Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
07 Centurion Enzo 216 brand new no hours going for 41k vs. possibly an 07 Malibu 23 LSV used...Thoughts?
Old     (phx07enzo)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
I have an 07 ENZO 230 and I love it!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I have an 05 Malibu 23 LSV and I love it!! Can you take a demo ride in each one Eric? Driving the boat, riding behind it, etc. should help you to make a more informed decision.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
My thoughts are that you are asking people to make a choice with almost zero relevant information.....
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
I am a malibu owner, but even if I wasn't I would much rather has a slightly used Bu then a new Centi. But as deuce said we have not info on either boat. What are the options, condition of the use BU, hours, etc...
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
If it was an Enzo 230/240, I'd say the Centurion.....if the Bu is in good shape, go with it.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-16-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
I have had both and they are both great boats. Centurion has some good options but after owning them both I would say Malibu. The fit and finish is were you will see the main difference. Like Eubanks said demo them and see what you like the best. Every boat handles different, if the boats are from a dealer I am sure they will let you demo the boat. If it is private party show them some cash and offer to pay for the trip to the lake I am sure they would work something out with you. If you look close at the boats you will see the difference for yourself.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
A 21 1/2 foot boat vs a 23 foot boat. What size is your crew? I moved up from a 22ssv to the 23LSV and the amount of room is dramatic.
Malibu
+ MLS (4 built in tanks) and still room in the trunk.
+ Power Wedge
+ Illusion tower
+ Tray over the engine
+ Rope tray over the trans
+ seat 14
- Mali cruse (you need to restart every time you turn off the engine) pain.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
The Enzo 216 is a crossover boat designed to give a solom wake when unweighted. It is a great boat but not a fair comparison to a LSV23. The Enzo 230 is very comparable.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-17-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
MALIBU LSV HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!! centurion boats are kinda lame
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-17-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Andy, thank you for that worthless post. The 216 actually is a very large boat inside for a 21'6" boat and is very deep. Like George said it is more of a crossover boat. Most likely the Malibu has a lot better options and will have a better wake that is very adjustable with the wedge and 4 ballast tanks. The only thing that would sway me towards the Centurion is that the Malibu may only have a year left on the warranty depending on when the boat was originally registered.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-17-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
HEY! what used BU 23 LSV are you looking @ where is it located??? I am looking for one as well...can you send me the info..I just want to see what it looks like..colors and price...I promise I won't scoop it on ya...IMO both boats are lovely...the BU is much larger..what engines do they have..nice to have brand new...but the 23lsv is a nice ride..
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-17-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
ur welcome brett
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-17-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
I bet Andys mom still makes his lunch for him to take to school on a short yellow bus... nice seadoo douche!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Ditto what Sean says! Malibu is a great boat, but someone with a seadoo calling Centurions lame??? Please, get a life. We dont trash manufacturers on this web site.
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-18-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
I have ridden both and love both wakes. I own a Centurion and anyone that has at least ridden in one wouldnt call it lame. The hull is extremely thick so rough choppy water you hardly notice. The 09 and up vinyl is the same quality if not better than the Bu's. Granted they dont have all the bells and whistles as a Bu but they are very practical and reliable. The new Enzos will clean up at 18 so if you have beginners the wake has a smooth transition but you can load it up and the thing gets huge. The Malibu is a much more flashy boat and has a great wake that is just crazy big and with the wedge you can shape it much more than the Enzo but with that flash you lose practicality and simplicity. Just go out and ride and drive both and see what suits your taste best. Money also talks so you'll have to play on those emotions to. Good luck with the decision process and you'll love either one you pick they are both good boats.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-18-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
Sean... Andy doesn't go to school yet. He's only 2 years old. He's more into the potty training stage.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-19-2009, 10:45 PM Reply   
No doubt...ha ha!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-21-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
sean dean.... wow ur good, its acually peanut butter and jely, just to let u know
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-21-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
sean ur just mad u have a lame boat, im sry bro
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-21-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
Andy, I really appreciate the sympathy man. I can only hope that one day I might be as cool as you. That way I can bash strangers boats for no apparent reason. It is a pretty lame boat..nobody ever wants to ride in it or behind it. Especially any ladys (you know those things your still scared of). Thanks for pointing that out to me. Glad to see you changed your pic...or uploaded a fake one??? Who knows? Better yet who cares??? Get a life bud this isnt the high school chearleader squad, nobody is interested in your drama...
Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
I have had three Malibus - an 06 VLX, 07 23 LSV and an 08 247 LSV. All have been great. Obviously I'm partial to Malibus. To be honest I think the 23 was my favorite boat. That thing would turn on a dime and handled so well. I loved the wake and everything about it. I'm sure both are great boats but my vote would be the BU. Just demo both and go with what lights your fire the most.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
I have a Cent and love it, but I'd go with the Bu for sure.
Test drive both. The 216 is much different than everyone's love for the Enzo 230.

If you are looking for rough water ride and a warranty then Enzo. That's about it.

That's also the price of a SeaDoo Wake isn't it???
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       06-25-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have an 07 Enzo 216 with the four hard tank factory ballast. We surf with only 2 people in the boat (and I am 200 pounds), wakeboard, wakeskate, and smooth out the wake to ski. With the 497 Acme (stock) it runs about 46 on the water with four people and will cruise at 30 MPH at 3000 RPM. When heavy (full ballast and 9 people in boat plus boarder) will still get on plane for wakeboarding. I am considering a lower prop though to hold the speed better with the PP system for wakeboarding. It holds fine for surfing. IMO you can't go wrong with either, but I get tons of compliments on the Enzo.