Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-28-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying some new Tower Speakers. Im pretty set on the Defcon III From Skylon. What do you guys think of the Defcon IIII & V? The 4 & 5 Have the new Horn Technology but I want good quality sound not just loud speakers that are annoying. Can anyone tell me is the extra 300-400 bucks worth it to hear the Music while you are riding? I mean I would assume the music would be to loud for the people in the boat? Anyway, would like your feedback.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-29-2005, 12:30 AM Reply   
Daniel,

I just returned from the boat show tonight. You should definately check out the speakers from NVS <www.nvs1.net>, very impressive.

NVS stack
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-29-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
daniel,

i am also looking to add tower speakers..though new to boat audio (i have done a lot of car audio systems)

go with a horn based system- though they cost a little more- you will be able to hear them....i would predict within the next 2 years- all tower speakers (mid to high end) will all be horn based.

i am pretty familiar with image dynamic speakers(both subs and seperates) and they state of the art (they make design and produce their own drivers- the id camealon seperates replaced my dynaudio gt240 seperates- they are that good)

it is nice to see a fresh ground up design specifically for wakeboarding...though they may seem pricey, but it is a pretty good deal if you were to make something custom.

though i havent heard nvs yet -waiting for big ed to put them on his x-2(before summer would be nice---just kidding big ed !!!) a lot of boat owners really like them. and i havent heard anything bad about them).

wether one is better than the other, i dont know. however you wont go wrong with either one...

good luck !!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-29-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Ditto. I have been researching for my new audio system for about 1 year, and just got my new boat 2 days ago. I have decided on the Defcon 4 Reference, for the reasons Clubmyke mentioned. Yes, you do need to get tunes to the rider, and the horn-based systems are the best way. I am looking for "quality" sound, not just "loud". Both the Defcons, and the NVS, are absolutely the best out there, IMO. I happened to go with the Defcon 4's. Their Reference series, with the ID speakers are pretty new, so there is not a lot of review on them yet, but those that have heard them will tell you there is no other way to go. EVERYONE who has been within a couple miles of the NVS systems will tell you there is no other way to go. Both are great, and Duane at NVS, and Mike at Skylon are great to work with. Great choice either way. For me, it mainly came down to size and mounting.

Best of luck.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-29-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
buzz,

when are you going to get those bad boyz on your new vlx ? i am stuck between the iv & v..

will come buy and intro/ hi when i see you at san v.

congrats again !!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-29-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
These speakers are pretty big they hang down a bit, so I am not sure they would fit with my Bimini. That is one of the reasons I was looking at the Defcon III