Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-25-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
my girls dad is looking at a Malibu echelon
And he is into sufing.wat flyhigh sacs do you think would be good for this boat.I told him pair of v drive sacs 400 each and a fat sac 700.
700 in the rear 400t to lean it over and the other un the closed bow.would it be hard to ride a phase five wih that wake.

Thanks
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-25-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
You might be ok on the Oogle depending on the riders size. I use to surf behind a Malibu Sportster DD on a 5'6" Landlock. Now I have a Sanger V210 and ride a Phase Five Prop which is a 4'6" board. I would not have been able to ride the Prop behind my Sportster even with the wedge and ballast.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-25-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm 200lbs and can surf a Coex 4.4 in my Sunsetter, but I'm running close to 1500 lbs of ballast plus the wedge.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
i would say test it out first, i have a 99malibu response, which i believe is the same size and shape as the old echelon, and i can surf just fine, any board. test first, thenj buy
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-25-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
wat weight do u have in it
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-26-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
It depends on your weight and what board your are riding. The phase 5 will ride any size wake as long as your in the weight limit of the board. It if is a ridable size wake you should have no problem. Just because they are smaller and skinnier they are actually one of the few boards Built to free ride on a small wave or wake. Like a Skimboard.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-26-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Drew that makes sense. I was just starting out wakesurfing when I had my Sportster and my Landlock board. Now that my skills have progressed, I probably could ride my Phase 5 on a smaller wave.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-26-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Drew have you ever rode behind a small inboard??i really want to kow what i would have to do to ride behind that boat.I am 175 and ride the danielo large.I can ride probly just fine cause i can ride anything.I am talking about landing tricks on a small wake and keeping up.

Has anyone used that inboard surf sac from FLYHIGH??
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-28-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
i have rode behind small inboards. i use to have a centurion cyclone it is a 21 ft boat. the wake was smaller you just have to ride behind it aluittle and learn the wake the more time on the water the more you will figure out.