Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-11-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
I am thinking about buying (2) pair of the WS Pro 60's for my new SAN 230. My question is what amp to use. Here are my choices along with the power into each speaker. I currently have the Audison in my possesion and my preference is to us this but am not sure it has enough power. The others I would have to buy and sell the Audison.

Audison LRX 2.4 (115 per) running into 2 ohm load
WS SYN 2 (175 per) running into 2 ohm load
WS SYN 4 (125 per)
JL HDM 600.4 (150 per)

I will be running another JL HDM 600.4 for my (3) paris of JL inboat speakers, a JL 750.1MHD on (2) JL 10W6's in a ported box.

THe boat comes stock with a Polk 10" free air sub behind the driver. I hate to waste this space and am thinking about putting in a JL 10" infinate baffle sub and run in off the WS SYN Micro. Is this a waste. Should I just put a fake cover on this spot and forget it?

I am also planning on buying the WS 420 to control everything.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-11-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
Audison - no - not enough power

Syn 2 - yes - perfect match

Syn 4 - no - based on the choices you listed, there are better amps for the setup

JL HDM - yes - will work just fine and match the rest of your system

My first choice would be the Syn 2 and second would be the JL HD.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-11-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
I have the WS Syn 2 pushing 4 Pro 60s. They sound great.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-11-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Sent you a PM Heath. I didn't realize you were in KY.....
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-11-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Syn2 powering 1 set of Pro80s here without issues, Syn2 for pro60s you will be just fine too..
Good luck
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-12-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Bump For Tim?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
He's gonna say the Syn2 would be ideal.

I spoke with Guyver and Justin yesterday about my boat and a couple customers boats and that's the general concensus, using the Syn2 for 2 pair of Pro80/60's.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-12-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
Yup, SYN-2 is perfect match for pair or 2 pairs of 60's or 80's

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-13-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
You wrote "THe boat comes stock with a Polk 10" free air sub behind the driver. I hate to waste this space and am thinking about putting in a JL 10" infinate baffle sub and run in off the WS SYN Micro. Is this a waste. Should I just put a fake cover on this spot and forget it?"

I have a JL M10IB behind the drivers seat in a large compartment, it's amazing how well it does, puts out just as much as my other M10 in a sealed box on the other side of my boat. Do yourself a favor and put a IB JL sub in there, you won't be sorry.. Putting a fake cover in the spot would be a huge waste..
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Hmm, I would've thought the syn-4 would be better since it's made for 4 speakers and has a higher total output available. So, is there is ever any downside then to putting a heavier load on the amp (2 ohm vs. 4 ohm)? I guess you should always try and do a setup that is pushing the amp with a 2 ohm load to get the most of it when you can (assuming you need the power) and only do a 4 ohm load when there isn't a sensible 2ohm load configuration? Is that the right way to look at it?
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
The Syn 2 in stereo 2 ohm puts out a crazy amount of power........
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
Heath,
Check my post about my 210 stereo. You will be wasting your time with an infinite baffle sub in the stock location. I left mine as a 'dead' accesory and installed a sealed 12. I switched over to all wetsounds amps running through ws420 and let me tell you it is all the power one will ever need. I have run Kicker, Cadence, Polk, and other what I thought to be high end audio amps. The Syn amps by Wetsounds are the real deal and are by far the cleanest and most underrated power I have dealt with.

If you have the FCT3 tower like I do then Make sure the 60's will fit with the Z5 rack. I was told that the 485's were the best option. I ultimately went with 4 Bullet 770's to save headroom and am pleased (Sorry Tim I have been a ws faithful). I will say that my previous nautique had 4 Ws60's on the tower with the Cadence ZRS2002 (before ws made amps and bought from them with their recomendation) and it killed it!

The new FCT3 poses issues for tower speakers though. That is if you still want to use the Z5 which is a great option.

You should also check out the Ws group buy from Planet Nautique.

And use some high end wire whatever you do, biggest lesson I learned through 4 boat installs (all personal boats) if you are going to drop 2K on audio equiment use some high end cable!
Holler at me if you have any other ?'s about the stereo on the Nautique.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-14-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
I've learned that what the guys at ws suggest is solid advice. They know their products. If you are set on pro 60s grab that syn2 and be happy!

By the way, I just ordered my 2010 230 and I'm going back with another z5 rack and 2 485s. I didn't have any fitment issues on my 09 230. I just haven't heard anything that can compair to two 485s on a syn4.

Oh and I don't know what kind of batteries that you guys are planning on running but I just picked up two 3100 series batts from www.bowerbatteries.com I can't wait to wire these 80lbers up!

Last edited by chattwake; 03-14-2010 at 4:08 PM.