Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2015, 6:14 PM Reply   
my boat just got delivered yesterday, so my buddy and I put it in the water today for test run. Runs awesome! Sounds good! We head out to the middle and start fillin sacs. Getn ready to ride, starts up perfect, enters gear no problem, but can't push the throttle down any further and won't go?? So I put it to neutral and rev it, fine, then put back in gear and won't go? Still running great, just won't actually go. I've had this happen before and it was an overheat issue but temp was good. My buddy adjusted something near the pp and got it to go again, but not sure it solved the issue. Anybody had something like this happen? I don't think its fixed necessarily..

Also, a couple other little things. I knew it had some minor issues, but figured I could buy and rely on you guys to help ...

1) bringing on water, where are some obvious places to begin checking?
2) one of the ballast gauges does not work, is that a gauge issue? Or possibly something (a float or something) inside the ballast tank?
3) Im sure I'll have more questions as I get into the boat a little more, but that's all for now..

07 Epic 23V
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-03-2015, 8:13 PM Reply   
Stirring the pot, im generally wrong and I don't have an epic but heres some stuff to start with......

When you hit the throttle while in gear, anything happen at all? Any beeps, rpms surge, absolutely nothing? you say it wont go...the throttle physically will not move or the boat wont go?

1) how much water? when? what were you doing? A little is normal. A lot...is not. Shaft seals generally only "seal" completely when spinning, otherwise they will leak a bit, but not much. obvious places to look...places where there are holes..... start by checking where hoses connect, maybe your ballast system has a leak. This shouldnt be too tough to figure out if you are systematic about it.

2) I think you can get to the sensor pretty easy in the hard tank, is it a float? I don't know first hand, but i'd assume you could get to it. take both sides out, plug the one from the working side into the non working side, fiddle with it and see if the gauge is alive. If still no, switch back, check wiring behind gauge...if thats good, check continuity of wires if you can, maybe a short somewhere?

3)bring them on, someone has answers.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2015, 7:44 AM Reply   
the throttle will shift into gear but will not move past a certain point and not apply any gas. It ran perfectly fine from the dock and then again later after we made a small adjustment at perfect pass. No beeping or rpm surges. On my supra I had this issue and it was something that got sucked up into the transcooler, but that was also noticeable because of the temp spike. Temp was good here tho. But it was a similar 'override' symptom. Everything was working fine. Just wouldn't accelerate.

Never dealt with hard tanks before...I assumed they were completely enclosed, but maybe they are more accessible.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-04-2015, 7:56 AM Reply   
Had a similar issue with the perfect pass on my tige, but it was an older system and there was some odd surging. I wont be much help!

You should be able to pull the sensors from the hard tank, take a look and report back.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-04-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
Did you check all your fluids?