Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Nipps)      Join Date: May 2010       09-05-2011, 12:16 AM Reply   
Gday guys,

Im thinking about buying some new sacs for my v230 at the moment the boat only has the 500lbs standard sac underneither the bow.

Im thinking about adding 2x 750lbs 1 in each rear locker and then getting pro x intergrated bow sac 725lbs , will i have too much weight in the rear and should i just get the 400lbs sacs per rear locker? what are peoples thoughts and or how else have people set them up?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-05-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to surf, get the 750's in the rear. We have them in our V230 but only fill them about 1/2 way when boarding. If you but the integrated bow sack, don't expect to get more then 200lbs in it. The storage area under the bow seats is limited and built in cooler takes up even more room. Best bet would be an additional sack in the walkway.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-05-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Can't 1100's fit in the rear compartments in that boat? If so you will have to fill only part way for wakeboarding but you would have a great start to a surf wake. For the bow I would think a 750 in the walk way would be the way to go. Maybe add a few hundred pounds of lead shot bags as well. then you can move the lead side to side for surfing or leave it unde rthe bow seats when wakeboarding.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-05-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
If you do this ^ you will need to re-prop! You'll have a great wake though!
Old     (Nipps)      Join Date: May 2010       09-05-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info guys, i havent gotten into surfing yet or even tried it so it will just be for boarding really.

Yeah i was thinking of re proping to the acme 911 which everyone seems to be saying is ideal for boats with a fair amount of weight.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-05-2011, 10:18 PM Reply   
Hey Nipps, I have the same boat. I just recently put a 911 on my 230 and all I can say is what a difference. I took it out this weekend and it was way better with all the weight. I have a 750 in each locker, and the 1100's will fit in there too. I have a 300 in the ski locker and am playing with a 400 in the walkway and another 500 on top of the 750's for surfing.
Old     (Nipps)      Join Date: May 2010       09-06-2011, 6:06 AM Reply   
thanks for all the imput, tommy have you got a pic of your wake in action??

also whos running the best deals on the acme 911 as ill need to get one shipped to Aus