Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    aram            01-28-2005, 10:42 PM Reply   
Every year in Scottsdale we have the Barrett-Jackson car auction (http://www.barrett-jackson.com). They are mostly high end antiques, customs, sports cars and muscle cars, and of course, quite a few vendors. In the Mopar area I shot these pictures of a Jeep Liberty with a custom paint job with matching CWB Prodigy wakeboards in Thule wakeboard car racks. Kinda corny because I doubt the boards have ever been ridden, but still pretty cool.

Old    cheekydevil69            01-28-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
haha hardcore fan... perhaps he might have the matching shirt too
Old    murrayair            01-28-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
Now he needs to win the Spy boat to match, haha.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-29-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
I would have put some 04' Highbacks on that board.. would have been perfect color match..
Old    ag4ever            01-30-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
Kinda lame b/c that thing would never be able to tow a decent tow boat.

Maybe it is for a boat-whore.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-30-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
did anyone see what that went for?
Old    aram            01-30-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
The Jeep Liberty itself was not for sale. It was just a promotional vehicle in the Mopar tent. It was there with such vehicles as '71 Chargers with Viper engines. Alot of show, not much functionality. For the auction results, you can go here: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/bj05results.asp

Old    aram            01-30-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Whoops, uploaded the engine twice...
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-30-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
yeha the reason i asked was because i didnt see that on the list... i also spent all 24hrs of tv coverage glued to the TV

some of those prices are just sick
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
That Liberty can tow up to 5000lbs. I don't think there is a wakeboard boat on the market that weighs more then that! You would be surprised what that Liberty can pull. I know Tige's are one of the heavier boats and the 21i only weighs about 3700lbs. So, the 24V might weigh like 4500-4800lbs. Hell, as long as there are no moutains you would be just fine...........Not that I would ever buy one...I'm going to over do it and buy the Durango with the Hemi even though my boat only weighs like 2800lbs
Old    jdavis4            02-03-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
Pulling out of the driveway and down the road is little different than pulling it out of the water. I've seen some boat ramps on lake travis where the Liberty wouldn't have a chance. I'll stick with the F-250.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
I have seen 4cyl. station wagons pull boats out of the water.......it doesn't take HP to pull something out of the water......it takes traction.......it was an AWD Subaru and it pulled out a 21Ft. Supra just fine. Not saying you want to take road trips with it. Once again not saying I would buy a Liberty..........just saying I've seen plenty of them pulling boats.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
After the boat weight, add fuel, trailer, and all your gear.

I'm sure the Liberty can pull the boat. It's probably just not the safest vehicle for towing something that weights nearly as much as it does. Suspension and braking power are important too.