Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    azgirl            07-01-2003, 11:34 PM Reply   
Hi everyone!
I am posting here to see if I could make some new friends who are into going to the lake and wakeboarding. I have been deprived of the lake due to lake of money and a non-wakeboarder boyfriend. However, I have a board and am ready to hit the lakes this summer. I am a begginer and I love to just hang out and watch people do tricks. E-mail me at luvmysaki@aol.com and let me know what's going on.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-02-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
"lake of money" - and I thought it grew on trees!
Old    azgirl            07-02-2003, 12:09 AM Reply   
lol I meant lack of money.. you can tell what's on my mind
Old    lostnhre            07-02-2003, 12:46 AM Reply   
I wanna go to the lake too!!!!
Old    badfish            07-02-2003, 1:20 AM Reply   
Hey whats up, I go to bartlett 3-5 times a week during summer and will continue to go after freshman year starts at ASU, so if you want to ride we would love to have more females out behind the boat rippin it up. Email: califire@cox.net
Old    leggester            07-02-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
Dane - you're a cruel, cruel, DAWG!
Old    azgirl            07-02-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
I am excited to hear from wakeboarders in AZ who post here. This website is Bad Ass! I hope to hear from locals my age who are down to make a new friend to take to the lakes.
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-02-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Just to let you know, I would take you even if your not. Anyone who is stoked about the sport can ride!

Ross
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       07-02-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
Jessica, I'm moving to Phoenix in August and am also looking for people to ride with. We should hook up, it's always fun to ride with other girls :-) Also noticed you're an ASU grad, I'll be attending in Fall, did you ever check out the wakeboard club there?
Old    lostnhre            07-02-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
Does the wakeboard club have a website?
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       07-02-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
Nick, not really. This was all I could come up with in a search, but I have exchanged emails with the president a couple times. It sounds just like a group of people who ride, I don't think they do competitions or anything like that.

http://sacs3.vpsa.asu.edu/sd/sorc/search.asp?org_code=579
Old    lostnhre            07-02-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like they even meet together much...LOL
Old     (mtbkracr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
the asu wakeboard club......we met once at dos gringos for lunch. i think all of us just ran out of time to put something together. i can always use another person on the boat. if any of you guys can meet me at my house or at the lake im up for taking whoever as long as they earn their keep
Old    lukem            07-02-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
well i live in iowa, but if i lived in az i would love to go ride with you.
Old    badfish            07-02-2003, 9:11 PM Reply   
There is the Arizona Wakeboard Association also that has full fledged competitions and wakeboard clinics, etc. on Lake Pleasant every month or so. I am attending ASU next year and hope to help the wakeboard club grow even bigger, and could use some more info about wakeboarders at ASU.
Old    azgirl            07-02-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
Thanks so much to all you cool people who replied to my post! I am so stoked to get back into wakeboarding, and I am proud to be excited about such a cool sport. I have a feeling I am going to make some really cool friends this year. I will try to e-mail everyone who is nice enough to offer to take me with.
Old    azgirl            07-03-2003, 12:17 AM Reply   
What is everyone doing for 4th of July weekend? Is it too crazy to go to the lakes this weekend?
Old    lostnhre            07-03-2003, 12:36 AM Reply   
if you want to have nice water, you have to be at the lake when the sun rises, which is kinda early....It starts getting busy around 9am
Old    lostnhre            07-03-2003, 12:39 AM Reply   
I wish I could be at the lake, but unfortunately I don't have a boat yet, so I have to depend on others :-(....I'm still in school. but as soon as I'm out I'm buying one....
Old    badfish            07-03-2003, 12:39 AM Reply   
I was thinking about surfing instead, but still going out for the 4th. You dont need good water to surf, just friends in the boat.
Old    byazn            07-03-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
I will be up at Bartlett at 5:00am on the 4th. Anyone else be there?
Old    azgirl            07-10-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hi everyone. I have gotten so many invites to lakes here in AZ and I love this message board. Thank you all for your love of wakeboarding and making new friends and keep sending me invites! :-)
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Jessica, Leslie
You really should look into the AWA!!! Your profile picture is sick, Leslie! If you can bust that in comp you'll do good for sure.

http://www.azwakeboardassoc.com/

By the way, I don't have a boat and I ride about 2-3 times a week. Mostly b/c of all the hook ups with new friends in the AWA. So, even if you're not going to compete, it's still benificial to get out there and hang out to meet new people.
Old    wakefreak            07-11-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
Jessica,
Check out the AWA web site at azwakeboardassoc.com. We have a bunch of girls that compete at the competitions. In addition the girls usually get together a few times to ride in between the comps. Try to get involved in the AWA you will meet a ton of really cool people!
In addition to all the AWA activity, I try to take the AWA's Supra out a couple of times a week. We avoid going out on the weekends. You would be more than welcome to come out with us sometime.
You can contact me at theawa@hotmail.com
Hope to see you out on the water!!!
Chrissy Bugg
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       07-14-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Danny and Jessica, I will definitely check that out in about a month or so, sounds fun
Old    azgirl            07-14-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
I just wanted to let everyone know what a great weekand I had thanks to this message board!
I went to Lake Pleasant Friday and Sunday with some new friends who responded to this post. We had so much fun and I excited to meet more people who love to hang at the lake.
Jessica.