Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    jetpilot313            05-06-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
IVE BEEN LOOKING AT BOATS FOR A WHILE AND I STILL HAVE A GOOD WHILE TILL I HAVE TO MAKE MY CHOICE. IVE NARROWED MY CHOICES DOWN TO SAN X2 OR X30. IVE RIDDED BEHIND THE X2 AND SAN AND I LIKED THE X2 WAKE BETTER. I NO THE X30 ISNT AS POPULAR OF A BOAT AS THE OTHERS BUT I NEED TO KNOW COULD YOU GET THE WAKE LIKE THE X2 BY JUST MORE BALLAST OR IS IT JUST NOT AS GOOD. I WONDER THIS BECAUSE I FIND THE X2 TO BE MORE CRAMPED
Old    jetpilot313            05-07-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
any input will help
Old    jetpilot313            05-09-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
???
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-10-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
The x30 wake is not a clean wake in comparison to most other boats out there. I'm not trying to knock the boat, just in my experience the x2 and the SAN wakes are way better. My favorite wake is the SAN - its clean and rampy and I always feel like it boots me well. The x2 tends to get a weird kick to the top of it that can boot you if you're light, but if you're a heavier guy and you charge it you tend to blow through it. If you want a wider boat with a quality wake, go with a Tige. The Tige 22v's wake is actually similar to the SAN. Don't knock me here I know they are two completly different boats, but their wakes are comparable. The difference is that the Tige is much wider and has a longer transition with a bit harder kick to the lip. The Tige will wash if you put too much weight in the back, but properly loaded it produces a clean, rampy wake that kicks very similar to the nautique, just with a longer transition. Personally, I like the width too because I ride at 80' or 85' and I can enjoy landing on the downside of the wake sometimes instead of always out in the flats.

Hopefully this helps - if you have an interest in the Tige get in touch with me. My 2003 22v is for sale CHEAP with a new 2004 22v on the way. I like the huge interior of the Tige, and truly the wake is top notch - way better than the x-30.

Otherwise, go with the the SAN.
Old    jetpilot313            05-11-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
when you say the x30 wake is not clean you mean like washed out
Old    jetpilot313            05-12-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
i talked to the guy at mastercraft dealership and he wakeboards alot and he told me both of the wakes are awesome and he would not be able to choose between the 2.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
Yes. The x-30 in my experience has a tendency to be a soft wake that rolls over easier at the top - i.e. washes out. Of several Mastercraft-loving riders I know, they all agree with me that the x30 wake is not as good as the x2 and they all like my Tige's wake.
Old    goldmember            05-12-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
test
Old    jetpilot313            05-13-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
im going to drive the boat this weekend but wont be able to ride behind till another time