Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (ggris)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Can anyone give me advice on how to get my 1980 Ski Supreme to ride level (left to right) when planed? I have tried everyting as far as seating arrangement and ballast but it still leans over when it gets on top of the water.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-23-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
It's inherent in the hull design. The only thing you can do is weight the opposite side. Sometimes a different prop helps. Others have tried adding plates and so on, but it can make the boat dangerous and spin out.
Old     (ggris)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-26-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response! How and what type of prop would help? Thanks again
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
is that typical of all Supremes-even new ones?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-26-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
those boats are narrow in beam and low on freeboard. older supremes mounted the driver's seat up higher in the boat and this leverage will always list to whatever the side the weight is on, regardless of prop. d is right, just equally distribute the weight throughout and this should help but not eliminate entirely. fun boat either way!
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-26-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Gabe, you might try an OJ four blade brass. Try to borrow one if you can. It could change it some. Lots of boats "list." Aside from being obnoxious its really no big deal, just keep your gear and stuff on the opposite side. Paul, no the new ones are good ... wider and better designed.
Old    powerstroke            05-27-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
my 90 rides pretty straight as long as people are evenly distributed. of course it will ride crooked if all the weight is on 1 side!!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
i just bought an 89 centurion and it leans to one side and washes out the wake....my solution to this has been to fill one side sac more than the other....seems to do the trick.