Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Seems I have to position the throttle forward a bit in neutral to get it to start. It used to just start right up turn key. It takes a little reving up. Also idling just a bit low. Like 500rpm. Not sure where I should be at idle. Otherwise it's running great. Anyone know what might cause the hard start?
Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-21-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
Mine wasn't running right at the beginning of the year. Plug wires, distributer cap, and new plugs took care of it.
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Does your engine have black dust all over? My Merc's serpentine belt had a bulletin due to belt alignment and because of that it would splinter off tiny bits of the belt. That worked its way to the air intake and covered the screen. Inside that intake is a tiny white (when new) scotch brite type filter. It cost about a buck to replace and that was causing difficult starts because the engine was starved for air. I’ve since fixed the alignment and the filter and it starts right up like it should.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
All last year V210 350 Mag had trouble starting. Took 20+/- seconds with the starter running and the throttle had to be engaged. After I just replaced the Alternator, it now starts up every time, in neutral, right away. Check the alternator.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
bad neutral saftey switch?
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-24-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
bad neutral saftey switch?
Where is the neutral safety switch located? Our Sanger V210 350 Mag starts hard and doesn't want to idle. We took it to the shop and they couldn't find anything wrong.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-24-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
I just thought of one more thing. A mechanic told us that it could be low fuel pressure and that a secondary fuel pump might take care of the problem. Has anyone tried a second fuel pump?