Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (akajimster)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Just bought a Supreme V210 and now the warning light and the annoying alarm is going off on the V-Drive when in the 5-mph zones. There is a tag around the warning light that mentions something about 1500 rpm, but the alarm stops after ~1200 rpm. The fluid level is fine, runs great, no noises, no slipping, etc. What could the problem be? Could it just be a bad sensor?

Thanks
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
The light is normal, but you shouldn't get the alarm unless the pressure is low above 1500 rpm's. This happened to a friends 02 Malibu VLX and it cost him a grand. It was in the control module on his.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Same here Jim. Not much fluid is being spent through so the light goes on. Freak out when your at 3500 RMP and its on! Totally normal.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 12:26 AM Reply   
I think the alarm indicates 3 things.
Oil pressure.
Over heating.
and something else.. cant remember...
I had an older boat that did that... and no one could really figure it out... My gauges indicated oil pressure was fine, temperature was fne... but that annoying beep... just ask a dealer.. they will figure it out for you!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-28-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Centurion guys told me, I could get a similar warning and alarm when the boat overheats which might be a direct result of your impellar going out.
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-28-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
I get the same on my VRide (only the light), but as soon as I start moving, the light goes off. All fluids are fine. Jim, I'm glad you asked the question, because I meant to a few weeks back. This actually puts me at ease.

Thanks guys!
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-28-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Mine states right there on the tag that if the light doesnt go off at 1500 RPM (going up) there is a problem. It stays on under 1500 just so you will know the light is working.
Old     (akajimster)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the posts. That puts me a bit more at ease. I thought the low RPM had something to do with it, just wasn't sure. The only thing I'm still unsure of, is if the warning alarm that also goes off every 5-10 seconds at low RPM but stops above ~1200. Would that also be for the V-Drive(at low RPM) or something else?

Steve- Yeah, I'm sure I need to replace the impeller also. When I asked the previous owners when was the last time they replaced it, they had a confused look on their face and didn't know they needed to.

Speaking of which, does anybody know where the impeller is located on a '00 Supreme V210? Where's best place to purchase? Things are definately not as easy to locate and work on with a V-drive vs. mid-engine direct drive.

Thanks again

(Message edited by akajimster on June 28, 2007)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-28-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
i have been having the same problem with my 2002 xstar. i cant quite figure it out. i used to think the alternator couldnt run my 2 batteries, amps, and speakers, but i wasnt positive. the only time it goes off is at low rpm's when we come back to pick up the rider.

i guess i will check out the impellar.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
We had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad sensor. Dealer replaced it at no cost. I took it in right away even though everything showed ok. Thought it was a better idea than potentially causing a lot of damage.