Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    blindsiderider            11-07-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
I am starting to build a wakeboard site (not to compete with WW) and I designed this logo on photoshop what do people think of this design. I will be big enough to take the good with the bad
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-07-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Tony, its a good start.

Few pointers:

1. Make the wakeboard a little wider and more of a solid lighter color which in turn will give more contrast and bring out the WakeWizard.com

2. Do you have the logo in a vector format such as .eps or .ai? Don't know how familiar you are with design but I would make the logo in vector format or a very high resolution bitmap format. What that does is give you the flexibility to have the logo in various ways such print, shirts, decals, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
He needs a bigger board... he would never be getting the air that is shows in the picture with that size of a board... Unless he was a magician or something, .... oh wait

www.enemyofevilclothing.com
Old    blindsiderider            11-07-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
I do have it in EPS format I was kind of stumped on the board color and size. I tried to get fancy with the text and first made it chrome text but it was to hard to read. so I went back to what you see maybe,if like you said the board was wider I could then make the text larger which hopefully would make it easier to see. Thanks
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-07-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
Looks awesome!! Nice job! One more pointer, his fingers should wrap arround the handle, it looks like the handle is stuck to his knuckles, other than that, looks great! Good luck with the new site, be sure to keep us updated on your progress!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Looks familiar...http://www.wakeworld.com/wizard/

WakeWorld Board Wizard
Old    blindsiderider            11-07-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yeh the handle part was kicking my but. I guess I need to play with that a little more and see if I can get it better. Thanks for the input everyone keep it coming. I am also working on the wizard doin a big raley. I think that will look pretty cool when I am done also.
Old    blindsiderider            11-07-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
sort of looks familiar but that wizard is a GIF image that is all over the web except for the board shorts you added
Old    blindsiderider            11-07-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
this is the wizard I am talking about
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Don't forget the sunglasses and thongs!
Old    veganx            11-07-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet...His stance is set WAY back. Other than that and what others have said, it looks pretty good. The board looks like a Blindside Stingray. :-)
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-07-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
to me it looks like he is on a wakeskate, cause that board seems too small for him, also he has that ollie motion look
Old    1lowe            11-08-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey, I think he is on a wakeskate too. Maybe just increase the size of the board and change the colour for the background of the words www.wakewirzard.com. Otherwise, I think it is amazing! I want to learn how to make one of those.
Old    1lowe            11-08-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hey, I think he is on a wakeskate too. Maybe just increase the size of the board and change the colour for the background of the words "wakewizard.com". Otherwise, I think it is amazing! I want to learn how to make one of those.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-23-2003, 11:29 PM Reply   
If you want help with designing a logo or graphic check out www.meganmccurdy.com she is a graphic designer and my sister she designed my longboard company logo check it out www.organicride.com.
But get in touch with her if you need advice.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-30-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
My opinion, I think it's very close to what's been done already. Whether you copied it or never saw it before, Dave showed you how wakeworld uses it. I'd check it out before you market it.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-02-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
No offense, but I think the logo is stupid. I would try to come up with someting else. And no I probably couldn't do better and no I am not trying to be offensive. Just giving honest feedback.
Old    blindsiderider            12-02-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
Well here is the newer version with changed board and handle let me hear it now
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-02-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey Tony did you get evertyhing to work out in Illustrator or did you end up doing it in PS.? Looks good, maybe touch up the "nipple" on the nose of the board.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-02-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
i love the blindside assasin he is riding now.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-03-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
i think i see his ...
Old    jetgofish            12-03-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
The logo looks great, I would make the hand that's holding the rope a little bigger, it's looks really small and wierd compared to his bicep and the other hand....Maybe make the nipple on the nose of the board smaller too! Looks great though 100x's better than anything I could do!
Old    emoney            12-03-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey Tony are you ever going to get those pics to me? Let me know, Eric - PIER
www.pierx.com
Old    blindsiderider            12-03-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
Eric I sent them to your new email address last week I will send again
Old    tfdhyprider            12-03-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
the board looks better! Check out the rider...hes got huge guns man thats awesome!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-04-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
A few thoughts:

'Wake Wizard'. I first think of a more of a technical wake rider. Possible a slider expert. What doesn't come to mind is a super buff balls to the wall wakeboarder with blue cloak.

I picture a more slender rider (wizard) doing a nose press on a slider with some intersting things happening in the background such as a lightening storm or strange cloud effects. Possibly take a background shot from the redbull depth charge event. Also, the cloak should be a shade of gray if not black or white.