Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
Im a little girl and I dont want to get my boat wet, Bla Bla Bla,

Who else is a chicken! Thats right Im calling all the you chickens out,
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
antbug's one of 'em. i'll let him know you called him out when he gets here.
Old    mia            04-22-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
i am another one.... that is a long drive for rain..
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
im not there.... but thats cause the flight xost so much more than i expected...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-22-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm not going, simply because I didn't plan too. But, I would've cancelled because of the weather too... Does that make me a chicken?

-Blake
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-22-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm one.I think I look pretty smart about now.

It was more of a money thing anyway.To bad really,I wanted to meet my fellow boarders.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2005, 8:44 AM Reply   
OK I didn't go because of the weather, not my boat is not out of the shop. I live in Modesto and saw alot of boats going up to Don Pedro late yesterday. It is raining right now it must be wet up there.
Old    stillstandin            04-23-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'm not. camp spot is paid for, and im still not going...no need to be cold and miserable
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
I chickened out, if that is what you want to call it. Boat is still not ready like many other boats I know

Craig- That is exactly why I did not make reservations, I had a feeling rain would come. I think if you call them they will give you half of your money back.
Old    stillstandin            04-23-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Well, I was gonna wait till this afternoon and see how it looked. not looking goood tho. THis is the first weekend my wife and I have off together it a month. I didnt want to drag her up there, and have her sitting in the boat cold. No biggie. That is the price you pay for boating this time of year..its always unpredictable. Sux, because had the weather stayed the same as it was all week. It would have been a absolute blast.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
Craig,
I here ya. I have wedn. and thurs. off all summer. It took months of planning to get this weekend off. I had 20 friends lined up to go, and we had to cancel on thursday night. Boating should be fun out in the hot sun. If I wanted cold, I would go snowboarding

(Message edited by timber on April 23, 2005)
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-23-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I'm one. Chickened out becuse of the rain.
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
I'm a chciken. I could not afford my blinging system to get wet

Mighty Matt- what is gowakin.com? The link is dead off your profile.
Old     (jose_cuervo)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-24-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
We were there Friday got there about 1pm, launched the boat, cruised around for a bit. Ate lunch on the boat, when about 3pm the weather changed so fast. The water was sooooooo choppy that the DP Ranger on the boat demanded few (a lot) of boaters to head back to the dock for safety reasons. In a span of 15 minutes, from calm waters, it changed to what felt like tsunami waters. White Caps everywhere. We were all drenched in the boat from the waves splashing in. It was a struggle coming back to safety. Did you see that movie "Perfect Storm" ? well wasnt really like that, but thats what we/it felt like.

It started to drizzle and got way too windy. My 4 yr old daughter was shivvering from the cold. That was enough for us, so we decided to head home.

Yes, we were chicken, girly girl whatever, but its no fun to go camping, in cold and rain.

No worries, there will always be a next time.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
sorry guys, we got the shiznit weather the whole weekend. No rain, nice and sunny (somewhat), hell even my wife was in her bikini and she's a wuss. Cold and miserable, haahahah. Try drunk and having fun......

Chad
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
allright guys... start posting the pictures from the weekend
Old    hyperryd            04-24-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
Check this thread for pics.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/224924.html?1114392345
Old    walt            04-24-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Like Chad said the weather was pretty good except for the brief windy spell and a little drizzle. I thought it was a good turn out considering the threat of rain. I think it's going to take me a few days to recover from this trip.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
so how did all the raffels and party go on saturday
Old    walt            04-24-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
I bought ten tickets and five of them won ! I kept the first two prizes and asked them to draw again on the other three.
Old    stillstandin            04-24-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hey, Im glad you guys had fun, and had decent weather. Here in Modesto it was miseralbe all weekend, and Pedro is due east so I figured what was here, was heading there. O-well, thats the chance you take I guess. Looking forward to hearing the stories, and seeing the pics
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
Wakeboard gods definitely smiled. You guys that didn't show are soft. It was going off no matter what. Friday cleared out at around 4 and never looked back. I was worried because it felt like a hurricane on the way up, but it just blew everything through. We even got good enough weather and light to get some DS2 footage of Kevin Bird.

From what I've heard we were the only ones in the area not getting rained on this weekend, in fact I saw a lot of sun burns on saturday night.

Besides, they're boats. They're made to get wet.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Joecos....big mistake going home.

Grant, This was one one of those trips where you should have said, "what the hell-let's go for it."

Saturday

Old    chavezychavez            04-25-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Not a single drop of rain...

Don't you wussies have cell-phones? Shoulda called someone and asked what the weather was like at the lake.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Worst storm ever! You gotta see my sunburn!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-26-2005, 12:20 AM Reply   
Chad said it best, if I can fly 2500 miles don't give me an excuse how it was "insert excuse here".
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 7:06 AM Reply   
Yo Tonis. I've got a great profile pic for you!

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-26-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
I have to agree with J-rod, you missed out if you bailed cause of possible rain. Yeah Friday blew for a little while but the evening gave way to pure glass conditions. The next three days were the same. If you couldn't stay until Monday you missed the best of the weekend. I was hoping to meet a bunch of ya, but wandering through the camps at night was not the way to find people.

J-rod the boat looks good on the way by.

Walt: missed you again

Darren: thanks for hanging out and drinking with us in "H" loop

Canada Guy: thanks for the stickers and hope to meet up again some time, Thanks for comming by.

Rene and Tate: Look forward to finding you guys soon, sorry for missing you guys at your site.

Charles: Nice V210- hopw to see you again too.