Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    tcboarder            06-27-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
i am lookin to get a mobius lsv, what is your idea about this boat, have you driven it or ridden behind it, if so how is it, should i get a 2004 or wait to buy a 2005. and anything else i should know like what options are essential, just let me know, thanks
Old    zboomer            06-28-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
My boss has one and loves it. Great boat for the price for sure. His was pretty loaded, and I think he got it for close to $32k (last winter, boat show price.)
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-28-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
i've got one and i think its a sweet boat, especially for the $$$ has everything the upper lines have, has the stadium seating (where you can turn the back bench forward so the people and sit the other way to watch the boarder, built in cooler, ballast, everything.!

i've heard that all the dealerships have sold out of the 2004 models for the year. but maybe thats just michigan.....

as far as wake size, i thinks it pretty nice, with only a couple people in the boat i fill the front ballast system all the way up, and put the wake plate (a must when you order by the way) and put that all the way up and wake is just as big as anything out there. the only wake that i've seen bigger in the X-10 (which is close) the Air Nautique, and the Malibu VLX. all with full ballast full though. on the moomba what im gonna do to make a wake like the top companys is buy the Covered fat sacs that specifically fit in the V-Drive storage compartments and weigh a total of 700lbs, 350 on each side, then the wake will be awesome, but its pretty damn good for now.
Old    chip_boarder            06-30-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have had an 2003 & 2004 mobius lsv. They have made a lot of nice improvements on the 04. I have almost every option except the shower & lights. If you live up North get the heater. I didn't have one on the 03, it is the best $400 you can spend.

You may want to order the stereo & speakers on your own. The new clarion speakers suck on the 04. I had bose speakers on the 03 they were much better. I have the stereo w amp and the sound is not good. I have also talked to a 04 lsv owner who has the same stereo problems. The stereo won't go loud enough to hear when you are wakeboarding.

I like the wake in my mobius better than an x star that I road in last year. It may be beacuse that is what I am used too. I have had a couple of problems with the boats and gotten pissed, but Skiers Choice Moomba has treated me very well. They are slow, but have done things above and beyond my expectations.