Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            01-22-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
or maybe it's Kelly Slater - I get the two of us confused SO EASILY :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdfWtqmZUt8
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       01-22-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Is it the balding head?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Jeff, did you lose a little weight?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Jeff here is a kind of funny story. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. I think it was around 95 or 96 there was the Sebastian Inlet King of the Peak contest. Sebastian Inlet was Kelly Slater's launching pad. Well anyway, my wife and I drive up there to watch it. Slater was going to be there surfing in the expression session. So the contest is going on and my wife and I are sitting on the beach watching. She keeps asking "where is he at"? I try to shoosh her repeatedly. He was sitting with his girlfriend at the time about five feet away from us. Seeing him on video is one thing. Watching him surf in person is truly inspiring. That guy has so much talent it is not even funny. Truly one of the best surfers of our time.
Old    surfdad            01-22-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Dennis, I KNEW you'd bust my chops on something, could guess if it was the fact that Kelly and I have the same haircut, or...I was waiting for a comment on the polar white wetsuit! :-)

Ed, and I grew several inches in height too!

Matt, that's s funny story. I can't even imagine how much talent that man has, the power he displays in the videos is simply amazing.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       01-22-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Jeff,
I held my tongue regarding your tan and Kelly's wetsuit.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-26-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
I had NO idea someone was filming me when i was doing that!!!! i guess when you have skillz like mine you just never know when someone is going to pull out a camera...

(Message edited by goatroper222000 on January 26, 2008)