Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-28-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
With the order of our new boat, my dad got thrown in a set of bindings of my choice. I can get any company and any model, but don't have the chance to try any on or demo them on the water. I want something high end with a soft footbed because I have problems with my heels. I'm leaning toward either the new closed toe Murray's or the hinge tec Zeus's, but am open to any suggestion. Any opinions guys?; price is not a factor
Not that it matters but I ride a HL parks...
Old    walt            01-28-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
I never tried the Murray's but I own the 06 Zeus and really like them so far.
Old    aceofspades            01-29-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
i tried on the murray's at the boat show they were super comfy almost like shoes.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
06 zeus
06 murray
06 watson

these are the best ones i've tried on this year.
Old    michigan_moomba            01-29-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
I have the 05 Murray's and they are the best ones that I have ever rode with. I have also used the Split's/States, Watson's, and the Alpha's. I liked the Watson's, but the Murray's are by far the most comfortable, best hold, and best fitting that I have used.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, it's final. After a couple weeks of being on the edge of my seat and 4 consecutive weekends of demoing boats with the dad in the fall, we finalized the order of the X1. I don't know how I'm going to last these last months of winter with this much anticipation (it's our first wakeboat). And oh yeah, I went with the Zeus's mainly cause I like the innovativeness (word?) of the hinge tec and ease of entry... Once again thanks for everthing and the second we pick up the ride in the spring you all will be the first to see some pics.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
You made the right decision. Your dad made the right decision. Now you better be the best son ever! Congrats.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-30-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
the zeus's are great bindings but they are not right for everyone. they seem to have a really locked-in stiff feel. if this is what you like then they will be perfect but if you are tweaking the s#!t out of your grabs then there are better bindings.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Well come to think of it, should I get the Zeuses in a large instead of a medium?? My foot size is about a 9.5...The site says mediums are for size 8-10. I don't want to outgrow them in a season. Anyone have any suggestions; I need an answer by tomorrow if I'm gonna change. Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I'd get the Large. I have a size 8 foot and they are tight. As for tweaking, it's what i do (check my profile pic), if you want them a little looser you just don't cinch the laces as tight.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-30-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
the 06 CWB zues with the hinge

so far best binding out there
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-30-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Get the large, they run small
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-31-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Large!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-31-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
get the large--they do run a little smaller compared to last year's bindings. I have a size 9.5 and wear the medium bindings, but I like them super tight. The Zeus bindings are the best bindings I have ever had---you will love them!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
I ride the zeus. I have a size ten and ride a large. It depends also on foot width. I stretched mine out and they are perfect.

If you like the LF binding and the Murray binding, you should also try the CWB Fuse. It's stiff like the Murray boot.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-31-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I went with the large. Now I just gotta wait for the lake to thaw...
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
good job on the binding decision and the boat. and also, if you find that you dont like the bindings, sell them in the classified section or on ebay!
what extras did you order with the boat?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-01-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Here's the options on the boat (its our first wakeboat, we didn't go too overboard):
Center ballast along with 2 standard rear
MC cover
ballasts
Tower mirror
2 Tower speakers with integrated forward lights
2 rear facing tower lights
Four speaker stereo system
MP3 input jack
Stereo transom remote
4 docking pull out cleats
Flip up bolster seat

Colors: Black hull, orange deck, orange X1 decal, white gelcoat stripe, grey themed interior with orange and black accents, all orange single axle trailer.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-01-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
NICE(brand) BINDINGS!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-01-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
thanks sooo much for the advice ^
Old     (dblake12)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-03-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
I am debating on buying some 05 zeus and I wear size 11. The place where I am buying them from are cheap cheap! They only have XL so I was wondering what people thought, if they would fit me or not, because XL supposedly fits 12-13. Thanks