Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (turkish)      Join Date: May 2008       05-24-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Firstly, hi to everyone on the forum. I'be been monitoring the forum now for a few months learning all I could about how to set up ski/wake boat for when we get it and there is a great deal of knowledge here about everything wakesurf related.
Well now we're about 1 month away from upgrading the 70hp outboard for a Malibu and I need some advice on setting it up for surfing.
We are going to buy a boat with a suitable skiing hull due to my wife and daughters demands so unfortunately it rules out the majority of boats out there (was looking at a nice fully decked out centurion cyclone!)that are best suited for surfing and we have narrowed it down to a 2002 Wakesetter LXI (same hull as the response LXI - SV23 Diamond)with wedge, perfect pass and centre ballast.
Has anyone surfed this type of boat before and if so what was the best surfing setup with positioning of ballast & speed.
Just for further info I have an IS Blue Lake all set to ride so I don't have to worry too much about propelling a shorter board along.
Thanks.
Old     (thomasbynum)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-25-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
I have a '05 Moomba Outback. I put a 600 sac in the floor, then stack a 550 & an 800 over that one, partially on the seats. I usually put a 550 in the front walk thru area.

I'd try yours with two sacs on the side you wanna surf on.(You may wanna try 3)
Try it with & without the center filled. The sweet spot should be longer with it filled, but overall height probably won't be as high.
Upload
Old     (turkish)      Join Date: May 2008       05-25-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for replying & your advice. I read your other post and with 3 people and the ballast set-up it looks like a really nice wake. It's good to see that I'll be able to get like yours and keep the family happy!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-25-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Tim, Be sure to wear a life jacket when surfing.
Old     (thomasbynum)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-26-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yep. Always wear a life jacket...Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thanks!