Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen this list by the NFL? I don't know who ranked the players but it's a joke.
Granted I'm a Seahawk fan, but where is Steve Largent and Walter Jones? How is Deion Sanders down at #34? Where is Bo Jackson? And as much as I hate John Elway, how is Tom Brady rated higher? They at least got #1 right.

Here is the list:
http://top100.nfl.com/?module=HP_cp2
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
wow. Steve Young and Marcus Allen at 81 and 85, only slightly better than the "great" Michael Irvin. That list is very weird, seems like the fans know better than whomever did the nfl list
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
and Derrick Brooks but no Derrick Thomas.. I'm a Chiefs fan, but that's ridiculous, DT still holds the single game sack record.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, why is Irvin on this list? Maybe because he works for the NFL network?

I think Dave Krieg is still hurting from DT.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
It is an absolute shame Bo got hurt. He would of gone down as the greatest athlete of all time if he had lasted. That dude was the baddest mofo on earth.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-05-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Cris Carter is not on the list but Randy Moss is... Cris Carter always made the craziest catches and matched a lot of Jerry Rice's records when Randy Moss, you just hoped he wasn't being lazy or letting his mood affect his performance
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-05-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
emmitt smith nfl leading rusher 3 super bowls multiple pro bowls . if he could smell the end zone he got in dragging guys who weighed more. made most of his yards up the middle. he wasn't the fastest ,strongest or the most agile[even though he was the only nfl player to win dancing with the stars]. he gave it his all every year and lasted longer than most and had the most carries and rushing td's. your going to put gale sayers and jim brown ahead of him. COME ON MAN! he almost rushed for more yards than both of them and boy was he tough. i don't have any problems with barry sanders ahead of emmitt barry was magic and quit in his prime.i agree deion sanders got ripped he should have been in the top 22. elway and marino should both be in the top 25. they have guys on this list that in their prime couldn't make any team now. it was a joke.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-05-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Here are Deions thoughts on his ranking:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...pot-in-Top-100
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-06-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Don't know about Sayers, but Jim Brown averaged over 100 yards per game! Brown has the highest yards per game average ever. Not to take anything away from Emmitt and he should be rated higher, but I still think Brown has him beat.
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-06-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
when jim brown played the mix was 65/35 run to pass. also he was as big and much faster than most linebackers.he was a powerful and fast running back. i will give him his props . to me barry sanders was the best then most will argue between emmitt and sweetness for 2/3 it could go either way both were excellent blockers and recievers and both had huge hearts. you look at their sizes compared to the defences they played against. the players of their era were much stronger and faster yet they both surpassed jim brown and gayle sayers. we can all say what if. what if bo jackson hadn't got hurt?what if barry sanders hadn't retired?what if marcus allen had played more?what if eric dickerson had played on a different team?i just don't understand how people that judge talent can't see how much better players are today than they were in the sixties.i look at AP and CJ both of these guys are amazing. if they stay healthy they will make a future list.who knows why so many players were slighted on this list?what would be easier is top 100 of the 50's the 60's and so on.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-08-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I agree Barry Sanders was so much fun to watch and imagine if he had a O-line like Emmitt did. The players today are much better than in the past because they start training for the NFL when they are 6 years old, they have film study, they workout non-stop. To make the NFL now you have to be working for it your whole life, in the 50s, guys had part time jobs in the off season.
BTW can someone tell me why Terry Bradshaw is on this list? I know he won some Superbowls but was he that great of a QB?