Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 2:16 AM Reply   
hey lately ive been leaving some pretty bold posts. i dont care what anyone thinks anymore because everyone behind me knows whats going on! wakeboarding has so much potential that has never been tapped and i just know whats next for the entire sport like a revolution. but of course theres going to be more cuz it will never stop growing. mike schwenne thanks for giving me the "lost soldiers thoughts back when we were young" i hope you remember that song ignite - veteran cuz thats your song baby. when we were young and trying to figure out that lost wakeboard feeling we had. kyle you too. haha. anyway theres going to be some sick riding in store for the future. airs as big as snowboarders. double indy temper tantrums huge. oh yeah i'll still quit wakeboarding if my boards dont happen or a big comapny snakes them like most thier styles. cwb you should have listened to me along time ago. sorry. scott bain and steve bates are still thumbs up though. gordie lol.

(Message edited by cdubs on November 02, 2005)

Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 2:34 AM Reply   
oh yeah one day if all keeps going as planned only my products will be used at the worlds first extreme sports park in so cal. im trying to start something really big here.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-02-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
that sounds like the owc and hyperlite. bravo.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
What the hell . . . is there a place where challenged people like corky, I mean cdubs, can post?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
Of course you can always bring your own board.
Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
alot more than a cable park. indoors or some parts(tunnels etc). crazy lighting, 25 ft of level variation with rails ramps, etc uphill and downhill. kinda like owc but just a more fun version to me. music blasting. rails lit up like you are in the video games. haha. anyway this is for someone with alot of cash to build but one day i think so cal needs one. if it was an x park though, youd be able to do any xtreme sport you want all day. Even snowboard in the summer. the whole idea of my cable park is forget stretchy ropes cuz i think those kind of tricks are stupid but have alot longer ropes. more room to ride and with a longer rope it will allow you to rise up 25 ft in the air and hit a big staircase down. this place would be fun too. huge jacuzzi pool hangouts, a club sitting up high in the middle(because alot of cool chicks will hang there because of the style guys) with all the sports going on around.

Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
That would take some BIG BUCKS. Not going to happen in So Cal, thats why I left! to much bull shi% in So Cal, along with the tree huggers ECT. It would be cool, but its not going to happen. Even if you had the money, you have to deal with all the enviormental groups ECT, and they would never let it happen.
Old    wsrmatt            11-02-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
keeep in mind where chris goes surfing compared to where we go surfing. his investor has a private wavepool in his backyard. its the world first(to be built at a house) mechanical reef wave pool. they sit around and surf all day and talk about these ideas. huge waves too with music lound as f, bentleys sittin on the sand and 40 ft waterfalls into the waves.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Cdubs, how is this differant from the other thread you posted that' runs on and on and on.............. Sounds like you have some rich friends. Make it happen. Just don't post another thread with the same topic (EVERYONE READ THIS). And if you are going to post again attach some drawings of your park/boards/whatever so we can see what you're looking at.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-02-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
Corky ha! That is funny.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-02-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
A little history about Chris Williams:
Chris is one of the top ten riders in California, and I think most of you would agree with me. I am one of the fortunate people on WW to see him ride on a regular basis and he rides with a style of his own and he goes huge, I mean huge. His love and vision for the sport of wakeboarding is the same the day he first got up. He has as much stoke for a beginner doing a 180 or someone doing a whirly for the first time.
Some of you may think this post is whack or stupid, but all he wants do is share his ideas and vision with the rest of us. I'm sure people thought the Wright bros were crazy when they had their vision of flying. I have heard some of his ideas and if he can pull it off then Socal will give Florida a run for their money as the mecca of wakeboarding. So cut him some slack and let's hear him out.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
whazzup, not dis respecting his WB ability, or his ideas, but the rambling in 3 threads (and counting.....) is getting old. If he's got the ideas and doesn't want to share something tangible then he should keep it in his circle until he is. More of this, and I won't want to see anything he's proposing. My $.02.
Old    justsomeguy            11-02-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Is he a level 10 gymnast in addition to being brilliant?

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-02-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
thats terrific. what bothers me is he said he would quit wakeboarding if his boards don't "happen" or some big company doesn't snake their style or whatever. yea, he loves it. right

just b/c someone can ride doesn't mean they know a damn thing about "whats next"

and if they know whats next, him and his investor friend with the hot tub should patent it and stop creating these retarded threads.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
"level 10 gymnast" -- LMAO.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
Here's another way of looking at it . . .

Ever wonder why there are so few cable parks and when you do find one it is in the ugliest part of town? Because they don't make money! Not enough for your xbox delusions.

Get real, corky. I think the money would be better spent sending people like you to school so that you can learn how to put a sentence together. Then you might progress to stringing together a coherent thought which can be communicated to others. Then you will progress to presenting your idea to investors. And finally, you will be reduced to realizing that if you have any chance of getting it done, it will be on the investors terms. So you can probably forget about controlling the product brands at your cablepark.

My suggestion, try making $20,000,000on tour first then chuck it into your park. Only way it'll happen which means never, which will be too soon.

Life goes on Corky.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-02-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Despite his ramblings I wish him the best. It takes a true visionary to think big and charge it 100%. I hope it does work out because it will be off the chain and bring a lot of people to the sport. Chris, good luck & God speed. As for the CWB comment, I heard your Dad made a lot of crazy demands that don't really fly for a new rider. Anyhow I think they are gettin along just fine without you.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-02-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
i have visions of dubs hangin wit lee at his mansion hittin the binger serfing the wave pool cruizin in the bents listening to kid rock and pimpin the hoes till the sun rises posting from a lap top pool side in a bath robe getting a back rub from a groupe
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
First I would like to thank WW for dissecting his past threads because I was with Towelie on most of this. And I am with nacho as there is a distinct difference between a great rider and a great innovator. Maybe he will walk the lines of a Horrel type rider maybe not. But all I have read thus far is nothing more than pipedreams. Big Investors or not until we something that is supposedly going to blow are minds I say smoke it if you got it. How does that saying go "Big Hat no cattle" or is it "Big Talk no Walk".
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-02-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
Okay so he can ride. But what are his qualifications as a member of the industry? Is he going to have some boards made? Or open a shop what gives? Is there something a 22 year old guy knows about that Bob Archer doesn't? By the By I put much more stock in Nor-Cal being the new wake capital strictly because we have more water. Just my thoughts though.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
Anyone explain why there are two Chris Williams in WW that seem to know all the same folks?

I still think Cdubs is retarded but so was Forrest Gump and he did alright with a fruit company called Apple.

Sounds to me like there could be a chance for his cable park if he's got investors, but call me when they get tired of burning money and I'll buy the whole place for pennies on the dollar and build a farm for bunnies with pancakes on their head.

Check out Cdubs at http://ruthlessreviews.com/tv/lifegoeson.html
Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
the cable park is last on the list. guys im done on wakeworld for now until you see something. Im sorry i stirred up some controversy once again. I did it for a purpose. Alot of emails if you get my point. Im just stoked and pumped for all my friends. oh yeah and i have no idea who the other chris williams is on here. probably a good person though. -dubs

Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-02-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
I don't think it matters what business qualifications he has but being one of the best/underrated riders in the world can't hurt. New ideas keep things interesting. Change within the industry and thinking outside the box only help in progressing the sport they don't hurt it. Even if his idea fails in the end something good will come from it. Good luck Chris and i am looking forward to more information on this as things progress.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
I just dont want to hear his crap. He is a great rider but come one so far he has told us that he has an amazing board design, that he thought up epic's boat 3 years before they came out with it and he is going to build this water complex/park/club thing. I wish you the best Chris but show us some results.

Before you find people who are going to throw the kind of cash at you that you need you better learn how to communicate in sentences.
Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Big Heavy yeah my dad did make alot of demands for me back then. My dad and I both aggreed that i was worth more than half a grand a month especially if your turning a rider pro? I was barely able to make it to two contests a month, living an hour away from the lake was understood my whole life. Leaving cwb was the best thing i ever did on a wakeboard! Thats all personal though and i agree they have very good riding boards. I used to love robby stru's board. Now that was my last post. Sorry
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
i'm surprised noone has posted this video yet. this guys riding is sic. I dont know about yall, but I have become very curious as to what he is actually going to do. who knows, maybe it will change the industry. And I agree with him about the deal with CWB. Neotiating contracts can be a B-word and 500 a month just wont cut it nowadays's, even for a teenager, which is probably why they weren't offering him anything to begin with. now for that video.

/http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/ditl1.asp
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
I love this post. It has made my boring day.

Hey McGuirt - no luck with the page you posted.

Cdub
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-02-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
Ok, I've now wasted about 10 mins of my life reading this guys post and I am still clueless as to what the f&&k he's talking about, and now feel very stupid for having done so.

Does anyone get this guy? Or who the h3ll he's talking to?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-02-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
Chase you have no idea who or what your talking about. You just found something to rip on to make your day less boring. Grow up.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
crap. yeah dude. its totally fun seeing this guy get ragged on, but oh well.

i tried to post the article on him, this link is to the video. oh i see. there is an extra slash in front of the website. shoot. hopefully it will work. First link is the article. second is the video.

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/ditl1.asp

http://www.wakeworld.com/galleries/getimage.asp?galleryid=106&imageid=1
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-02-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure I have seen this guy ride at Piru. and if it is him, he rips. no doubt about it, he rips. however, enough of the name dropping. who cares if he hangs out with tommy lee. you think tommy lee is going to invest millions into this guy, so he can build on his dream? doubtful. Honestly, I think it would be great if all of his dreams do come true. I believe so cal could use more places to ride, and it would be great to have all that stuff here. but seriously, if you really plan on bringing this stuff to investors, lay of the weed and booze for a while, and make yourself sound a little more presentable.
Old    wsrmatt            11-02-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
hey guys chris told me hes done on this site as i just read and for me to clean up so thats what im going to do. tommy lee is his friend and not an investor. hes not smart like that haha. big name to market freeridng with though i think but thats not true. and he said cable parks have nothing to do with anything he is working on. just a better place to ride evenatually.

(Message edited by wsrmatt on November 02, 2005)
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
Shawn

You are right I don't know who I am talking about. I have never heard of this fella so I'm wondering what kind of marketing/PR attraction a no name is.

You could argue he is doing a good job getting his name out there by posting retarded messages that mean nothing to those who don't know him, but I would say he would have an easier time getting a gig promoting the DVD series of Life Goes On.

On the point of not knowing what I'm talking about, that is true only because the author of this post has even less of an ability to communicate his ideas.

On the point of grow up. Already have and have outgrown the delusions that seem to have infected your entire crew. Beware of who you hang with (see below)

http://www.emandan.freeserve.co.uk/contagious.htm
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Tommy Lee? Wasn't there a post of him b!tching about how Tommy sunk his boat and left him with like 2 G's. I'm lost and now not sure why I am bothering.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-02-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
"Already have and have outgrown the delusions that seem to have infected your entire crew."

Once again you point out that you have no idea of whom you speak. I am not a part of Chris' crew, but, I have meet him on numerous occasions. He is a decent, and approachable guy who can ride like no other.

To make a long story short, don't judge a book by its cover.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
So then do we judge a book by the text cuz I need a translator to decifer what the hell he is trying to say.
Old    wsrmatt            11-02-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
heres some cool footage i found of chris in mexico. hes only in part of it. haha wheres waldo? http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5135428&bl ogID=35784058&Mytoken=12DA2EE4-DC9D-C74F-320EEFE0AEBBA38A7050315
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
The cable park has been talked about around So. Cal. for awhile. Those who have seriously spent time looking into it found that either the city won't work with them or So. Cal. is wayyyy too expensive and sue happy. Land costs and water costs would put it out in B.F.E. and there is not much of B.F.E. left here anymore.
Old    tomvanwake            11-02-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
cwb = "chris williams boards" haha jk
Old    wsrmatt            11-02-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
hey everyone i just want it to be clear my relationship with chris. i have grown up with him ever since he was about 14/15. middle school where he came from a private christian school and then his parents let him transfer to public school. i had seen him before in the AYSO days and always known as the best player in the leugue. Then he did all the junior olympic soccer stuff and soccer was a big part of his life until senior year highschool. the snow was bada$$ so he left to go snowboarding to miss his final game senior year in high school. he got kicked off the team(in the newspapers first) and was done and he loved it because he could wakeboard and snowboard. oh yeah he was the star player(his other forward is now pro) and it was the marmonte league championship game. anyway hes good at sports. we would party together all the time. he would recruit girls and we would have the best times ever! He knows what a true friend is more than anyone i know and ive learned alot from him. he is very talented/genious and should in my opinion quit wakeboarding and go full time snowboarding with jason callen. i have seen them snowboard and its crazy. jason would just bomb everyhill and huck anything. 900's his 8th day on a snowboard i believe. over the big tables at mthigh. chris is the same. he has not told me all of his plans and ideas but he is crazy and i feel he is the only person that can pull this off. i roll in chris's crew always. and for the record i bet chris has done drugs before but so have just about all of you. he is the most sober he has ever been in his life for the past 2 years. when i say that, he doesnt use substances so everyone quit saying that stuff. it actually hurts my feelings cuz friends feel for each other.
Old    justsomeguy            11-02-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Matt, that was so, so sweet.

Was Chris rubbing your arm as you typed or was he just kind of snuggling against your shoulder?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-02-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Matt, sorry man. I meant no disrespect with my weed and booze comment. (well maybe a little) but when your boys posts come through at 2 and 3 am, and are written the way they are, well, I tend to think of being hammered. but maybe it is just me that tends to ramble when I am hammered.
but if it makes you feel any better, he does rip.
Old    tomvanwake            11-02-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
no but i snuggle with him. haha. jk. i get to live with him. haters
Old    cronic_wkb            11-02-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone is saying he is a bad rider or that he doesn't rip. However, telling us that he bailed on his team just to snowboard doesn't do anything to convince me he's a decent guy. Nor does him "recruiting girls" for a good time.

Just FYI, you're not helping his case out. And it's great he's sober (well more sober than the past 2 years...Da**, I'd hate to read his posts 2 yrs ago!!!). I don't think anyone meant any harm by what they were saying, it's just easier to blame someone's incompetence on drinking or substances rather than assuming they just cannot effectively communicate...but I guess his "private christian school" and then his "public school" dropped the ball on his education. It's really a shame.

And it's good that you think he's a "genious", it's nice having a friend to encourage you. However, it's hard for me to think he's a genius when he posts comments like those above.

(Message edited by cronic_wkb on November 02, 2005)
Old    wsrmatt            11-02-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
im sorry but this is how i can relate to chris. maybe others out there have thier own stories of times with him.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-02-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Wow, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think 70% of the people that responded to his posts are ignorant as hell! The kid is living like a rock star, big deal, I like to live like a rockstar sometimes. Yea I agree that the posts were somewhat incomprehensible at first but I got the picture. The kid is not afraid to take risks and hes goen for it in life, more than 99% of the population of the world can say..."hey I went for my all out utopian dream" I salute Chris in doing so and I hope to ride one of his boards in the future. I think boards are sick now but if hes got some rediculous ideas, I wanna see it and ride it! BTW chris if you need a non pro to test for ya, send some boards to NY! haha
Anywho, I am not sure if anyone read his story "day in the life" by Arun, but the kid is attending college, teaches wakeboarding, rips and is approachable on the water for tips. Rippen snowboarder and wakeboarder... awesome. Cronic, just the fact that he would bail on something he was good and passionate about to attack a higher passion is indicative of his passion and desire to make in this sport, and I commend him for that. I was no olympic development D-1 soccer player, but I dropped soccer for wakeboarding, was it worth it? Hell yea the fun I had over soccer was amazing...
Anyways, flame me if you want, but don't chase the guy away for trying to be different and maybe being a bit overzealous and not using spell check...
(just your view from the next college kid)

Peace
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-02-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
But are you a level 10 gymnast?
Old    tomvanwake            11-02-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
ANYONE EVER SEEN A DOUBLE NUCLEAR TANTRUM(TEMPER TANTRUM)HAHA cuz i have. whats a level ten gymnast consider florida?

(Message edited by tomvanwake on November 02, 2005)
Old    nething2blind            11-02-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
I HAVE SEEN THAT ALSO!!!! its on shawn murrays pro wakeboarderfor x-box I can do all kinds of thats the only place you will see anyone land one.
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
yo chris :-)
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2005, 12:41 AM Reply   
THIS POST GAVE ME A HEADACHE(BUT FOR SOME)REASON i couldn't stop reading. i have made it to the end of the post and will now do something else.

(Message edited by ak4life on November 05, 2005)

Old    cdubs            11-05-2005, 2:12 AM Reply   
dont do it cuz im with you and on your team. have faith in me. please this is important to my life and urs so better fnin LISTEN. Please anybody who,has faith in god, thinks im crazy fast, i have two alieases, maybe three i dunno
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 2:13 AM Reply   
well tonight is the best night of my life
Old    wsrmatt            11-05-2005, 2:14 AM Reply   
straight up crazy for REAL's skateboards
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Chris: The comments haven't always been kind but you can still get something positive from them. The predominant complaint is it is difficult to understand what you are saying. This is something I can attest to: no matter how great the idea or vision it must be communicated effectively. I have seen great business ideas go nowhere until someone picks it up and communictaes it to their target audience in a manner that makes people want to respond or act.

If you are the driver behind this idea and you believe in it as much as you say you do then it should be reflected in your postings. At this point YOU are the project and I am sure you want it to look good. If it really is your passion it should be consuming you and you want nothing but the best for it. Therefore, think very carefully before you write or say anything about this. Take your time, think about what you want to say and then review what you wrote to make sure it says what you want. Use proper spelling and grammar. Capitalize on this audience which seems to be California core riders, and get them to promote it with you. If you can't sell these guys on a wakeboarding idea it will be tough to sell investors.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
"To make a long story short, don't judge a book by its cover"

Unfortunatly in our society we do, and that's why chris is being bashed. Most of us will not give Chris the time of day untill he learns how to post logical topics that don't ramble on, with no legible issue. Sorry, most of still think this way. To bad for Chris, he might be an awesome guy, but needs to start communicating better to be taken seriously. When he does improve his skills, he won't be taken as the next level 10 gymnast around here.

Remember, the vanilla suburb ghetto speak works great on the under 18 crowd, but the crowd that keeps this sport around and the companies floating are the 25+ money makers. If his ideas are gonna suceed in this market, he needs to get into the correct market. 23 to 45 crowd are the ones with the capital to make something happen, and who spends 85 percent of the money in this market.
Old    cdubs            11-05-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
earth fire and water baby equals one thats it
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
rog/rob hey man i only read half the beginning of your post and you know whats up
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
we dopnmt need no investors. just faith. FAITH
Old    cdubs            11-05-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
11 JEFF. ITS YOUR LUCKY NUMBER DOG..........
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
13 IS MY BROS NUMB
Old    tomvanwake            11-05-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
BROTHA ALI BABY. WUT UP POC(PIECES OF CHRIS)
Old    wsrmatt            11-05-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
JUST ANOTHER IDEA
Old    cdubs            11-05-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
BLAZE BATTLE 2000 IS WHAT IVE FIGURED OUT IN MY LIFE.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Chris as a rider I hope all your dreams come true. Yes you need investors to back you. But it bugs me when people bring investors in to our sport to rob us blind. Have pros paid money and they use them to push their product to make money and then just leave then high and dry. Example is Munity and Stinger big investors came in built the stocks up and the sold everything and it came to a huge crash. Personaly I will have no part in this product no matter how well it rides.