Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-24-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
I know there has been a thread on this previously. I wanted any recent feedback on the performance of these now they have been around for awhile. Im considering buying a pair of the 6.5 Kickers. I would probably start with a pair then add a second pair later. They seem like a good deal, on ebay for 260+/-.
Old    bigdeal            01-24-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Gerret, I think those speakers are decent from what I've read out here. However, if you're interested in a better speaker setup, I've got two pair of almost new Kicker KB600 speakers like MonsterTower sells on their site that I'd like to sell. They're an outdoor oriented speaker configuration, so they project sound better than the car audio Kickers will. If you take both pairs I have, I'll make you a super deal on them. Let me know. Oh, the reason I want to sell them is that I've decided to build a fiberglas speaker box for my tower.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-25-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
I've had a pair of the liquid audio speakers and they sound pretty decent with the Kicker K60's in them. I would'nt buy them with the Dx60's though. Mike is right, the kb600's are a better deal. The clarity is about the same but you'll get better bass response with the kb600's and they're louder.

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-25-2005, 6:26 AM Reply   
I have the infinity's. They are decent. Better than the bose 151 I use to have.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-25-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
You can pick up the kb 600's for around $100 per pair new online. Then you just have to put clamps on them and youre good.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-25-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have a pair of Liquid Audio Speaker cans. I just bought the cans and put my own speakers in them. IMO for the price you can't go wrong. I have been pleased with mine and beleive it or not I can hear mine when I'm riding. By now means does it blow your fro back but you can hear it. I have been looking to upgrade to some 6 x 9's but have been having trouble finding a 1 piece box that will hold just 2 of them. Seriously you can't be dissappointed in them for the price.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-25-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
Mike-I appreciate your offer but I like the looks of the 6.5's better.
Thanks
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2005, 11:13 PM Reply   
Garrett, as long as you dont get the plastic housings your ok. I had one fall off my tower last year. Bolt broke the housing due to clamp.
Old    bigdeal            01-25-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   
Garrett... No sweat, I think I already have them sold to a guy here locally. But a question for you to ponder though. Are you buying speakers to look at or listen to? Might wanna think about that a little more before plunking down some $$$.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2005, 5:37 AM Reply   
I think most people would think that it's both, Mike. No question, they've gotta sound great. But, they've gotta look the part too, which would explain all the flaming fibreglass boxes out there these days.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2005, 6:22 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of mine with the Liquid Audio cans. For the price they look and sound decent.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
Lance, what Centurion is that and how do you like it? A dealer was talking to me about a leftover 04 Avalanche they had. I was thinking about upgrading from my Moomba D-Drive to the Avalanche or Cyclone.

Jeff
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Oh Man where do I start. It is a 2002 Hurricane and I love it. It has been a good boat. I had a couple problems with the dealer I bought it from and Centurion has stepped up to the plate on all of them. If I were you the Cyclone is a great boat but IMO lacks interior room. I would go for the Avalanche. I was going to sell my boat and get a 2005 Avalanche but right now mine runs and looks brand new so I think wait till next year. What kind of price are getting and what options?
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
I try not to get on a soapbox, but we have much better speakers than those
for approx the same price ($399 pair)

Our clamps are made from mirror polished CNC Machined 6061 Billet, not pot metal.
Our Cans are made from Aircraft Aluminum & polished to a mirror finish, not made from PVC Irrigation Pipe. Our Speakers with our new Stealth Clamps are also virtually theftproof. You can also upgrade to quick release. Here’s the URL of one loaded with Audiobahn Speakers, but you can also get them for the same price loaded with MB Quart, or Infinity Kappas. http://www.wakeproducts.com/speakers/flame.html

Chris
www.WakeProducts.com

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
I will admit those look much better than the Liquid Audio.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-26-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
I've heard several companies coming to market with new affordable towers speakers for 05 and you can throw our name in that mix as well. Below is our single bullet speakers (target price $350/pair) and will also have a double version (4 drivers/pair) with quick release at under $700.

Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Lance,

It was a fully loaded 04 Avalanche with Triple Ballast, Tower, Kicker Amp & Sub, Hot Water Shower & Heater, PP, dual batttery, etc......It also came with a 1 year boat slip at the local lake. I talked to them at the show and have to meet at the dealership to see pricing. It was supposed to be around 38k or so. Man, I was SO ready to go pick it up.....

We may wait another season or so. Money is kinda tight right now because my wife is in school FT right now......We have our 01 Moomba Outback to use until then. It should be fine for us as we are both beginners. We REALLY want a V-drive after going to the shows!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-26-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
Yes, I was disapointed with the pot metal clamps. They are a little large.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-26-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Jeff-That seems like a pretty sweet deal on that Avalanche, with those options. I basically have the same boat as Lance, one year newer and I love mine.

Chris M and MT-Thanks for the feedback. I must say I definately like the polished aluminum better. Im really feeling those bullets MT. What are they made of and when will they be available.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-26-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
Gerrett,

They are all 6063-Aluminum and the cans are work hardened & treated, the brackets are only heat treated.

April 1 is really safe for full product line delivery but we will have the powder coated black singles late-March, the doubles in black about the same time, and the polished & anodized of each to follow early April.

I have to tip my hat to everyone that has ever done a tower speaker project, and especially all the other companies that make tower speakers so well. It's a ton of fun but an amazing amount of work to pull all the little stuff together. Now I fully understand why it has taken so long for us to bring bling speakers to market.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-27-2005, 6:27 AM Reply   
Jeff, that boat is loaded. If it is in the 38K range that is a steal.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-27-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
I know. :-(

Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       02-02-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
I've got 4 Liquid Audio (Kicker K60's) on my '03 Mastercraft X-2. I also put on the lightbar they make. I'm very happy with what I received and the customer service/support. I had one speaker that was giving me some trouble and the Liquid Audio guys went "above and beyond" what I expected.

Note: I'd for sure do 4 instead of 2 and you'll need a separate amp of course.

Best of luck.