Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
any guesses how long it will take for the water to receed enough for the docks not to be a foot and a half under water?

just visited the launch on my lunch break and it's ugly--worse than last weekend.

launching should be no problem, but coming back in doesn't look very safe and i'm sure those docks are slicker than snot.. never seen it this bad in June...

when are they going to do something about the docks? isn't that launch past due for a complete overhaul?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
HEhe, don't high center your boat, Bruce.

Sounds like it's close to declaring the lake a huge no wake zone.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
what's up bill. you're kidding about no wake zone on samm aren't you?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
I'll be out there this weekend fully sac'd out for surfing ready to destroy some lawns.

Just kidding.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
Yea, It's been a few years since they did it. But it has been done...... about the time NuBu's wake was knocking people's basement doors & windows out. Water level was up to my knees standing on the State Park launch docks. They did it to Lake Coeur d'Alene last year for about a week.

Is Washington up too? Basically they have to let the water out of Lake Union at the locks, which will effect WA, and then Sammamish. The Slew doesn't have a dam of any kind they can open or close. It's just flows over when it's high..... and sounds like it's high now. Sometimes it takes a while.

Hows my condos doing? In the past, the water would be so high they would have to sand bag the two buildings down by the water.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
nubu, when you're coming back in to load, are you having someone jump off the bow into the water over the cement ramp, or are you carefully letting them off at the tip of the submerged dock. i don't want to break my neck or toe tap a phantom nail!

Last edited by brucemac; 06-10-2010 at 5:03 PM.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
yeah, i heard a rumor there were currently two ramps closed on WA Bill.

i plan on taking my chances at samm, but it's not easy with 3 young kiddos and i want to be safe and not ding my boat.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I'll nose up to docks, the water level has gone down 6 inches in just over 24 hours. Should be able to see the docks if it doesn't rain until Sat.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-11-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Might be down this weekend. It goes up pretty quick with all the downpours we've had. And I do sympathize with the home owners along the lake but. some go a bit over the top.

If any of you on the west side of Lk Samm know a guy that has a blue and white boat about half way between Vassa and the point south of surfers cove, tell him he should whatch who he's chasing down. There are some unstable people around.

This DB and his girlfriend/wife chases us down and turns into us when we stop. Proceeds to yell at us about our wake banging around his neighbors boats ( Stock VLX ballast + 2 450's on the floor? not), then how he was yelling at us from the shore to stay away (stay away? from the shore? like we can hear him), then that we were riding inside the bouys (NOT, NEVER!), then that when the water is high, we have to ride in the middle of the lake so the wakes don't cause any damage to the docks (what? I'm sure he's not riding down the center of the lake).

There were 4 of us and just him. Pretty ballsy not knowing what response he'd get from 4 guys. Instead of argueing with him and pointin gout his flaws we just nodded and said OK, whatever. Not sure why he thought he was the lake police, but someone else may not have acted as patiently as us. With 2 other boats out, I'm sure he had us confused with one of the other ones.

This weekend should be fun since it'll be nice and no one has been out lately. I'm thinking everyone and their brother that has been jones-ing to get their water toy out will be on the lake.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Yeah he should have been pissed at the Inland Surfer boat, they are the ones that cruise the bouy line back and forth infront of his house all day.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Yeah he should have been pissed at the Inland Surfer boat, they are the ones that cruise the bouy line back and forth infront of his house all day.
With like 3500 lbs of ballast on it. Jeff's a nice enough guy, but that wake was tough to get over without losing some fillings.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-11-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
This weekend should be plenty busy on Lake Sammamish. They have Inboard Limited Hydros, Jet Ski Races and live Bands at the State Park for the Tastin n Racin Event. I think that they bring in a crane to launch their boats so shouldn't affect the regular boat launch.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-11-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
where is surfer's cove? is it that big cove where they' built/building that ginormous house on the west side?

the only problem i have with surfers is when we're tied up to other boats, anchored near the bouy line and someone feels it important enough to keep their line while cruising 20ft away from us all stacked up. i think that's pretty weak. no offense if it's you nubu, but my old racks are hard to find.

not to mention i've had a few scratches from it last year. it happened several times. i know it's a drag to come off plain and all, but everytime it happened, it wasn't even that busy and we could have easily been avoided without downing a rider imo.

oh well, anyway, i had no idea it was going to be that busy this weekend. should be interesting. just can't wait to get out. i bet though if the docks are still covered, it will scare more than a few people away. it did me last weekend, but they weren't even marked. have fun everybody.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
You know what my boat looks like and I can guarantee you didn't see me doing that to Anyone!
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Yeah it really sucks. My dock is also under, and my lift doesn't lift high enough to get out of the water. So I can't even have the boat in for the summer yet.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-11-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
nubu, i know, just teasin' ya.

bill, look on the bright side, you live on the water! lucky duck.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
bill, look on the bright side, you live on the water! lucky duck.
No doubt about that. But I'm doing it the only way I could ever afford it.... shared waterfront. When we were at the condos at the north end of Sammamish, we had 83 owners who shared a 300' beach, our own ramp, docks, slips, volleyball, etc.
Now that we're on Liberty, 300 miles east, we have a house, 53 owners who share a 300' beach, our own ramp, sandy beach, docks, slips, etc. Trying to push a cabana to be built this year. And we just installed some canoe/kayak racks..... where I keep a paddleboard. Sometimes it sucks getting a bunch of owners to agree on anything. But it definitely takes a lot of the work out of playing on the boat.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 06-11-2010 at 3:51 PM.
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-12-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have heard that there are plans to renovate the State Park and the boat launch, but that was a few years ago before the economy tanked so who knows when it will get funding now but you are right that boat launch is a dump and they need to renovate it and build longer floating docks.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2010, 11:31 PM Reply   
i know huh. how about an snow cone/ice consessioner?

sign me up.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
You should have seen the launch yesterday it was a madhouse. I'm confident all the idiots were out in full force yesterday. From the guys doing figure 8's and donuts 5' outside the bouy line to the 2 guys with 25+' cuddy cabin's that put their boats on the trailer listing about 30 degrees and drove off down the road like that.

I saw a guy that didn't know how to drive towing a boat and trailer ,and looked to be hammered, ram and proceeded to drive up onto another mans empty trailer that was parked. The guy didn't stop, didn't leave a note, just threw it in reverse and just took off. My buddy took care of that issue.

All these docks were at least 10" under water, I've never seen boats ontop of the docks before until yesterday.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
HA!

i took the family out saturday and had a friend and his wife help me in and out since it's so tough with the kids and i didn't want my wife to deal with the docks, they were so slick.

there were definitely some crazies out. i couldn't get over how many people just let there boats ride and hit the docks.

it was crazy, but we had had a blast. we just headed up north and hung out. it was great to finally spend the day out there. didn't get to ride, but my oldest got up on the ski trainer. that was awesome to watch. she was stoked.

got to ride a little bit yesterday morning early on lake washington on my friends boat, but we ended up getting got blown out. so glad i live close to samm.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
It was entertaining to say the least. I was out there yesterday, not near as bad but the water was pretty blown out even for wakesurfing.