Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-05-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cd6C1vIyQ3w

I saw this video and thought I had to share with the WW community. It looks fun but hopefully they stay in the ocean.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       10-05-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
That's the coolest **** I have seen in a long time.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-05-2012, 5:19 PM Reply   
Now that's different.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
There are a couple resorts in Florida that have beenadvertizing something similar for rent.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-06-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
As expensive as those things are, wonder what they cost to rent by the hour. I am also curious of the skill level involved. You must crash some before you get the hang of it.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-06-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
$200 for 30minutes here in Orlando. They did a groupon a bit ago for $99 deal
Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-07-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
My in-laws own a motorsports dealership with Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha, etc. They are going to carry these for the next year. $6500 for the jet pack kit, but you still need to have your own watercraft to hook it to. They recommend at least 130 HP models. Pretty awesome toy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2012, 12:23 AM Reply   
Not trying to be a wet blanket here but, what happens when these guys do one of those porpoise dives and there's a log or piece of driftwood under the water? IMO these things look like fun for a few minutes and that's about it. I would be bored after awhile and then like typical jet skiers do-do something stupid. It's inevitable. That's the problem when you have a sport/activity that can't be fun in and of itself for any length of time. You end up trying to make it more fun and in the process end up doing something dangerous/stupid or endangering someone else. Sure is fun to watch for a minute or so though.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
^ That's what is great about 'Merica, freedom to do what you want and hurt yourself as you see fit. Its the natural progression of things, I like to mtn bike... I learn to weave through trees, then I learn to go faster, now I want to get air off that rock, oh look there's another rock but its in the trees I want to air off that, now I want to get bigger air off that rock and go even faster.

I see plenty of danger in those things - underwater hazards, landing on your own ski head first... Hopefully there won't be lawsuits, but there probably will be.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
The jetski looks like more fun than just hovering over the water.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
It looks like the best use of a waverunner yet -- ride your own personal firehose.
Old     (morrisdl)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-08-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Looks like perfect training for flying an ironman suit (someday)....
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
only a matter of time before we see one of these goofballs trying to wakesurf behind a boat...looks about as fun as stand-up jet skiing!

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
now THAT ^^^ looks like fun. That would be a blast to have on a houseboat trip. He hangs a pretty sweet turn at 2:37
Old     (jordanleininger21)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-08-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Not a big skier but that would be fun through a slalom course^^