Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
I want to believe it, but today, last week, in wisconsin there is no sign of anything "warming".... the water is frigid and its mid september..... everyone in the south, just know you're lucky
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I hear you Nick, our days are numbered
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-17-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
suck it up we do live in the Midwest... the chilly days keep the Wallies away!!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-17-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
My days here in Kansas are numbered as well. We will have some more warm days but with all of the rain and cold nights the water is starting to get cold fast.

Plus I find it really difficult to get people to go to the lake once it starts getting cold.
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-17-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
I'm not buying any of the global warming crap. I saw last night where we are in between an ice age. We have had excellent weather for the past 10,000 years but it won't last forever.

If you believe global warming you should sell your boat and the truck you pull it with.
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
I feel your Wisconsin pain in that we boat the Mississippi. The water has already dropped over 10 deg in the last couple weeks. A sure sign that it got cold up north early this year.

There is a separate camp on the whole global warming thing that says that the sun is the only truly significant factor in the temps seen on earth. Something about the percentage of cloud cover created by cosmic winds. The sun is in a "high" cycle and therefore blocking the factors that help generate clouds. Google it... it makes for good reading. According to their studies we are actually headed for a mini-ice age in the next 20 - 30 years.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Come on guys. We should all hope global warming is true and taking over so we can all ride 365 days a year.

On a serious note, water temps in NC are beginning to drop as well but it won't be cold enough here to keep me out of the water until first of November. November to March sure does suck.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
If we're lucky in wisco its like early oct. you can still ride, and start back up again in april, late late april
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Here in Michigan. going to try to push it until Oct 31st. My buddy John has a tradition to ride on the 31st. This will be my first try out on the 31st. Seriously thinking a drysuit might be a viable option. We'll see.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-17-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
the lake we ride on, was 75 deg. like a week and a half ago, on thursday it was 63.8!!! WTF!!!! we usually get to ride into the first few days of oct! i don't own a wetsuit so thats pretty much it for me!! once the water is less than 50 im done!! may 1st is a long way off!!!! you would think id be smart enough to move by now!!! 5 months of riding is not enough
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-17-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ill keep my Wally ass down here wazzy, see what you can do about the mass migration of your neighbors to my state when its cold in yours...
We ride the 31st too - January.
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-17-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
get a wet suit it probally extended my season by at least a couple months. the best part about staying out that long is that its super easy to find butter
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-17-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Put the boat away in MN yesterday,
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
just put the boat for an oil change,tune up and new impeller. so we can keep going all year.
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
I feel for you guys, cause I can't wait. This is the first week since i can remember where the high temps will all be below 100 here. I don't think I will put the boat away at all this winter. Plus, summers only people are done since kids are in school.

Yippppppeeeeee!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-18-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Last night it got down to 70 here. I'm fearing that my 80 degree what is going to leave soon.

Robert - WTF
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-18-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Ted... hahaah... we only send the old people down to Fla. for the winter.

Migration of Blue-Hairs coming soon....
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
yeah the water got cold...dropped 10 degrees in 6 days on my lake in minneapolis. BUT, this week should bring the temp back up to about 70-72. i'll be riding till the snow falls...i love heated garages!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Global warming caused by Hummers and Escalades is total BS and FUD. We had a terrible summer in western Washington and it's unusually cold already for September. You won't hear about it on the news, of course.

I was hoping to have the boat on the water until Haloween, but it is looking like early October at best. Pretty lame, but at least the poor weather meant for fewer crowded days on the lake.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
we have only been keeping track of weather patterns for a little over 100 years! as the earth is quite a bit older than that, i think it is stupid to say we are responsible for global warming!?!! were there SUVs, boats, race cars, that caused the ice age to end!!???!?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-18-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Damn the blue hairs - just send us your women, we'll keep em warm for ya during the winter...
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
pack you stuff come to florida for the winter or i guess you could say fall
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
All I know is if global warming does what it's supposed to I'll be able to Ride year round with no problems at all and if that's the case I'm all for it
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-18-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
the great lakes turned into the biggest cable park(s) ever... thats the world I want to someday live in
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
FNA
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-18-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
It just shows that they are two sides to every story. My Biology teacher was telling me that the earth has seen temp. averages higher than what our generation ever has. The averages have gone up and down through out history dating way back before Hummers and Escalades. If it is true it still doesn't mean you can factor out high CO levels as the cause, but I honestly don't buy it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
here in the cen-cal we'll be good till about the end of october. then it'll take some kohones or a wet/dry suit.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-18-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Craig, ask your Biology teacher whether the ocean produces more or less CO2 when the water warms up, and if he's smart enough to answer, ask him if he knows the difference between cause and effect. If he gives you a hard time, tell him to give me a call and I'll straighten him out
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-18-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
I rode in kenosha, wi. this past saturday and water was 73 and air was in the low 60's. I didn't care and slipped on a wetsuit for the morning run. I usually don't touch my wetsuit until mid - october. Im riding thursday and its supposed to be a high of 80 so im pumped for that
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-18-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Guys don't worry Ted and I will take pulls for you all winter long!
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Ah, winter......Now I can break out my dry suit agai....oh wait, I never put it away...
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
"the ocean produces more or less CO2 when the water warms up"

Not to be a dick but Tim the oceans are a net consumer of CO2 it is a producer of O2.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
Whether you belive in global warming or not is irrelevant. Humans make an impact on the planet - if you dont believe me, pull your car in the garage, close the garage door, get back in the car, leave the engine running - post back in the morning with the results of your immediate environment. Did it change...?
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-19-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
I dont have blue hair yet, but after the change in the weather here in IL, Im looking to send the boat south as soon as possible. Hopefully Southwest drops fares, and Im riding the chain at the end of October.

If global warming is melting the polar ice caps, why are the lake in Central Florida so low? Its definetly an issue, Ill let my kids deal with it. J/K.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
Come on down Greg, Ill give you a pull and you wont need a dry suit.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-19-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
George, I don't think you got my point, and no,you weren't a dick... You're just speaking your mind, same as me...

The word "produces" was a simplification. To be more specific, when the ocean temperature rises, it releases CO2 into the atmosphere at a greater rate. The ratio of it releasing CO2 to it releasing 02 goes up significantly, which is why, if you look at the historical data generated from ice cores, you'll see that atmospheric CO2 level rise after warming of the ocean water occurs, not before (unless you ask algore, of course)... Nobody's denying that we have an effect. What I'm saying is that the effect we have is relatively negligible compared to that of nature. There are forces in nature, such as the sun fluctuating in the amount of heat it generates and volcanic activity, that are far more significant than my gas/ethanol guzzling SUV. When the sun or undersea volcanic activity increase the ocean water temperature, naturally you're going to have CO2 levels in the atmosphere increase at a rate that humans couldn't possibly create even if we wanted to.

By the way, human sacrifice to appease the GODS of nature is not a new concept, although sacrificing SUVs and boats is a bit less violent than in the past, I'll give you that... but the concept that we're inherently bad, and being punished by the GODS of nature is basically the same throughout our history. I just don't happen to believe it.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
>>Damn the blue hairs - just send us your women, we'll keep em warm for ya during the winter<< Nah, they like to cuddle up on a cold winter night...

>>car in the garage, close the garage door, get back in the car, leave the engine running <<
hahahahahahahaaaa... Ted you are on a roll....

BTW... rode last night water was 63 & just wore a heater shirt.... perfect.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
63! wow, thats the coldest our water gets in late Feb!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
We have cold winter nights. I turn the air conditioner on 65 at night for the "cold weather" feel.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
63 is a blessing, ours if frozen
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-19-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Ted for the offer! My boat has a winter home in Clermont. Im might give you a call when we're down in the summer with no boat. You guys ride with all the gators up there.

If you ever want to ride the Clermont chain, we have an 03 VLX which we visit when its too cold up north.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Up there? Im 45 minutes from Clermont and I tow there often. Let me know when your down.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-21-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
the whole global warming thing is just a scam for al gore to make more money... its
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-21-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Craig, tonight - try my garage scenario above and post your results tomorrow.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
From what I hear, we are in between mini ice ages, and yeah it's heating up, but in the next couple generations, Floridians will be in dry suits...
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Well, oviously, one thing that clearly is not a scam is the fact that the US educational system is failing.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-21-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Yep, I see that too.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-21-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
My sons 11tg grade ecology teacher said his job this year is to convince every student that global warming is real. He was talking about Brazil's efforts to use ethanol and biodiesel. Stated that 90% of vehicles use alternative fuels and that these fuels are cheaper. We spent 10 days in Brazil this summer. Less than 25% of the vehicles run on alternative fuels, ethanol cost more than gas, $2.85/liter. When this was stated in class the teacher threated to give him a bad grade for disrepecting the teacher. So much for free speech.
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Ted,

I don't think the argument lies with CO2 emissions. Yes humans are impacting the environment. And yes we should do things to reduce our CO2 emissions if only for our health and the quality of our air.

The debate lies in if CO2 emissions actually create a warming trend in the earths average temp. There are more and more studies that show that not to be the case. That the only force large enough to change average temps on earth is the sun.

I think what some of the people are trying to say is that maybe we shouldn't accept what we are fed by the popular media. That maybe their overall goal isn't to report the news or do something noble like save the earth. They are looking at their bottom line. So quite simply if they can create any kind of panic or stir. Or influence political elections in their direction. They make money.

Main
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
im still ridin in northeast connecticut it might just be im dedicated cuz i was ridin in 55-60 degree weather the other day but it wasnt that bad im probly takin the boat out in early october
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-24-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
I hear you Eric. My point is only that people get to wrapped up in whether or not Global Warming is "real". They lose focus on the fact that as a species, we have a very large impact on our environment and it really wouldn't hurt if more people made a concientious effort to be more responsible.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-24-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
90 in Grand Rapids, Michigan today.... usually about 65 this time of year
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-24-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Ted - You just made Eric's point. People that buy into eco-hysteria and start ranting about how humans/Americans are the source of trouble with every conceivable facet of life on the planet aren't doing any good for anyone, except maybe their own personal/policitcal/financial objectives.

If they really cared, they'd focus on energy conservation and reduction of pollutants where it made sense to save money and keep everyone healthy. Some people thought that global warming would be a convenient excuse to encourage energy conservation and to curb pollution, but the problem is that it is so irrational that it detracts from the purpose of the message. Even worse, it can lead to all sorts of irrational behavior because the premise is irrational.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-24-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Dont forget what this same "scientific community" told us just 33 years ago.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

Im the greenest guy you will ever meet. I believe we should manage our waste for our own health. We shouldnt need a trumped up doomsday prophecy to force us into compliance.

There is no proof that we affect the temp of the earth. Furthermore, there is no way to prove it if it were true. Therefore, scare tactics really arent going to work. It didnt work when we had a pending ice age and it wont work for global warming.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-24-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Todays temp in Michigan....83 degrees...not bad for September. But the record high was 1891 at 93 degrees. See where I am going with this. Climate chagnes goes in cycles. 1891 there was not nearly as many people as ther is today living on this earth. And nearly no autos exsisted. So case in point.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-24-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
"Im the greenest guy you will ever meet. I believe we should manage our waste for our own health. We shouldnt need a trumped up doomsday prophecy to force us into compliance."
I agree 100%!
Old     (tedesco)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-24-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
George,

Ethanol in Brazil costs on average R$1,36 per liter at the pump which for us is more than 30% cheaper than gas. It is true that only about 24% of the cars run on ethanol or are prepared to run with ethanol, gasoline or any mixture of those (we call them flex-fuel engines), but this is changing quickly, as 70% of the new cars made here come with flex-fuel engines. Finally, all the gasoline sold in Brazil already comes with 20% ethanol in it.
Whether it is a viable alternative for the rest of the world or not is a whole other story…
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-25-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
Eric...ehthanol is not nearly as efficient as gasoline. You are not going to get great gas mileage. Plan on losing 2 to 3 miles per gallon. So when you do the math, it is a wash. the good thing is, it will take away some dependency from foreign oil. Hydrogen will be the big change if it will ever happen. I work in the heart of the auto industry. I supply, Toyota,GM,Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan, Mazada,and Kia and many more. We are far from real big break throughs. Honda is suppose to be releasing a hydrogen powered car within the next couple years. But it seems to keep getting pushed back. Just remember this: A pile of cow poop puts out more CO2 emissions a day than that of an automobile. And if take the number of cattle compare it to cars. You get the point.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-25-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
www.teslamotors.com

It can be done. This is one amazing car.

Ethanol (or any brilliant idea touted by our government)is a waste of time and will only have us competing for land usage in the future - use the land to generate food for a quickly increasing world population or use it to create fuel. Something will have to give.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
"quickly increasing world population"

Just what we need more people!!!

Ya, global warming is a joke, the water is 55* already, air into the 30's at night....wheres the warming!!! This is mid october weather.
Old     (rs1071)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-25-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Upload

This was after the air warmed up enough for the gauge to read. Apparently Mastercrafts don't read air temps below 40. I think the water temp was 59. It's the coldest I've ever ridden in and it was two weeks ago.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-26-2007, 4:28 AM Reply   
We also have had the worst summer in the past 100 years, in northern Europe. Global warming is a joke. But if all the climate scientists admitted that, they were wrong about the global warming and everything infact is pretty normal, they would be without a job, so that is the reason why, they want tell us differently about the climate
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Cas - Thank you so much for confirming this for us. Our news media constantly makes these broad claims about this summer being the hottest on record everywhere in the world, and people here believe it because they aren't able to go to places like northern Europe to see for themselves.

And yes, the climate scientists want to get big grants from the government to keep getting a nice fat paycheck. If the population isn't scared, then there isn't any urgency in researching this stuff and it doesn't need to be funded, so they have to keep the alarmism at a fever pitch.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/633d030a-6c5d-11dc-a0cf-0000779fd2ac.html...Stupid Fruitcake! Hey Al...give up your private jet you Jack@$$
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-26-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
I saw a report last week where a scientists is predicting that global warming will cause a "localized" ice age in Europe. They have all the bases covered, anything that happens is the result of global warming. It's all just away to get us to pay more taxes or dollars for energy.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-26-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
Hey, Ethanol is not a joke. Whether or not it will be a viable replacement for gasoline in the future is debatable, but here are 2 of my favorite stocks that cash in on the ethanol movement. Monsanto corp makes farming products and a genetically engineered corn seed, and Archer Daniels Midland, a farming company that just happens to be the biggest producer of ethanol in the nation. Now, take a look at the charts, and you'll see how I got the money to buy my new Nautique for cash.... no foolin. As long as there are environmentalists, I'll be buying and selling the mindset along side them, and taking full advantage of being a bit more rational than they are.

Upload

Upload

Upload

(Message edited by Monkey on September 26, 2007)
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-26-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
still chillin out at a steady pace over here in Green Bay Wisconsin. Waters about 60 and dropping about 2-4 degrees a week. Hopefully we'll be out on the water till about halloween, possibly a little after. Drysuits Rock. As far as Global Warming...i'll keep my opinions to myself haha
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Congrats on your success Tim.
Old     (wake_trasher)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-29-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
I think its a buch of crap!!!
did u know it takes THREE times the amount of energy to build a HYBRID than it takes to build 1 hummer.... did u know that??
I think is just the earths NATURAL way to slowy warm things up. we had to come out of the ice age some how so now the process is just continuing.... thats all.
Ya were running out of gas and oil so we really need more fuel effient cars but trucks and burning the gas itself i think is NOT what is causing it.
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
no more water in our sloo
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-30-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Cold as all heck on the D today. The air was nice but water temp was not so friendly. Pulled the block and manifold plugs, took the hoses off and put her away for the winter :-(
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
Global warming would rock. Just think of how many new lakes there would be up north that are all frozen now. At least there wouldn't be a problem finding an empty lake to ride on. Maybe some day we can all ride in Antarctica. Although all of our lakes here in Georgia would probably be boiling by then.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-03-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
2"-7" of Snow above 3500ft tonight. Never seen it this early in the year. Last 2 years have been record/close to it snowfall. Temps so far are 6-10 degrees lower then normal. Warming? NOT!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-03-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
It's been frigid in Southern California. Down to about 82 today. Brrrrrr.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-04-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
High of 51. Low 41 tonight. Low last night was 40.
Local mountains have snow.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-04-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Last pic is the Whistler Peak Gondola being built.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
Holy frejoles, it's going to be a cold, snowy winter! A friend told me he drove though snow flurries this weekend in the pass, and I guess this confirms it.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-11-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote - "I think is just the earths NATURAL way to slowly warm things up. we had to come out of the ice age some how so now the process is just continuing.... thats all.
Ya were running out of gas and oil so we really need more fuel efficient cars but trucks and burning the gas itself i think is NOT what is causing it."

You're dead right mate, there's a warming trend going on all over the solar system. The moon is warming up and they don't even have cars up there... (http://seoblackhat.com/2007/03/04/global-warming-on-mars-pluto-triton-and-jupiter/)

I heard somewhere Volcanoes produce about 75% of all greenhouse gasses anyway.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
The weather is crazy in TN, it was 92 on Wednesday, but the high was 74 today, and it's 48 out there right now.

but it's supposed to be a high of 70 this weekend, but get back close to 90 on monday.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2007, 4:32 AM Reply   
This was the first summer that San Antonio did not hit 100 degrees in over 20 years.

Fun Fact
It would be more beneficial to the enviorment to become a vegeterarian than to trade in your 5 mile per gallon truck for a hybrid. Reason...cows produce a lot of methane gas.