Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Good day all.....I am in the market to buy some fat sacs for next season. I would like to buy quality sacs but don't know much about them. I have heard good things about Launch Pad but that is the only one I have heard of. Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase sacs and perhaps even go one further in which sizes I may need. I have a 99 Moomba Outback but need to weight it. So what to buy,where to buy it from (eBay?) what weight of sacs to buy, and perhaps where to put them in my Moomba to produce a good wake.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-18-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
do a google search. Fat Sacs, lets go ride, launch Pad, etc. (lets go ride have pissed me off and would not recommend them, buyer beware) nice bag very very very poor customer service..) check out wakeside, and some of the other links on this site. Does you boat have stock ballast? guess not... Im not familiar with your boat but the standard 3 full 600 pounders should be a good start. Just weight your boat evenly from the start and move bags around from there.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Thanks CDM, I will look up all that info. I have checked out Wakeside and was very impressed with the website. So the three 600lbs sacs would be typically all I need. The Moomba is a direct drive ski boat that I am converting to a wakeboard boat. We have the tower done and Sony system is all complete. Now that we look the part with this thing, it's time to throw a good wake. So 3/600lbs sacs is a good start. Thanks
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-18-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
I would check out Fat Sacs from Fly High (www.barefootinternational.com) They will even custom make a bag for your boat/area.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-18-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
Check out Fluid Concepts, their stuff is Awesome, and they are a major supporter of the "Grassroots" side of wakeboarding.
Old    upupnaway            11-18-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
I have a Mobius I weight down with a fat seat in back (fully loaded) and 1 fat sack in the walkway to the bow (about half full), and that gives me great size and shape on the wake.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-19-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Mike,

I like your boat and thanks for the tip. How big is your sac in the back? and how big is your sac in the walkway to the bow? Also, do you all suggest any type of pump or just any two way pump will do? Any and all suggestions are welcome in this post.

Thanks
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-21-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
pop products...LEAD weight for the bow it's a must depending on how much weight you put in it.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-21-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
i got a 500lb one for that i can sell ya if you want it. it is out of the box but hasnt been used. we bought two thinking we needed them but we only need one.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-21-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
http://www.fluidconcepts.net Can't go wrong with Fluid Concepts.

The Pop Products weight bags are great too, but I'm guessing that Daniel still resides in Canada, and shipping costs would be ridiculous
Old    upupnaway            11-22-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
I went with the fly high fat seat for the back, supposedly 1200 lbs.
The fat sack I use in the walkway is supposedly 800 lbs, but I do not fill it all of the way up.
I could get the same result out of the little version of the fat sack, about 300-400 lbs.

I am also pretty picky when it comes to the wake being even on both sides, so here is what I did to take care of that. I bought 25 lb bags of lead shot, put them in freezer bags, and wrapped them up in duct tape. I always let someone else ride first, and keep the lead bags right next to me on the floor. As they ride, I have the spotter grab them one by one and move them out to the sides until the balance is perfect.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-22-2004, 6:07 AM Reply   
This is great info guys, thanks a lot. We will be looking into fat sacs in the near future. yes Canada is where I reside and shipping can be a problem. Nick, email me directly at tmlfan1976@hotmail.com and let me know where you are and what you want for the 500lbs sac. Also, does it come with a cover? what kinda bag etc....

Thanks
Old    hydrotek            11-26-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
GO CUSTOM and design your own ballast at

www.flexiblealternatives.com
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-26-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
I started out with a 700lb gethighsports bag up front. The wake was too round so I bought a 375lb fly high sac to put in the back. Wake was still too round, so I swaped the big one to the back and the small one to the front. The wake was too small, so I got 2 350lb side sacs. I only use 3 at a time, not all 4. One day when my dad isnt looking I will fill all 4 up. It took me 2 years to finally get all these sacs. My favorite set-up is about 600lbs in the back with the 2 side sacs. If I ever add the 4th sac, I will probably put in the back also to really steepen the wake. (remember, i have wedge)
Old    gethighperlite            11-27-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
if i am stuck with my dads ski boat, (SUCKS) , what can i do to pump up that wake? he says it will f/ up the motor with fat sacs, but i think otherwise.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-27-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
adding alot of weight couldn't be good for the engine but if you got a WB boat might as well use it for the reason you got it..huge wake = alot of weight.