally I would go with the 08s.
Upload
Upload
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-20-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
Anyone know where you could get ahold of the Ultra's Lyman's rocking this year. From what I can tell (from the Lyman/Murray vid on wakeplace) he's riding Ultra's with black stripes and zig zag's under the see-through overlays.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-20-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
those striped ones are the limited that are supposed to be coming out.

what about just buying the cheaper ultras and painting your own stripes or zig zags or swirlies or whatever for a TRUE limited look ;)

the way the ultras are they make for the ULTRA doodle-binding
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Kyle,

Actually the 2010 Ultras will only run you $110 if you buy the Witness package (package price $449 for board and boots). I've been on this shape for a while and love it, so I was wondering if anyone had feedback on the new bindings cause I'm seriously considering the package deal. I was going to buy the board anyways for $339, so what the hell.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
wow that is one hell of a deal, the witness is a sick board as it is and for $110, i could ride an open toe again lol
Old     (redm1496)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-20-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Anyone have the witness/ultra combo? I was looking into buying it.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-20-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
Ultras are one of my favorite i tried on super flexy and comfortable. I think they should hold up pretty good. Im going to to the shop tomorrow but if i remember right the eyelets are thicker and a bit harder.