Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    mexiry            05-16-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Couple friends and I have just recently taken up wakesurfing. We have a 04 mb sport B52 and have had some problems getting the wake just right. We usally fill one tank up and put all the people we have on the boat on that same side. We just can seen to get the wake to get big enough or get it to break right. We are all pretty big guys(215lbs all the way to 265lbs)so if the weight IN the boat is not the problem, is the problem our fat lard asses being dragged behind the boat, are we just too ginormus? We cruise at around 10 mph and use a 5'6" Landlock. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!}
Old    hyperryd            05-16-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
We surf all the time behind my '04 B-52. What side do ride on. I find the driver's side has a much nicer wake than the passenger side. We run one side tank full, 260lbs of lead in the very nose and about five people on the same side. The wake is large and very firm. We ride at 11 mph and crank the stereo.

(Message edited by hyperryd on May 16, 2005)
Old     (jeremyog)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
I'm surprised to hear John say that the wake on the drivers side is any good. With the lefthand prop rotation that the B52 has it makes the wake alot cleaner on the passenger side. I have a 04 B52 and we can surf with just filling the passenger side tank. The best wake for us so far has been to fill pass side tank. Fill drivers side about 1/4 to 1/3. I have lead bricks that run up the pass side almost up to the battery. I've put about 120lbs of hex dumbells in the back corner on pass side. Only about 100lbs in the bow. Might add a little more bow weight later. This whole set up throws out a huge wave. You shouldn't have any problem with the landlock. You might want to check out the Liquid Force Skim Surf's. They are a little easier for big guys to ride IMO and they don't have a tendency(sp?) to nose dive.
Old    hyperryd            05-18-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
You might check out the new 6'1" landlock that just came out as well.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-18-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have an 05 B52 with the Triple Up ballast system. We run 500# in the bow and 800# on the left side and 1 100# kid sitting on the left. I ride a Shred Stixx Blowfish. It's 5'8" X 22" X 2 5/8" thick. I am 6' 195#. It's really easy to stay in the pocket on a board that size. Here is a link to a post I put pictures of my wake on. John Boy Holmes on Dec 30, 04 are the pics.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/200107.html?1115846717
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    clubjoeskier            05-18-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
I had a guy tell me to fill both sides of my ballast (Calabria) because the key is displacement in general, AND weighted to one side...

I found that filling just one side reduced the overall size of my wave, cuz the added weight to the side remained the same...I found it worked fine with 2 midgets on the boat, driver side, in 10ft of water....2cents

I do have to adjust speed when depth or passenger count changes...