Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
I'm trying to sell my '08 Sanger V237 and I'm thinking that Craigslist is not the best method to market my boat. Any suggestions on better sites that would give my boat better exposure?

Thanks!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Idaho Hillbilly I wish I could buy it from you but since I can't, we sold our Malibu on www.boattrader.com. I saw the pictures of it on the WW classifieds and it is a beautiful surf boat! Are you buying another one?
Sue
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-12-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
www.onlyinboards.com

Don't waste your time or money with anything else.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-12-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
+1 for OnlyInboards
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
I love www.onlyinboards.com

But in all honesty, I've sold my last 3 boats off of Craigslist. I normally put it on as many statewide pages as possible, and some within a 3 state area. It becomes tiresome, but it has worked every time for me. It should be noted to that 1 buyer was out of state, 1 buyer was from New Zealand, and the 3rd was from about 3 hrs from me, in state. So don't think that people from other areas aren't searching in your neck of the woods. Don't give up!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-12-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
+2 Onlyinboards. Sold my boat in 2 weeks.

Also use the Wakeworld classifieds.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-12-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
+3 on Onlyinboards. Sold mine in 5 days.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
List it everywhere. What is $100 or so when selling a 35-40k boat? I would put it on craigslist(don't list your phone number. Just tell interested people to email you with a phone number and you will contact them. Also, relist it every 48 hours so it goes to the top of the list), onlyinboards, boattrader, wakeworld, etc... Is there a sanger owner's forum? List it there maybe.

Really though the best way to sell you boat is to list it cheaper. If it is cheap enough someone will pick it up quick. Obviously you don't want to give it away but keep dropping the price a grand a week till you hit the spot where people are really getting interested. We are about a month and a half away from when the market is going to start dropping because we are on the second half of the summer heading into fall.

Last edited by polarbill; 06-12-2012 at 2:07 PM.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Idaho Hillbilly I wish I could buy it from you but since I can't, we sold our Malibu on www.boattrader.com. I saw the pictures of it on the WW classifieds and it is a beautiful surf boat! Are you buying another one?
Sue
Hey Sue! Actually we are downgrading. We have such a short season in N. Idaho, it tough to justify a boat like the V237. We LOVE the boat, but it just a lot of money sitting in the shop for 9.5 months. I was able to get a great deal on Sanger V230 last weekend, so when I sell the V237, I will be boat payment free! Thanks for the heads up on Boattrader.com.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       06-12-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Im using onlyinboards and not having luck, not even on inquiry. Its marked to sell too. It seems like its only dealer boats on there.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-12-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
hit me up at ian at onlyinboards dot com with your username and i'll put your ad back at the to and see if it helps.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-12-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Onlyinboards.com is the way to go for sure. Get a paid ad so it keeps you at the top with more pics.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-12-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
ski-it-again.com is a great site and its FREE
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
QUOTE]Actually we are downgrading. We have such a short season in N. Idaho, it tough to justify a boat like the V237. We LOVE the boat, but it just a lot of money sitting in the shop for 9.5 months. I was able to get a great deal on Sanger V230 last weekend, so when I sell the V237, I will be boat payment free! Thanks for the heads up on Boattrader.com.[/QUOTE]

Idaho Hilbilly
I feel so much better! I didn't think you could live in North Idaho with out a boat. Too much pretty water to ride. I don't think you are downgrading the surf wake much. You should be able to get a sweet wave out of the V230. We added a trim tab to our V210 and we are getting a nice clean wave all the time now.
We are heading your direction in July with our boat and boards. Let us know if you want to get together for some wakesurfing. Hopefully the weather will be warmer than last year. Good luck selling the V237. Sure wish I could buy her but I guess I can't have summers off and the nicest Sanger on the lake too.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-12-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
I never had any luck with boattrader/autotrader. I got a few emails from onlyinboards but ended up selling from my ad on craigslist. For craigslist, I always put a lot of nice big pictures. If people are emailing you asking for more pictures you didn't put enough (or high quality enough) in your ad.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2012, 11:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Idaho Hilbilly
I feel so much better! I didn't think you could live in North Idaho with out a boat. Too much pretty water to ride. I don't think you are downgrading the surf wake much. You should be able to get a sweet wave out of the V230. We added a trim tab to our V210 and we are getting a nice clean wave all the time now.
We are heading your direction in July with our boat and boards. Let us know if you want to get together for some wakesurfing. Hopefully the weather will be warmer than last year. Good luck selling the V237. Sure wish I could buy her but I guess I can't have summers off and the nicest Sanger on the lake too.
Cool! Let me know when you guys are in our area. It will be tough to see the V237 go, but I think with some "adjustments", we can make the V230 work.
Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-12-2012, 11:36 PM Reply   
You can try KSL classifieds www.ksl.com that's where we bought our boat.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-13-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
www.onlyinboards.com

sold two of my boats
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-13-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
She is listed on onlyinboards.com. Thanks for your input!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-14-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho_hillbilly View Post
Cool! Let me know when you guys are in our area. It will be tough to see the V237 go, but I think with some "adjustments", we can make the V230 work.
Great I will send you a PM when the date gets a little closer. Should be around the 2nd week of July. Good luck with the sale!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-14-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
I gained a lot of traction on my boat on eBay - although the global coverage included a lot of complex interested parties from international regions. Ultimately sold it to a friend.....figures.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-14-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
For what it's worth I just bought mine off of Craigslist. That was my primary resource for finding what I wanted. I used a search engine that would check all craiglist ads across the country.