Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-24-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
Looking at possibly getting a 2004 Sanger v230 if it is in good shape and if the seller agrees to reduce the price some.

I wanted to get a feel for all you Sanger V230 boat owners out there as to your experience w/ this boat.

I have heard a couple of pros / cons (pasted below) regarding the v230. The 2 cons I have heard was that the steering was difficult and that the size of the boat could be an issue.

I wanted to check in with anyone else who ownes this boat Thank you very much!!

------------------------------------------

By DRA-Doug (load) on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 2:45 pm:

I have an 03 V230, great boat.

It is a big boat though!

We really don't surf so can't help you there.

For Wake we run stock ballast, 400# in pop bags (mostly under the rear seat) extra 250# each side of the motor and 400# in the walkway and it makes a great solid wake.

My wife skis and I would say it is a recreational ski wake at best.
-----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
By Patrick (jetskiprosx) on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 8:54 pm:

Pros - lots of room, great ride, great boarding/surf wake with added wake.

Cons - turning (almost chine locks on every left turn), power (5.7 is adequate, but the 6.2 engine would be better)
------------------------------------------
By DRA-Doug (load) on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 8:40 am:

Same pros & cons as above.

I have the black scorpion, never had a problem. We did reprop once we starting running more weight. Gas, Yes is uses alot when weighted but no more than any other boat. It does have a 50 gallon tank which is nice.

If I was to buy again I would get a 215, just a little smaller, easier to trailer etc. The 230 is great on a camping trip though with tons of room. I got a great deal on mine as it was a leftover and would do so again.
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-24-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
I have absolutely no complaints about my '04 V-230! It's been a great workhorse, lots of room, plenty of features. Solid performer!

I disagree that it's steering is difficult. The boat will chine lock, but that is not a difficult problem.

Size of the boat? Which part is an issue. Plenty of interior room. Large storage lockers. Easy to trailer. It's large compared to a dingy, small compared to an aircraft carrier.

I have to say this is one of the best values on the water, and the quality is top notch.

I'm happy to answer more specific questions if you have them.

Cheers!

Toneus

Picture of mine in my profile
Old     (pronuke)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-25-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Not sure what kind of deal you are getting on the 2004 or where you are located at but it might be worth taking a look at this boat if you are so inclined.

Its a 2005 Sanger V230 with 50 hours

http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/1349958262.html
Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-25-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike for the link. I was ready to jump. Called the guy but it was sold. Bummer. Looked like a great boat.

Toneus, I hear that the V230 are good in rough water also. How has your experience been?
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Great in rough water, all sangers are. 230 particularily being biggger and more freeboard.
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-25-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
My V-230 cuts through the chop and rollers great, but there is no question that all boats are going to be slowed by the stuff in the main channel.

It bugs me that Sanger get's treated like a Red Headed Stepchild.

Bottom line is that I'm just a fan of Sanger as a quality product that it is. The boat is simply Quality and Performance put together.