Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-04-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Hey Folks needed some help. I am looking at two boats around the same price and hours. Both seem to be in great condition. I am going to use this boat for mainly recreational use. Some wakeboarding, learning to surf and tubing for the family. Which boat is a better option? Which one will hold a better value? there both around the same size and features from what I can see. Thanks for the help in advance!

-Sal
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-04-2014, 8:48 PM Reply   
The malibu will have a better wakeboard wake, a nicer interior with a little nicer vinyl, and hold its value better. The avalanche will have a far better surf wave and handle choppy water way better. If theyre the same price and the same options i would lean to the Malibu. The VLX is just higher end boat in my opinion.
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-04-2014, 9:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Tony. Thats the push I needed!!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-05-2014, 12:55 AM Reply   
I concur with Tony. The Avalanche should have a better surf wave. I would lean towards that, but then again I'm surf biased.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-05-2014, 6:22 AM Reply   
VLX all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
I agree with above. The VLX is as more desirable model and will hold value better.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
Have to agree with boardman. While centurion makes great boats that produce a great wake when it comes time to sell a Malibu is going to sell quicker. Right wrong or indifferent its the way it is. Either way your gonna be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
I agree with above. The VLX is as more desirable model and will hold value better.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
For me this would be an easy decision. VLX.
Better wake IMO
Value will hold much better on the VLX
Overall look of the VLX is sooooo much better to me

I'm not saying the C4 is a bad boat because it's not. It does a lot of things very well, but if it were my money I would go VLX

Good luck
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-05-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
I agree with the others for the most part. The VLX is going to throw the better wakeboard wake(although not sure how much it matter to a beginner and the Avalanche doesn't need much weight to throw a pretty good wakeboard wake) and is a "nicer/more luxurious" boat. The Avy will surf far better and will ride in rough water much better. As for the holding value/resale value I think it is hogwash, 100% complete and total hogwash. Absolutely, 100%, don't make your decision on which one you think will hold it's value better.

It would be a tough decision for me and would probably come down to which one was cleaner, lower hours, optioned better and which one I liked the looks(color scheme) better. Actually the most important thing for me would be which one I thought I was getting for a better "deal".
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-05-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the input that's exactly what I was looking to hear!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-05-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
I do not agree .i just sold my centurion that i bought new in 08 sale price was 13k more than i paid for it
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-05-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Harold, that is awesome but again has little to do with a boat having good resale. It 99.9% has to do with you buying your boat after ish hit the fan and you could buy boats for 50 cents on the dollar. In 08 I think a wakeworld member bought a 2003/2004 Supra 22SSV that was loaded and with good colors for like 17k or some crap like that. The boat is worth 30k right now, 5 or 6 years later. Just like your boat.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-05-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
I do not agree .i just sold my centurion that i bought new in 08 sale price was 13k more than i paid for it
HAHA. Not everyone keeps their boat as nice as you did, Harold. I went by NW Boat Sports and checked it out last week. The ballast upgrades, new carpet and switch blade for sure increased the resale. Pictures of his boat can be seen here. http://www.nwboatsports.com/#!invent...c2=2008_falcon

As for the boat I would have to agree with everyone about the VLX. I love mine as a true recreational machine.

I was never able to get very good, clean wakeboard wake from the C4 platform boats. It was always washed out on one side which didn't really affect the actual wake but since I am a horrible wakeboarder and marginal wakeskater it messed with my mind.

On the flip side, if you are only going to surf it is probably one of the best bangs for the buck out there. I would have no problem spending money on a 2008 Centurion Avy if we were just sole surfing.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-05-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Spencer do you guys have measurements for custom sacks for the new 226 yet ??
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-05-2014, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Spencer do you guys have measurements for custom sacks for the new 226 yet ??
Not for the latest gen and all 226 sacs we have done are different sizes. I can run down and get something drawn up for you. Email us with the specs you want and I will make it happen. sales@wakemakers.com
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-05-2014, 12:41 PM Reply   
If your pulling tubes, buy the Malibu. It put out a better tube wake by far!!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-05-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
If your pulling tubes, buy the Malibu. It put out a better tube wake by far!!
All day long. It's a real tube city here in the NW.