Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-19-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Another surf system joining the fray...

Moomba Boats introduces Flow Surf, a new wake surf enhancement device that transforms wakeboarding wakes to fun versatilely shaped surf waves without adjusting ballast thanks to straight forward operation and effective reliable design. Moomba’s Flow Surf harnesses the flow of water at surf speeds with the surf-optimized running surfaces of the Moomba Mojo 2.5 and new Mondo. With three stages of engagement, the Flow produces versatile wave shapes for a range of surfing skill levels and preferences. If you’re looking to crank out fun versatile surf waves without ballast adjustment through “No Worries" operation, go with the Flow at a Moomba Boats dealer near you.
Attached Images

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-19-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
I love the simplicity of this surf tab. I'm definitely going to fabricate something similar to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-19-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Here's the intro vid

http://vimeo.com/m/82309926
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-19-2013, 7:29 PM Reply   
Cool idea.
Attached Images

Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-19-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
Interesting.... Can't switch on the fly but that's cool..
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-19-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
might not be the most high tech, but i like it. simple, nothing to fail electrically or computer wise, nothing that's going to need to be replaced ever and just works. Sure we've all seen bigger or longer waves-but that looks like a wave i could have fun farting around on after wakeboarding and not have to sell my body and soul to pay for the option. Bass10after likes this on facebook
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-20-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
I agree. Cool!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-20-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
Some company just needs to make something like that for different boat make/models. That would be awesome. Especially we only surf like 20% of the time.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-20-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
This is pretty awesome. Simple. Retrofitable. Most importantly it looks like it works. My guess is much more affordable than the other systems on the market.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-20-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
PREDICITON: Now that pretty much all the manufacturers have surf systems now the Environmental****s are going to outlaw them because the giant wakes erode the shorelines.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-20-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
pretty cool, a less expensive way of having an equally weighted boat...good for them!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-20-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
I'm kind of surprised that Skier's choice is putting out two different surf enhancement systems--one for the Moomba and one for the Supra. I would have honestly expected to see the SWELL system simply be put on the Moomba.

Not that I mind, as the idea of a manual tab is something I've been considering building myself. This is a different take on it, as I was pretty much going to copy the NSS but make it manually actuated.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-20-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Great idea very simple and much more cost effective for the Moomba line. No doubt this will be a hit for this line ! While I would say it is a different system I would say it has the same theory behind it in how it displaces water . Two systems has been done before .... Malibu wedge and Axis still has the manual wedge same thoughts I'm sure keep cost down while producing a great wake . Plus those Supra guys don't want to get out of there heated seat to move a surf plate ugh ! I Think this really makes the Moomba line a bit more appealing to some .
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-20-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
I cant wait to see someone forget to leave this thing down and take off faster that surf speeds. The results will be will be awesome.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-20-2013, 2:51 PM Reply   
Are you kidding me? It's that simple? That's pretty cool that something that simple can have an affect on the wave like that. One downside is that you have to manually adjust but hey, part of the game I guess.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-20-2013, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
I cant wait to see someone forget to leave this thing down and take off faster that surf speeds. The results will be will be awesome.
You have a good point. I would think it'd result in a boat that would turn and you'd figure it out really quick.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-20-2013, 3:50 PM Reply   
Does the handle double as a trailer tie-down?

Do you have to buy a new boat to get one? I hope they make them available for retail sales.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-20-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
Is the boat going to pull the way the device is deployed? Holding the steering wheel one direction could get a annoying.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-20-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
No it will result in some cracked fiberglass and hull damage
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-20-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Was replying to trayson
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-20-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
The device will shoot a big rooster tail if you go over surf speeds so you will know very quickly if you left it down or not.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-20-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
No it will result in some cracked fiberglass and hull damage
My thoughts exactly. Lol. Which is why I posed the question. I wonder if Moomba will warrenty it.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-21-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is the boat going to pull the way the device is deployed? Holding the steering wheel one direction could get a annoying.
Most surf systems cause this.

Also, it's retrofitable
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-21-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
Most surf systems cause this.

Also, it's retrofitable
I didnt notice it on my 2014 axis. It was a selling point for the surf gate. If it pulls, it is very lightly.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-21-2013, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
I didnt notice it on my 2014 axis. It was a selling point for the surf gate. If it pulls, it is very lightly.
Well, that's what I was referring to.
I would think any drag hardware on the side of a boat would cause it to turn slightly. Not a lot where it would be a pain to drive the boat, but just a little pull to one side.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-21-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
I like it if it works swell. I think another good, simple version is for someone to make a manual NSS system. That would seem easy to manufacture and effective. You could have a spring loaded pin that pulls out and give it multiple positions.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-23-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
Funny, I was just thinking the other day, why don't they take the Malibu wedge idea and put a small one on each side of the transom. I guess "they" just did.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-23-2013, 6:44 PM Reply   
I would be interested in a manual nss system for retrofit. I am sure people can get creative with it?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-23-2013, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I like it if it works swell. I think another good, simple version is for someone to make a manual NSS system. That would seem easy to manufacture and effective. You could have a spring loaded pin that pulls out and give it multiple positions.

It's going to be interesting to see how the law suit between nautique and Malibu ends. I think nautique will lose, but that will set the stage for any follow up surf systems that may be developed.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-24-2013, 5:30 AM Reply   
sweet

Last edited by jhartt3; 12-24-2013 at 5:33 AM.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-24-2013, 5:43 AM Reply   
Hey! Another v-hull with minimal deadrise at the rear of the boat. Lets slap some hardware on it! Great! Another group of customers who don't have the time or the ability to understand this wave is going to be acceptable only. I know when I go out to spend 60 - 70K I want acceptable. I recommend to anyone that is in the market to demo EVERY brand at the price point they are considering. Feel the difference between just ok and WOW!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-24-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
Hey! Another v-hull with minimal deadrise at the rear of the boat. Lets slap some hardware on it! Great! Another group of customers who don't have the time or the ability to understand this wave is going to be acceptable only. I know when I go out to spend 60 - 70K I want acceptable. I recommend to anyone that is in the market to demo EVERY brand at the price point they are considering. Feel the difference between just ok and WOW!
I certainly agree to demo, but I point out that boats with bigger deadrise hulls suck for wakeboarding, kneeboarding, slalom, barefooting, trick or any other watersport that requires pulling on the rope, because it inherently rolls the boat over and washes out the wake as it is approached. What is worse is that it makes a loaded wakeboard wake like hitting a brick wall with no transition. If you do demo make sure to check out how versatile the wake is on how your family would use the boat.

I applaud Moomba for the simplicity and being able to build a boat for 60K instead of 160K that can do it all.

Last edited by redsupralaunch; 12-24-2013 at 7:36 AM. Reason: addition
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-24-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
I think SMDFSRK makes some good points. How can wake surfers be expected to do the giant 14" airs and surface 360s without a deep v "surf specific" hull and 3000lbs of surf ballast.

These type of eliteist surfers are hilarious to me. Surfing is an easy sport that most anyone can do (my 74 year old father in law being proof) and you do not need a deep v hull. I wouldn't trade my X-30 for a deep V, I like having a consistent wakeboard wake for all ages and levels and clean wakes for both skiing and surfing. The day I spend $70k+ on a boat that really Only surfs well will be a Sad day.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-24-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
^ Well said LW
Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-25-2013, 11:10 PM Reply   
^^^Yes LW those are my thoughts exactly!!!!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-26-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
I take it that it is not possible to do a "real sport" like wakeboarding if you are 4 years old or 70 years old. Going to have to get some citations issued on our lake.

Not sure why it is better to spend 70K for a boat and do what you like, but then berate others who spend 70K to do what they like. Guess you are just a better person or better know what is really fun.

Happy holidays.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-26-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
You must be the "Pro wake surfer".

I don't think that I was berating anyone by saying surfing is easy. It IS. It just is. Doing shuv it's and tricks might be harder but overall, just surfing is easy. If you get offended by that, I'm sorry.

Everyone has different needs in a boat and I was just saying what was important to me.

Oh, and my 4 year old and my 74 year old father in law both wakeboard too.

I guess my comments prove the fact that I think I'm better than others just because I think surfing is easy and NEEDING a boat specifically for surfing isn't necessary. Yup, that's exactly what I was trying to say.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-26-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
I think Moomba has a winner with this design. Cheaper than the competition by a mile, simple and easy to use, and retrofittable for quite a few of their boats (once the LSV model is released.) It will be awesome for the riders who primarily wakeboard to not have to load up one side of their boat with upgraded ballast just to do a few surf sets at the end of the day. And a great option for the multi-sport family who wants a boat to do it all. It may not satisfy the surf pro crowd but I'm guessing those people aren't shopping Moomba in the first place. I think this is a huge win for the brand.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-26-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
I don't like the spray the gate puts out on the non surf side.. Did anyone notice that?

LW.. running is easy too.......... Until you try and run a 26.2 or a tri...

Whats on your surf trick list bro?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-26-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
I don't like the spray the gate puts out on the non surf side.. Did anyone notice that?

LW.. running is easy too.......... Until you try and run a 26.2 or a tri...

Whats on your surf trick list bro?
Are you surfing the non surf side? Why does it matter?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-26-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Tim.. that spray projects up 3-4 feet... looks like a jetski coolant pee..

It would matter to me.... My preference
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-26-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
So what does the retrofit ability look like on other boats? Seems like it is so bolt on friendly that most boats could add something like this. As far as how much of an effect it would have on the wake... Who knows?
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-27-2013, 4:49 AM Reply   
LW, just simply wakeboarding is simple also and you do not need a pro level wake to do it. in fact you can do it behind just about anything including a jet ski or pontoon boat.
In a way i understand what i think you were trying to get at but what it boils down to is what you plan to do with your boat. I surf and a few times a year wakeboard. so to me i really do not care how the wakeboard wake is, you may be the opposite. these wakeboard based boats are strapping on devices that help them make a better surf wave which i think is a great idea but trying to sell them as a better design than a true surf machine is laughable. it would be like a surf focused boat that straps ABC on and tells everyone that it is a better design than a wakeboard focused boat.
if Centurion started saying that the CATS system made a better wake than a G23 i would love to see the post.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-27-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Did I just get "called out" on my Wakesurf trick list on WW? That is hilarious, "Bro".

I was only responding to the comments made about needing a surf specific boat to be able to surf.

Personally I feel surfing is easy, that is just my opinion. I do surf on occasion and it's pretty fun, but I get bored of it and don't see the rush or thrill you get compared to other board sports. It's relaxing and chill, and it's fun. It's wake surfing. Ton of riders even says how once they are too old to wakeboard or ski, they surf. I guess if that makes surfers feel uncomfortable or offended I should stop expressing my opinion for fear of getting called out by the hard core surfers.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-27-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
Easier is relative. Most people have careers and lives outside of being on the water and prefer the low impact fun that surfing provides. They may have never even been on a wakeboard before! Possibly they were skiers who never were turned on by the thought the greater risk of injury associated with wakeboarding. Often times its important to the first time new boat buyer to have a boat that does what they do more often better. Generally in my neck of the woods that would be wake surfing. You rarely see adults with the financial means to purchase a new boat out their getting MASSIVE wakeboard air. In fact 95% of the people who wakeboard here are in their teens and twenties in this area. So, why on earth would that buyer, the guy with a adult children, and a growing clan of grandshildren, be better off purchasing a boat that throws amazing wakeboard wakes and acceptable wakesurf wakes when they could potentially purchase a boat that throws great wakesurf wakes and acceptable wakeboard wakes? All the while spending roughly $10k - $15k less on a boat with equal carrying capacity.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-27-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
The difference between wakeboarding and surfing is pretty simple. It is pretty hard to get hurt surfing. You fall but you don't get hurt. Wakeboarding invariably includes planting the board in the water and going down hard.

This is true because you are attached to the wakeboard.

Sorry to state the obvious. But it is kind of obvious. Look at all the losers (yes I am calling them out) standing on a surf board holding a beer can.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2013, 4:14 PM Reply   
I will be adding this to my boat once the LSV model is released. We don't surf much but it will be nice to just drop down and go rather than fill/empty a ton of ballast.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-27-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
Just to be clear. You won't be filling and emptying ballast to switch sides. You still have to fill, though. You just fill both sides, or everything.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
Good point, but the ballast will already be full from a good day of wakeboarding!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-27-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
I dunno about that. But switching side easily would be great!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
Who really cares if these surf contraptions don't produce pro level surf wakes. I am not sure the manufacturers do. having the perfect pro level surf wave probably helps sell boats to 5% of the potential buying public. On the other hand easily being able to weight a boat evenly, switch sides and not having to dangerously list your boat probably helps sell boats to 95% of the potential buyers.

It really is easy to see why boat manufacturers are going to these surf contraptions. If the others(MB, centurion, Tige, etc) don't go this route they will have trouble keeping pace.

Last edited by polarbill; 12-27-2013 at 6:24 PM.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-27-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Who really cares if these surf contraptions don't produce pro level surf wakes. I am not sure the manufacturers do. having the perfect pro level surf wave probably helps sell boats to 5% of the potential buying public. On the other hand easily being able to weight a boat evenly, switch sides and not having to dangerously list your boat probably helps sell boats to 95% of the potential buyers.

It really is easy to see why boat manufacturers are going to these surf contraptions. If the others(MB, centurion, Tige, etc) don't go this route they will have trouble keeping pace.
Your statement about 5%-95% of potential buyers could not be more accurate. It says it all.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsupralaunch View Post
Your statement about 5%-95% of potential buyers could not be more accurate. It says it all.
I honestly think 5% might be generous.
Old     (Tnsatbhs)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-27-2013, 7:25 PM Reply   
The contraptions sure sold me! They will produce a wake that's more than enough for what I want to do and being able to evenly weight my boat is a huge plus.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-28-2013, 5:18 AM Reply   
Centurion: CATS and RAMFILL. Google it. Its about the platform they're starting with being superior than what the standard v-hulls are using. You guys and your MC/Malibu/Nautique underwear.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-28-2013, 5:38 AM Reply   
I'm not old enough but I bet that's what your dad use to say about adding ballast. "Young man your dangerously filling your boat with water sinking it down"
It funny to read all the post that say "I don't Or you don't need a pro level surf wave. I suggest you buy a g23 they have the bigger wake" why is it OK to suggest a wake the is pro level when only 5% need it but when it comes to surf mediocrity is acceptable? If the OP said he wakeboarded mostly but rarely surfed no one be suggesting centurion, MB..... if the OP wants a great surf wave from the factory, easy to set up, perfect ever time, and throughs a acceptable wake the FX44/22 is the one.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-28-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
I think it's funny that "pro-level" is even a term associated with wake surfing. It sounds great to be a "pro" at something that everyone does if it's too windy/ they're too old to wakeboard. I bet the ladies love that 6" vert those pro guys are boosting too!
Old    SMDFSRK            12-28-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnsatbhs View Post
The contraptions sure sold me! They will produce a wake that's more than enough for what I want to do and being able to evenly weight my boat is a huge plus.
They SOLD you? Did you try other brands of boats without the "contraptions", or did you get SOLD when you walked onto the show floor?
Old     (Tnsatbhs)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-28-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
They SOLD you? Did you try other brands of boats without the "contraptions", or did you get SOLD when you walked onto the show floor?

I tried other boats without the "contraptions" and did a lot of looking. If I were going to be SOLD it sure wouldn't be from a brand with "contraptions". There was one brand in particular that tried to sell me and they prided themselves in no "contraptions". Just because it's not for you doesn't mean everyone that likes the "contraptions" are idiots that just get SOLD.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-28-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
Be careful what you say Ttime41, or you might get called out here: "what's your surf tick list, Bro"!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
I think it's funny that "pro-level" is even a term associated with wake surfing. It sounds great to be a "pro" at something that everyone does if it's too windy/ they're too old to wakeboard. I bet the ladies love that 6" vert those pro guys are boosting too!
Lol, do you think the ladies are attracted to guys who go big on a wakeboard? No actually, girls could care less about who is better at sports, that's what guys care about!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-28-2013, 1:36 PM Reply   
Ttime not sure if you are old now but you will be someday (or not) bit lets hope that you get there and you too will need to take care of your body. After the last ACL replacement I had enough wakeboarding. I do it a few times a year but I have nothing to prove anymore, I'm married so I don't worry about what attracts chicks anymore. I gave up racing sport bikes when I started a family and don't race dirt bikes anymore just ride for fun. I used to heal faster, when I had my shoulder replaced I bounced right back, I was 21. The ACL took almost a year at 30. Priorities change. I'm not sure why this thread has turned into bashing wakesurfing? The op wanted a surf boat. Some suggestions were made about wakeboard boats with equipment mounted to make a decent wave. My suggestions was for a surf boat. I am not bashing wakeboarding.or the great boats designed to though great wakeboard wakes.

Last edited by nailem; 12-28-2013 at 1:40 PM.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-28-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
Actually this thread was about a new surf system for Moomba. It derailed because this is wakeworld and that's what happens here.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-28-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
I for one am glad it de=railed. I enjoy hearing different opinions on the surfing.

We surfed for first time this year. And it was fun for like 2/3 of a season. Then it was like ok let's wakeboard. And getting back to wakeboarding felt way better. I am 46. Granted I have not had a acl repair yet. Maybe when i do I will change my mind. Frankly, I think if all I could do was surf I would just quit boating. Surfing does strike me as being kind of boring. I am not saying people can't get good at it and do some tricks. But if I can't wakeboard, I think I would just take up golf
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-28-2013, 3:51 PM Reply   
your right, I confused this thread and different thread. either way to each there own. after racing sport bikes I could never just sit on a cruiser and ride around, others have no problem making that transition. point is I don't bash those that enjoy it.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-29-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
I see where you're coming from Rusty, I was really just poking fun at the hardcore surf guys on here arguing about what brand has "pro-level" waves. Surfing is a leisure thing to me, and it seems to be the same for you, so I guess I just don't understand all the bickering because XYZ's wave is a foot longer than a moomba with the Flow system. To each his own I suppose. I do, however, completely agree with you about the bikes. If I couldn't ride something with some zip I probably wouldn't ride at all.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-29-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Right on and I was clearly confused on which thread I was on. I was thinking this was the thread where the guy wanted a surf boat. To much forum surfing, now to do that you really need a pro level PC not some add on tablet or smart phone.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-29-2013, 11:26 AM Reply   
I'd like to know where pro-level wake was mentioned by anyone other than you MC/Bu/Nauti?Supra guys? The point I'm making is why spend = dollars on a boat that excels at wakeboarding vs. at boat that excels at wakesurfing if you're going to spend a predominant amount of time surfing? ESPECIALLY now that Centurion has the CATS and RAMFILL. If you are spending a higher percentage of your time wakeboarding then yes, I can appreciate your point as to why you would consider a standard v-hull style boat with contraptions slapped on the transom of it, over a deep-v hull. Nobody should really be considering Tige, they're the Bayliner of inboards.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-29-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Well, i agree with some of that. I do agree that one should consider what they want to do with a boat (car or whatever item) before purchasing.

But as far as the Bayliner analogy. I think you botched the analogy. I live on a lake with very few inboard boats. So I get a lot of time to be on friends run abouts and talk about prices. And you get a ton of bang for the buck out of a Bayliner. And as you may know, but perhaps merits a reminder, all the engines in runabouts are either volvo penta or mercruiser. Kind of like there are very few inboard engine mfgrs.

My point is that all boats (except the aluminum inboard) - including inboards and i/o's - are just pieces of fiberglass floating around with someone else's engine.

So let's let freedom and people deciding what they want determine if the value proposition of bayliner or tige are sufficient. That being said and in the spirit of said freedom. Thanks for your thoughts, keep them coming.
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-29-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'd like to know where pro-level wake was mentioned by anyone other than you MC/Bu/Nauti?Supra guys? The point I'm making is why spend = dollars on a boat that excels at wakeboarding vs. at boat that excels at wakesurfing if you're going to spend a predominant amount of time surfing? ESPECIALLY now that Centurion has the CATS and RAMFILL. If you are spending a higher percentage of your time wakeboarding then yes, I can appreciate your point as to why you would consider a standard v-hull style boat with contraptions slapped on the transom of it, over a deep-v hull. Nobody should really be considering Tige, they're the Bayliner of inboards.
Attached Images

Old    SMDFSRK            12-29-2013, 10:08 PM Reply   
That was a cheap shot, wasn't it? They're ok.
Old     (mhibbing)      Join Date: Nov 2013       12-31-2013, 5:25 AM Reply   
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-31-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Super cool system and super simple. I hope someone makes these to buy aftermarket.