Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (cake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
I'm looking for 2004 Ski Centurian Avalanche opinions. I'm considering buying one and don't know alot about this brand. Thanks.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-15-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
I have an 05 C4 edition with about 50 hours. Very happy with it so far. Had a 2000 Centurion Sport Bowrider previously and Centurion has definitely come a long way with fit and finish since 2000. Just getting into wakeboarding, so someone else could probably tell you more about the wake characteristics. Rides extremely well in rough water and there is a ton of room for people/ballast/or my personal favorite, stereo in this boat. Let me know if there is anything in specific I can answer for ya.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       08-15-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
I love mine. I have an 05 C4 edition and I love it. It's my first boat so I don't have much to base it on but nothing to complain about. Its more than enough wake for myself (beginner/intermediate) and my friend (intermediate). I have the stock ballast but will be adding 800lbs in fatsacs because I got them and the pumps for $60. Not that I need it and I may be dead after this weekend hitting the wake but ought to be interesting.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
I have an 05 C4 - 330 hours in the last 13 months. Great boat, we removed the factory hard tanks in the rear and replaced with 400 lb sacks. Pro quality wake with only 1500 lbs in the boat.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
Centurion changed their hull in 05' to a 22* (Dead-rise hull). 04 had a nice wake, but the 05 is a little better in my opinion. they both have a great wake w/ no added ballast.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
The Avalnache hull came out in 2001 or 2002 the hull has NEVER changed on the Avalanche.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
oh yes it was -- the hull was changed in 05' the first avy was 01'
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Sorry The Avalanche has not changed.
The Lighning was changed to a Lighning C4 and went to the newer hull. That happend in 05 but the Avalanche hull has never changed.

This this picture of an 02 Avalanche hullUpload
Old    r3612            08-19-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Kevin is 100% correct. Hull on the Avy has not changed. The only hull to have changed was the lightning/hurricane. They changed that hull to be more in line with the Avy and Cyclone. The original Hurricane(now lightning) hull was a an old mold from Centurion which has worked well, but they tweaked that to get more performance and wake characteristics out of that particular boat.

The avy is a solid boat. Wake is great and ride is nothing but world class. Cuts through chop like butter. The boat does require some extra weight beyond the factory to get to advanced level, but what 22 ft boat doesn't.

All in all a huge boat with tons of storage and wake creating machine. One key feature to make sure the boat has is a hydraulic wakeplate. Would never buy a Centurion without one.