Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-30-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Have a dual
Battery setup and need to replace my starter battery. Boat is up north and don't have access to the specs
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
I've had great luck with my D3100's from www.4xspower.com.

2+ seasons with huge systems and they are still going strong.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-30-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
You'll at least need to know what group size you currently have installed, so the new battery you purchase will fit in your battery compartment or battery box. Group 24 or 27 are the most common sizes in wake boats from what I've seen. Chatt's suggestion is very overkill unless you tie up for hours on end and your sound system demands a large amount of power. Just about any group 24 marine battery has plenty of power to fire over a V8 inboard. Keep in mind if you don't have the old battery with you when you purchase a new one, you'll have to pay a core charge until you return the old one.

My Indmar engine manual says "Your engine uses a special 12-volt marine battery. If replacement is needed, use only a marine battery with minimum 650 cold cranking amps at 0 degrees F." I had group 24 Interstate Marine batteries that came in my boat from the dealer. They lasted 3 seasons and i replaced them with Walmart specials - Everstart Marine group 24's. They are $65 a piece and are doing great on their 2nd season of use. Academy Sports & Outdoors also has great prices on Marine batteries.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
I'm using the VMax ChargeTanks this year after seeing how awesome they performed in my friends boat last year.
http://store03.prostores.com/servlet...ies/Categories
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-30-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Like bhyatt said you need to know what group size. I would look at the Deka dual purpose series(DP24, DP27) or Interstate SRM(SRM24, SRM27) series if you what best bang for your buck. If you want to spend some more a Deka 8A24M or 8A27M would be a great choice for AGM type batteries. Some may also depend on what you have for your stereo bank and how often the starting and stereo banks are in parallel although I don't think it is as big of a deal as some try to make it out to be.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-30-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Got one at Costco that lasted 5 or 6 years till I sold my old boat. I bought a new Napa brand one last July and it was toast this spring already. They only have a 3-month free replacement (on a 24-month prorated warranty) so I had to pay about half again to get a replacement. Lame since I only used it a few times last year. Will not be buying another Napa battery.