Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (03vlx)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
Shaun Murray's Backyard Tour spent the last two days in Dallas, Texas. What a blast! Laid back setting, very informal. Shaun, Gerry Nunn, Keith Lyman, Chris Bischof (sp?), Cobe Mikacich all had their boats there. Sand volleyball, Shaun's new gameWakeboarding Unleashed, was set up for anyone that wanted to play (Shaun wins if you play against him) Indio Board wars (Shaun wins if you play against him) and all the autographs you can carry. They would each take 5 people out (set up through the boat dealers) in the morning. Everyone would ride, get pointers, then they would throw a set. Very cool and stuff you will not see on tour. In the afternoon they would load up all the boats and go back out with each Pro thowing down about a 10 minute exibition each between all the boats. and believe it or not it was all free!
They are headed to Pheonix. If you are in that area, skip work, play hooky or what ever you need to do, but besure and stop out and see them.
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 5:23 PM Reply   
where else are they going?? Cali maybe??
Old    reefhunter            06-11-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
They're coming to Ohio. Right Lloyd

(Message edited by reefhunter on June 11, 2003)
Old    buttacup            06-11-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
W8kbdr-
They have two stops that I know of in Cali. They will be at Buena Vista (Lake Webb) In Aug for a few days and also in Irvine (after the pro tour stop). Here is the link: http://lloyd1.50megs.com/backyardtour/
Old    tombugg            06-11-2003, 11:33 PM Reply   
PHX AZ This weekend!!!
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
Thomas it will be good to ride with you again. We should get to AZ around 5 tomorrow. Greg has his trailer at Pleasant already and is going to take it over to Two Cow tomorrow... See you later.

Len
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
thanks ButtaCup!! i will be there for sure. i was at wssr, at bv, and it was ok, kinda windy and cold, but cool cool. hey i go to socal all the time; still lookin to hook up some pullz~ didnt know what ur doin. maybe i can hit ya up when im down there... holla

wakezone@hotmail.com
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-13-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
We are currently parked in 2 Cow Cove (7a.m. Friday the 13th!!) beautiful spot. Joe's description was perfect. Nick Weinacker is also with Bisch. Check out website for more schedule particulars (who will be at each stop) . I will be updating the later stops when I return home early next week. Yes we will be stopping in Columbus and possibly adding a few mkore stops as well. The link above is correct but if you forget it - http://backyardtour.com will work also.
Lloyd
Old    aka Bradley Beach            06-13-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
Lloyd I can't believe you guys cancelled the Lake of the Ozarks stop??? I was going to go see the happenings. too bad. Reschedule???
Old    sickboy            06-13-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
Hey Lloyd, any chance of the BYT hitting Shasta for the Wakeworld gathering? A bunch of us will be there from July 6-13, although it looks like you'll be a little north of there. Oh well, what about Nor-Cal stops, any planned???

mb
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-13-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
Who from AZ is going today??
Old    steveaz            06-13-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
Aaron
I'm just heading out the door now (had to go to PT). Gage and Ang are already there riding with Gerry.

You can reach me on my cell.

Steve
Old    phlames73            06-13-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
they hittin oregon? or should i decide to go on a road trip?
Old     (03vlx)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
Looks like a road trip July 7 Radar (Redmon), WA
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-14-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Brad
We were very dissappointed when we had to cancel the L of Oz stop - however, they rescheduled the XGames and we had no choice. However, we are trying to see what we can do to at least stop somewhere in that area when we pass through on the way to Indy and Columbus. Keep watching the schedule.
Lucas - We will be in Oregon and there is a stop in Portland on July 1 but for reasons too complicated to explain in this post, it will probably not be on the schedule. We are also talking about adding a day with several other riders in the Portland area before or after the tour stop.
Lloyd
PS I am on my way home and will be updating the site by next week.
Old    steveaz            06-14-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Lloyd, it was great to meet you. We had a awesome time and Gage was pretty stoked he got to ride with Gerry and play Unleashed with Shawn, that was an awesome stop with so many of the pros there. Thank you very much for the time and effort you guys put into it, it really makes a great impression.

Steve

BTW, did you teach Shawn this trick..pretty cool though.

Here's a few more pics

Kieth Lyman...very impressive to watch..he goes huge!!!!

Gerry Nunn, with some of the better water conditions.

Shawn, spraying the boat, he just decapitated.

Old    phlames73            06-15-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
thank you Lloyd, how might one get tickets for this? and im a biggenner rider, only 17, what goes down at this thing?

thanks again guys,

Lucas
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-16-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
Lucas
No tickets needed... although if you want to ride in the A.M. you'll need to talk to a dealer listed for a spot. I will be posting a schedule (very loose) for what usually happens - keep looking at http://backyardtour.com after Wednesday.
Old    phlames73            06-16-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
thanks...for riding, does one need to be good, or can anyone do it?
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2003, 2:46 PM Reply   
Lucas... I rode with Gerry Nunn on Saturday and there was anyone and everyone who could land a spot on the boat. I bet if you don't get a spot on the boat to ride, if you show up with board in hand and give a nice puppy dog face, you'll get a pull in the pm. You'll even be able to be an honorary fat sack for the pro demo if you're in the right place at the right time... Go hang out! It's fun and FREE! Can't beat that.
Old    phlames73            06-17-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
sounds good to me, one last question, how does one land a spot on the boat, and does one need to bring their own board and what not? sorry about all the questions, this will be my first show, really, and most likely my only show...not the richest person, or living in the nicest family, so im restricted from doiong much on acount of me being the middle child and not well liked, lol, oh well, so i just want everything to be right and good. thanks guy

Lucas
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Lucas
FYI Shaun is a "middle child" and he did OK. So we'll see you at the stop.
Lloyd
PS I'm in Washington DC at Shaun's older brother's (Chris). He's typing now and says: (about Shaun and your middle child comment) middle children should be beaten up regularly so they have low self esteem and eventually drop out of college, where they will then become very wealthy professional wakeboarders.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
Damn! I knew my parents should of had one more!!
Old    phlames73            06-17-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
haha, yea, i dont think its too much my middle childness, its a whole mess of my dad leavin and blaming me...oh well, im good, but i will try to get there, i really want to. any suggestions on what to get signed? haha.

lloyd, you have to be one of the coolest dads around.

Lucas.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-18-2003, 3:51 AM Reply   
bring anything - board, shirts, whatever....
and... thanks.....
Lloyd
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-18-2003, 5:00 AM Reply   
Lloyd's the man!!
Old    phlames73            06-18-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
if i bring my sister, will he sign her head? :-p
j/k, alrighty, ill find somethin fun to get signed. thanks Lloyd.

Lucas
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2003, 12:48 PM Reply   
Lloyd
I just want to say great job on your new game. The game rips cann't stop playing it.

See you at the X-games
John
www.sac-wake.com
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-18-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Lucas
Shaun is always looking for something different -last years BYT "most unusual" thing to be autographed was a guy who said "my brother is a big fan of (Shauns) but he couldn't come - he had to work - so instead I brought his artificial leg for you to sign." Picture still should be at Wake World pictures from BYT 2002. http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=35&ImageID=44

John - "your new game" -- I assume you meant Shauns. Unfortunately, I have no connec$$$ion to the game. I'm lucky if they even let me play it for 3 minutes.

He's in Burley, Idaho tonight and tomorrow and on to Boise, then Portland.
http://backyardtour.com

Lloyd
Old    phlames73            06-18-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
doesnt have the portland dates up, or location...that going to be there soon? i think i hsve what i need to be signed...thanks. i might bring my prosthetic head.
:-p

Lucas
Old    shanday            06-23-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
I just hit the BYT in Boise, ID. I will never forget it... it was my birthday, we didn't sign up early enough to get a spot on the boat so we just showed up hoping to see Murray ride. AND DID WE SEE HIM RIDE!!! We rode in a boat right next to Murray as he rode. The dude's only been without the cast for about 2 mo. and he's throwin' all kinds of crazy stuff right in front of our noses. We even bummed a pull later with a couple guys cool enough to give a couple bums a lift.... thanx Day, thanx Murray, thanx Scott (hyperlite dude)!!! You're the best!!!!
Old    phlames73            06-23-2003, 8:51 PM Reply   
july first is comin up soon, and i was told thats when the portland stop was...is that still on, and where is it? hehe, yeah, impatiant i am, but that is becuase i cant wait.

Lucas
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
Well, I'm still waiting to see New Jersey on the list of Back Yard Tour stops, but of course, I'm not holding my breath. <g>
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-25-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
I'm pushing for NJ (or at least NY) next year (2004) and I'm thinkin it will happen.

Lucas - Yes the stop is on July 1 but it's not on the schedule (long story). Email me lmtwa@hotmail.com and I'll send you the directions - I just got them.

Lloyd
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hey Lloyd,
my name is Alex Holden. I'm a friend of Travis Moye. I met Shaun last year and was fortunate enough to get to surf with him and Darin over at second light. My wife makes the dog collars that Roxy and Tarzan are wearing (providing that they haven't thrashed them on an armadillo hunt!) the hawaiian ones. Just thought that I would say hello and ask you if the BYT has any plans for NC next year. I tried to get it lined up through the CC dealer here and Shaun but it was too late. Tell Shaun sorry to hear about his boards getting ripped off...... I had my Belmont 136 stolen a few weeks ago. It was my favorite board ever..... I got a new one but it's not the same. Thanks

Alex
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       06-25-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
Alex
Roxy still has her collar (although somewhat thrashed). As far as NC - yes - If I have any say in this. Wouldn't it be great if we could catch all these thieves and then do something publicly to them like they do in Saudi Arabia (chop off their hand). Not much stealing going on there.

And here is the Portland location for July 1st
It is being put on by Active Water Sports.

Directions to Memorial Park:

From Interstate 5 take exit 283, off the ramp travel East on Stafford Rd/Wilsonville Road about 1/2 mile past the minimalls there. Turn right on Memorial Drive, take the left into Memorial Park almost immediately.
Since this is not a scheduled BYT^ stop, I'm not exactly sure of the schedule. But it should be something like: 9 - 11:30 freeride clinic (call the shop for a spot - they are very limited)
12 - 2 pm Hang out with the pros - usually they are playing some kind of game. and from 2 - 3:30 pro exhibition followed by an autograph poster session.