Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
Well time for me to look at upgrading the board as I think its holding me back a bit... I currently have 08 Vantage bindings that I love so i am keeping them for now... I am 6'2 210# am a somewhat beginner/intermediate ride behind a 2001 tige 20i which board do you think will be better for me?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
what kind of board do you have now?
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
a piece of crap hyperlight ... real cheap crappy price point board with one huge fin... Im ready to upgrade
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=56091

there she is... what a pile but its got me started
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
what is it you don't like about ie too slow, rides too deep in the water, not much pop. also do you ride a stock wake or is your boat weighted.what line length and speed. what if any tricks in your bag?
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       06-04-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
IBEX!! the 08 ibex has HUGE POP! Its crazy!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
no tricks in my bag but would like to add some.... board is too slow... stock wake for now (i have wakeplate)... might add some ballast at some point but not yet
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
the ibex has tons of pop and carves real well. it also has good speed.the ONE is real good for spins because of its early release off the wake.i would think you would prefer the ibex.if it works for parks you cant outgrow it skills wise.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-05-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I would like to respectfully disagree with the above opinions and suggest you go with the One. I ride an Ibex, and the first time I rode it behind a real wakeboard boat I had trouble just hanging on. I'm by no means an advanced rider, but at the time I had wake to wakes (TS and HS) and a couple 180s dialed behind my I/O. The pop of the board was great for the smaller wake, but took a lot of getting used to behind a bigger boat. The Ibex is quite a bit bigger than your current boat, which means it will ride higher in the water, but I think the change might be a bit of a shock, especially with the different rocker styles. Demo if you can, but my suggestion is the One. You can't go wrong either way, but I think you would have more fun, sooner, on the One. Happy shredding.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-05-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Demoing is what sold me on my new Ibex. I rode last weekend, was boosting way higher and got a lot of the tricks I was sketchy with dialed, I love the Ibex, great pop and I think it locks me in pretty well.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
I know you said 08 but the current yr Ibex is much tamer than in previous years. Like others have said demo if you can.

I'm very close to your size and currently ride a LF Witness which I like. I've been riding it for a couple of years and am thinking about changing. I just got one of my boys a One and he loves it, but it isn't the board for me.

Last edited by bcail; 06-07-2010 at 2:38 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
everyone's style and likes are different.that is why you should demo the boards if you can. also try liquid force,CWB,hyperlite,obrien, slingshot,company or others the more you try the easier it will be to decide what you like. i've ridden wake tech,cwb,obrien,liquid force,slingshot hyperliteand byerly. all are different and some are similar. good luck!