Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
How much is an infraction ticket for not being out of your campsite in time? We were at lake oroville, ca on a floating campsite packed up and went wakeboarding at 10am. We hade to check out by noon but we lost track of time and were back at 1pm. The Sherrif gave me an infraction ticket for not being checked out in time. Do you know what the ticket could run?
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
No, but I would like to hear because we were talking about that over a beer....

We were on floater #6 with 14 people, due to check out on Monday. We had just finished a big post set meal. About 11:45 we talked about packing up, then decided we should "just finish the one beer". Just before noon, we saw the maintenance crew coming. We got up to get some $20's to see if they could start cleaning the other empty nearby floaters. They just came by and told us (very nicely) we should get rolling because the ranger was coming up the arm. We started to scramble and had everything packed up in about 40mins. While we were packing (around 12:30) the ranger drove by and saw us scrambling, but never stopped. We were off the site just before 1pm, but never got hasseled any worse than "hey guys, the ranger is moving this way". Had it not been for the ranger, I'm sure the maintenance guys would have gladly pocketed the $$'s for some extra time.

I think I recognize the boat in your profile pic. Were you on the site closest to the "upstream" 5 buoy in the arm under the bridge...close to the S.S. Relief?
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
yep - that was us #3 the closest to the up stream buoy. I know that it was our fault, but i was surprised that they took it so serriously. I even offered to pay an extra night or compensate the cleaning crew, but the sherrif was not diggin it. He said that the ticket will not be on my record, that it is simular to a parking ticket, but i have no idea on how much it could cost.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
That sucks. On Sunday we asked the cleaning crew if we had everything packed and stacked next to the edge if we could keep it there a bit past noon. They said no, everything had to be off because they break out the power washers to clean those things.

I hope the ticket isn't too much.....
Old     (switchbladewake)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-29-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Wait, back up a minute. Your lake has floating campsites? What lake, where, how much?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Lake Oroville in NorCal
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
pics!!!!
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
$100 / night......+ ticket cost if not off by noon (sorry Neil).
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Man I wish we had those. That would be so key. Can you bring pets onto them
?
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
no pets allowed
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-29-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Serious NO PETS?
Whats the deal with that? That is a deal breaker for me.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
What are you gonna bring your CAT on there? Most dogs would go nuts on there after awhile. Pretty sure I would bring my doggy regardless tho.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-29-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
How sweet, Camp next to your boat and no barking dogs, life can't get much better
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-30-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Those are awesome. I would love to camp like that here in FL. I believe the mosquitos would like it as well, lol...
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-30-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
man that's just awesome!!!!
is there some kind of safe?
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
In the middle picture you can see the corner of the structure under the stairs. There is an enclosed section that is divided in three. One side is the bathroom, the center is a small "closet" for maintanence personell only, and the other end is a storage closet. The bathroom and the storage closet have a combo lock door knob. They change the combo for each new group, and that's what they provide when you "check in". The storage closet is big enough for boards and gear.