Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
SenuorBUENO,

I tried to load some of those pics for you man and any one else interested in the progress of the OKLAHOMA CABLE PARK, but I can't get them to shrink down. So yall will have to go to the website if you want some newer pics...

In other news we only have about 2 weeks left of digging left and then we should have the lake deep enough and we can have the wells dug.

Once the lake is partially filled the boys from Germany come over and make bids on the park.

We are also having the base for the floor of the new board shop poured within the next week or so!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
This image will have to get ya'll through...

Upload

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-24-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
We better get some rain, or else it going to be a dirt track. Looking forward to the park. Start praying for rain.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Gods been blessing us so far, hopefully if we can stay in his will he will allow us to stay on his side.

Even if it dosn't rain, we will still have to seperate wells for the lake.

Right now its a dirt track though, Im going to suit my fourwheeler up tomarrow and go race out there!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
How many acres is the lake Danny? Roughly what are the dimensons? (Length, width, depth) Curious to know, cause it's exciting to think that more of these are popping up. Good luck!
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
We have 140 acres out there.

The lake is roughly 10 acres.

It will be the largest in the US!

Just make sure yuou dont fall on the far end!!!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
No kidding. First time at O-Dub I fell at the opposite corner from the starting house...I thought that walk was a bad one!!!
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Im telling you man, dont try anything new on that far end.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-24-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
On busy days (or every day), you should hire a guy to just drive circles around the lake in a golf cart to pick up riders instead of making them walk. I think that would help make each day at the cable more enjoyable and you'd make back the additional cost in additional sales.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-24-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
That'll be a HUGE cable-park... Are ya'll trying to incorporate anything else to fill the void in the middle? Or, is there not going to be much of a void?

-Blake
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
get some pictures of the quad racin
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
BLAIR, I would but I ride the Kawasaki KFX 700...

So all that picture would show is a blur!

Upload

(FYI, Thats not me in the pic....)

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM

(Message edited by partydock17 on April 24, 2006)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
BLAKE,

we were going to have an island, but here in Oklahoma, that just wouldnt work.

We have too much heat and too much drought in the summer.

We will proably end up putting something out there though.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
danny... ive ridden raptors, yfz 450's and kfx700's and although the kfx is nice i found it too big for me... ill take a 450 anyday... the size is better for me... and i like being able to pick the gear i wanna ride in...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-24-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
What does heat and drought have to do with an island? The island is for cutting down on chop. Also I think that OWC's lake is a lot bigger than 10 acres. Although the best cable is only on a small portion of the lake. I'd have to say that bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to a cable.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
I ride in gear "K", as in "Kill Yamahas"

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
An Island actually has alot to do with drought.

With out it alot more water is sitting in the lake.

That means when the heat goes up and the water level goes down, ours wont go as far down because of all of the extra water.

And there is alot of extra water there.
Those islands take alot of room up.

Yes O-Dub does have a bigger lake, their cable only takes up , i dont know, a third of it.?.

Our cable will actually take up the whole lake.

The good thing about making it bigger means that we can have more carriers on the cable line, that way more people can get on the water and ride. Which means you wont be standing in line to ride as much!

Yes you might have to walk a little farther when you fall, but think about it. You will be able to hit alot of rails and sliders, not just one or two before you have to start turning to come back the other way.

We will end up putting tires or something out there to help cut sown chop, but there really is only som uch you can do here with Okie wind.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM

(Message edited by partydock17 on April 24, 2006)
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
How about a floating dock in the center, with shade and chairs. It would make a great spot to watch the riders and rest up. Plant some trees on the South side to help break up the wind, that may help a little bit too.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-25-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
That would be very awesome...

We have a hill with pine trees on the East side.
We have a hill on the Northside where we will transplant trees to.
We are thinking about something for the southside.
And the Westside has to remain open so peopel can see it from the highway...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Danny-T - what are your numbers on building that park? Total cost and how long do you guys think it would take to re coop you investment?
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Can I have some of the dirt you moved around?? We only have ledge rock around here!
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-25-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
JC, check out www.cablewakeboard.com for ome numbers. We have saved alot by building it ourselves. After we get it done we are seling all the eqiptment, that means the exspense of the lake building part will have been from oil and fuel.

Rooster, I would say you could hav at her, but were using it all to build our dams right now.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-26-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
If any of ya'll have any ideas for extreme to mild sliders, kickers or rails, post 'em up.

We are starting to design and graph out where the fun stuff will go.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Danny!
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Wow that sounds like a good time... That will be done by Spring 2007? Hope the weather and plans go good for you :-)

I went to the cable park outside Montreal in Canada, during Nationals last summer. I did about 8 or 9 rides, and about 7 of them I fell on the far side of the dock, lol. Oh well, it was the most fun I've EVER had wakeboarding. All of these locals had these old ghetto setups and lifejackets and helmets, and I was the "new kid" who showed up with the brand new O'Brien Player/Argon setup and A-10 jacket etc, and I fell on my first 3 dockstarts and they were all laughing at me. It was good medicine, I had a BLAST.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-27-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
ADEN, I know what you mean...
The first time I ever went to a cable park, I had my brand new GatorBoard Harris and NICE Scarecrow boots. Everybody else was riding old school Lfs, HO's and Waketechs. I fell on my face so many times....

The estimated opening dates are between MID-THIS SUMMER and Spring OF NEXT YEAR.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM